By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Should Make Splatoon 2 A NX Launch Title

Wyrdness said:
Miyamotoo said:

But again there is no need to release basically one of the 3 bigest IPs in single year, and 2019. is definatly late, I dont see why we want see Splatoon and MK in 2017/2018.

Not really 2019 is only the third year and the previous two years would be covered, the 3rd year of a console is often one of the most crucial as it's normally when things start to take off for the library, those 3 IPs would be needed then because that would either be when PS4 and X1 are in full swing or when their successors are being readied.

Take into account the combined portable and home console output, the's no need to rush them out as now the would be IPs like Pokemon, Fire Emblem, AC and some third party titles like Monster Hunter filling gaps and these are big sellers in themselves and that's before we come to possible titles like Metroid, Mario RPGs and all. If the speculation is true about SE the would also be DQXI, FFXIV and so on in 2017.

The's no need for the 3 IPs to be rushed out for 2018 if NX is a hybrid in some form that shares a library as the dynamic would be different from any previous platform, all the big sellers would be under one library meaning more breathing room as well as allowing time to build on previous installments and get them right to run nicely both on portable and home.

I think its pretty stupid to release all 3 biggest multiplayer IPs in same year, Splatoon 2 end of 2017, Mario Kart end of 2018, Smash 2019. would be perfect IMO.

Around the Network
AZWification said:
Miyamotoo said:
AZWification said:

Zelda U port could happen, and a 3D Mario game ( doesn't have to be SMG3) is also going to happen. Splatoon 2 is not happening because I don't think Nintendo would want to rush the sequel.

I would say that Zelda U port is also almost certain, just Zelda U port and new 3D Mario would be very strong combination for NX launch, but Nintendo will definitely prepare something else too.

Maybe Pikmin 4? For 2017 I could see Retro's game come out, maybe a Paper Mario ( Paper Mario U was rumored to be in development in May, but it probably got moved), Diddy Kong Racing 2... The possibilities are endless!

Definitely Pikmin 4, Retros game also, I also think that Diddy Kong Racing 2 is real thing...real question is when exactly Nintendo will release them, I think Zelda U port and 3D Mario are almost certain for NX launch.

Miyamotoo said:
AZWification said:

Maybe Pikmin 4? For 2017 I could see Retro's game come out, maybe a Paper Mario ( Paper Mario U was rumored to be in development in May, but it probably got moved), Diddy Kong Racing 2... The possibilities are endless!

Definitely Pikmin 4, Retros game also, I also think that Diddy Kong Racing 2 is real thing...real question is when exactly Nintendo will release them, I think Zelda U port and 3D Mario are almost certain for NX launch.

I could see Retro's game come out in early 2017 and Diddy Kong Racing 2 in May ( very similar to how MK8 came out in May). Who knows though. There are many games we don't know about. Besides those mentioned, there might also be a Kirby game ( the last fully fledged console game came out 4 years ago), Next Level's game ( could be Luigi's Mansion 3 or maybe a new Punch-Out game)..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
Miyamotoo said:

I could see Retro's game come out in early 2017 and Diddy Kong Racing 2 in May ( very similar to how MK8 came out in May). Who knows though. There are many games we don't know about. Besides those mentioned, there might also be a Kirby game ( the last fully fledged console game came out 4 years ago), Next Level's game ( could be Luigi's Mansion 3 or maybe a new Punch-Out game)..

Not to mention games like Pokemon or Animal Crossing if NX is really unified platform..

Miyamotoo said:
AZWification said:

Not to mention games like Pokemon or Animal Crossing if NX is really unified platform..

I really wonder if we're getting a true AC game early on during NX's life cycle. Amiibo Festival leads me to believe that's the case!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

I think its pretty stupid to release all 3 biggest multiplayer IPs in same year, Splatoon 2 end of 2017, Mario Kart end of 2018, Smash 2019. would be perfect IMO.

Why? they're big IPs and different types of multiplayer games from each other, one of the reasons Wii U had problems was because of how spaced out the big momentum IPs were, imo they'll need around 3 big momentum titles a year to balance out the lower amount of third party games. It would be better to have a set up similar to the following the following:

2017: Zelda U port, 3D Mario, 2D Mario for holidays as well as being a steady seller over time.
2018: Animal Crossing, social type game like Tomodachi Life, Fire Emblem, Pokemon.
2019: Splatoon, Mario Kart, Smash.
2020: Metroid, Xenoblade 3, Zelda NX

This helps establish and maintain momentum as their comptitors have the luxury of always having games like COD and AC each holiday and are guaranteed a GTA game, this is free momentum for their competitors as no first or second party effort is required. Nintendo can then fit filler titles and some gems in the months between these games like Pikmin, DK, Kirby, Paper Mario, Mario RPGs, any third party collaboration (Bayo 3 etc...) etc...

Wyrdness said:
Miyamotoo said:

Why? they're big IPs and different types of multiplayer games from each other, one of the reasons Wii U had problems was because of how spaced out the big momentum IPs were, imo they'll need around 3 big momentum titles a year to balance out the lower amount of third party games. It would be better to have a set up similar to the following the following:

2017: Zelda U port, 3D Mario, 2D Mario for holidays as well as being a steady seller over time.
2018: Animal Crossing, social type game like Tomodachi Life, Fire Emblem, Pokemon.
2019: Splatoon, Mario Kart, Smash.
2020: Metroid, Xenoblade 3, Zelda NX

This helps establish and maintain momentum as their comptitors have the luxury of always having games like COD and AC each holiday and are guaranteed a GTA game, this is free momentum for their competitors as no first or second party effort is required. Nintendo can then fit filler titles and some gems in the months between these games like Pikmin, DK, Kirby, Paper Mario, Mario RPGs, any third party collaboration (Bayo 3 etc...) etc...

I think NX will launch in 2016. That yours 2018. looks pretty weak because they are all similar genre of games while 2019 very strong, no need for that, it's better you have every year equally strong.

Also there is no need to release 3D and 2D Mario in same year.

Miyamotoo said:

I think NX will launch in 2016. That yours 2018. looks pretty weak because they are all similar genre of games while 2019 very strong, no need for that, it's better you have every year equally strong.

NX will launch in 2016 imo but that will be Q4 which makes 2017 it's first year, the sales of the games I put in 2018 also makes it a stronger year then the previous and likely stronger then 2019. Pokemon will sell 10m easy, AC will shift around 5-8m, Tomodachi type game could hit 3-4m while Fire Emblem won't set sales on fire but that could be a good 2m+ so you see it's far stronger then what you're giving it credit for.

2D Mario is a steady seller and adds to the library.

Wyrdness said:
Miyamotoo said:

NX will launch in 2016 imo but that will be Q4 which makes 2017 it's first year, the sales of the games I put in 2018 also makes it a stronger year then the previous and likely stronger then 2019. Pokemon will sell 10m easy, AC will shift around 5-8m, Tomodachi type game could hit 3-4m while Fire Emblem won't set sales on fire but that could be a good 2m+ so you see it's far stronger then what you're giving it credit for.

2D Mario is a steady seller and adds to the library.

Again don't agree that releasing Splatoon, MK and Smash in single year and 3 years after launch would be good move, same as releasing 2D and 3D Mario in same year.

Luke888 said:
justiceiro said:

And at release time was criticised for lack of content and options.

but now that people know it keeps getting a lot of free DLC reviewers will take it into account if it happens to lack content at launch (?)

You say this like people enjoyed having top wait to get the content that they paid for months prior. Do people were happy when the sims 4 was launched barebones compared to the sims 3, even knowing that the DLC would make up for it later?

Reviewers can't take into account the content that they didn't had the chance to review.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko