By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When do you think the Nextgen systems will launch?.

I kinda hope both the next Xbox & Playstation, have AMD chips.
It needs the bussiness so we dont even up with a intel monopoly.

Also I hope they have "free-sync" by then (the consoles) (amd version of G-Sync) and that TVs by then support it.
I also kinda hope they do more than 1080p.... maybe not 4k, but like 1440 or 2k resolutions.

10nm chips or bust!

Around the Network

For PS5, the year after FF7 R is finished with its releases.

zero129 said:
Cloudman said:
I'd be surprised if this gen ended up being the shortest. Sony tends to stick with their consoles for a good long time, getting games way after the next gens started. That will likely be the only one to last the longest of the 3.

As for the NX, my gut tells me between end of 2016 to early 2017.

MS, well... I dunno... Maybe 2018 or 2019?

I think both MS and Sony will keep their consoles around after they launch the next ones, this is what i mean by forword compatablity.

Yeah, I can def see that happening. I think maybe MS maybe more willing to move to the next gen quicker than Sony, since they're not doing so hot this gen. Or maybe they can pull a PS3 this gen? Who knows..

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

BasilZero said:
Nintendo's successor to the WiiU: 2018
Nintendo's successor to the 3DS: 2017
Sony's successor to the PS4: 2020
Microsoft's successor to the XBO: 2020

You're waaaaay optimistic.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Nintendo's next console launches this year, PS5 will launch 2018 or 2019 and there may or may NOT be another Xbox.

Around the Network

NX is Nintendo's successor to both the console and portable and they will launch this year and become an evolving platform that upgrades over time and is account based. November 2016. 

Playstation 5 will be a traditional game platform with a cloud style service attached to it, that will launch in 2018 or 2019.

The next XBox will not be a traditional console platform at all. It will merge Windows PC into a console box and will literally run the real Windows and every PC game on your TV. MS will target STEAM as their no.1 rival and attempt to usurp Steam and Steamboxes with the Windows Games service. As such there will be dozens of next-gen XBox models and no traditional beginning or end to their hardware cycle. MS will gradually start to support the XBOne over the next few years and transition more into this new PC box structure. But I guess I would say the official "launch" of this will be November 2017. 

BasilZero said:
JEMC said:
BasilZero said:
Nintendo's successor to the WiiU: 2018
Nintendo's successor to the 3DS: 2017
Sony's successor to the PS4: 2020
Microsoft's successor to the XBO: 2020

You're waaaaay optimistic.

????

o.O

C'mon, Basil. It's 2016 and there's only one big title for Wii U, Zelda U (ok, two if you count StarFox, which I don't). Do you really expect Nintendo to keep the Wii U alive for two more years? With which games?

No, Wii U's successor will launch this year or early 2017.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Holiday 2019 for PS5/XB2
2016/2017 for Nintendo handheld/console

No follow up for vita will be produced.

Most likely around mid 2016 with Nintendo's next portable.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

NX- 2016
XB2- 2019
PS5-2020

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---