By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Should Make Splatoon 2 A NX Launch Title

too soon. the game came out this year, even if come out in 2017, would be only 2 year for development. Quality takes time, and nintendo know this at least.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Around the Network
justiceiro said:
too soon. the game came out this year, even if come out in 2017, would be only 2 year for development. Quality takes time, and nintendo know this at least.

well development for Splatoon took around a year and a half taking into consideration the brainstorming previous to the idea to be chosen...

Luke888 said:
justiceiro said:

well development for Splatoon took around a year and a half taking into consideration the brainstorming previous to the idea to be chosen...

And at release time was criticised for lack of content and options.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

justiceiro said:
Luke888 said:

And at release time was criticised for lack of content and options.

but now that people know it keeps getting a lot of free DLC reviewers will take it into account if it happens to lack content at launch (?)

Miyamotoo said:
AZWification said:

Zelda U port could happen, and a 3D Mario game ( doesn't have to be SMG3) is also going to happen. Splatoon 2 is not happening because I don't think Nintendo would want to rush the sequel.

I would say that Zelda U port is also almost certain, just Zelda U port and new 3D Mario would be very strong combination for NX launch, but Nintendo will definitely prepare something else too.

Maybe Pikmin 4? For 2017 I could see Retro's game come out, maybe a Paper Mario ( Paper Mario U was rumored to be in development in May, but it probably got moved), Diddy Kong Racing 2... The possibilities are endless!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

i say 2017. Nintendo should stick with the same, slow leak formula, but with a touch more content to start at default than the first game (few more modes and stages).

"Nintendo should make splatoon2" would have been enough.

I LOVE ICELAND!

I don't know about LAUNCH title. They need some time to make it good, after all. And do bear in mind that they are almost assuredly going to have a new 3D Mario, AND whatever the hell Retro has been working on all this time, as launch window titles. But yes, they certainly should make another Splatoon, in light of how surprisingly successful the first was.

I think actually Zelda + Splatoon is a better launch combo than Zelda + Mario. Zelda + Mario would cannibalize each other's sales because they are similar single-player centric adventure games.

I mean you could spread it out other ways too.

Maybe Zelda + Pikmin 4 for launch, Splatoon in March/April 2017, Mario in May/June 2017 works as well.

Again the first Splatoon, the game was largely made in like 16 months, really even less.

So it shouldn't take more than 2 years now for there to be a Splatoon 2.

If NX releases holiday '16, then spring '17 would be perfect timing for Spla2oon, for maintaining healthy sales post launch period. 2 yrs after Sp1atoon feels about right...