By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When do you think the Nextgen systems will launch?.

NX is late 2016 / early 2017.
XB2 is mid 2019.
PS5 is early 2020.

^ my guesses.

It depends on proccess node technology though.

I think when 10nm is matured enough (xb2), is when it ll happen, and dont think thats sooner than 2019.

I think MS might try to get a jump on sony, so they might be willing to pay slightly more for early production and get their console out first.

Sony will wait it out abit, the PS4 is doing really well, and wait abit for cheaper production costs, probably launching 6months or so later.

Around the Network
TheGreatGamerGod said:

I think whenever they do launch, MS will likely try and get the jump on Sony by a year. If they're smart they'll be starting to prepare exclusives for the next gen launch around now and launch it around 2019. They may well try and repeat history with the XBone as they did with the original Xbox however and ditch it much earlier. It could be as early as winter 2018, especially if by some miracle the NX gains traction. I also know by posting this I'm likely to get someone screaming at me telling me how wrong I am instead of discussing it, as happened with the loon in the rise of the tomb raider sales thread.

I actually think this is spot on.

zero129 said:

Xbox 10 - 2017: Windows 10 console that will share games across PC using Windows Store.

I think a 2017 replacement for the Xbox Two, would be too soon, unless its backwards compatable with all xbox one games, it ll anger alot of people.

Also without new advancements in proccess node technology the gains would be too small.

You ll need 10nm chips for the next consoles (its a disadvantage you do not want to have, vs your competiter)

Nintendo handheld: 2016
Nintendo home console: 2017
PS5: 2019
PS Vita successor: never
Xbox What ever: 2018
Sega MasterGenesisCast: February 29th, 2018
OUYA II: nobody cares anyway

JRPGfan said:
TheGreatGamerGod said:

I think whenever they do launch, MS will likely try and get the jump on Sony by a year. If they're smart they'll be starting to prepare exclusives for the next gen launch around now and launch it around 2019. They may well try and repeat history with the XBone as they did with the original Xbox however and ditch it much earlier. It could be as early as winter 2018, especially if by some miracle the NX gains traction. I also know by posting this I'm likely to get someone screaming at me telling me how wrong I am instead of discussing it, as happened with the loon in the rise of the tomb raider sales thread.

I actually think this is spot on.

e with all xbox one games, it ll anger alot of people.

It would be the same time gap between original xbox and the 360. it's just a little early and quite possible, in order to be one year ahead of a ps5 launch in 2018 and not long after a Wii U replacement.

I think November 2019,but I hope 2020

Around the Network

PS5 2019

PS4 2019

I'd be surprised if this gen ended up being the shortest. Sony tends to stick with their consoles for a good long time, getting games way after the next gens started. That will likely be the only one to last the longest of the 3.

As for the NX, my gut tells me between end of 2016 to early 2017.

MS, well... I dunno... Maybe 2018 or 2019?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Roronaa_chan said:
No earlier than 2019. Maybe 2020.
I know some wishful thinkers hate that thought. Too bad. This isn't the "midpoint", it's just getting started. Midpoint will be 2017.

This. There is no need to even think about a next gen yet.

The Playstation 4 have not peaked yet, sales and games wise. 

2015 was an amazing year for us, 2016 will certainly be one of The Best Line-Ups in The History of Playstation and who knows about 2017, probably will be even better than this.

Also, if there is one company that support its consoles for decades is Sony. So im not worried about a Ps5 yet, at all.

NX-2016
XB2-2019
PS5-2020