By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When do you think the Nextgen systems will launch?.

chapset said:
PS5/X2: late 2020
NX 2 : early 2020

Bold. I like it!

Around the Network

Gut instinct says 2020. Nintendo's real Gen 9 system will probably hit in 2022.

Nintendo's launching this year IMO and it will be an upgradable type of platform that can improve as time goes on, which links home and portable together. In other words, something different from what's been done in the past.

Soundwave said:
Nintendo's launching this year IMO and it will be an upgradable type of platform that can improve as time goes on, which links home and portable together. In other words, something different from what's been done in the past.

I just hope that Nintendo dont go too crazy with the NX design. Im hoping for a straight forward Nintendo console since the Wii. No gimmicks. No silly Tablet/Move Controllers. Just a regular, old school, powerful console.

Also, NO UPGRADABLE console pleeease. Have people forgotten about the Expansion Pack on the N64 and the Wii Motion Plus? One of the least supported accesories in the history of gaming.

2019 will be very early IMO.

I'm sure that Sony/MS haven't yet decided what year they want to launch. The growth in this gen is still strong (not including Nintendo).

2021 methinks. They'll need to target 4k, I think they'll be a bit more expensive than this gen but not by much.

It depends alot on where technology is and what is expected on the horizon, as haxxiy mentions about silicon production processes.

I can't see the world as a whole having the required internet speeds to go fully digital, but I think 50GB blu ray will not be big enough when we need textures for 4k, along with high quality surround sound.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

Around the Network

I think we need atleast one more GPU generation between PS4 and PS5 so that there is a difference of two generations. We still have the same process 28nm now hopefully this year 14nm will come but not sure this will will warant another console gen. Which usually have several die shrinks inbetween 3-4 So I think next gen will be at 10nm. And after that who knows what will happen. 10nm will be probably around 2020.

I'm guessing the NX will release in 2017, regardless of what it exactly is :p

though I have no idea for the new Xbox and PS though

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

No replacement from either Microsoft or Sony until 2020 ...

2018-20 seems like nearest but not too late of a time to release a next gen system.

I just hope they actually bring more power and focus less on the non gaming specifics.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"