By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Should Make Splatoon 2 A NX Launch Title

Nintendo love to make alot of really bad choices.

Makeing a 2nd splatoon, from a series most people loved the first of would make too much sense.

No instead what Nintendo will do is keep it "fresh" and make a 2D platforming "splatoon" hybrid game.

btw thats sarcasm, and yes I honestly think nintendo makes alot of bad choices.

Chances of the NX launching with a Zelda U HD version, Splatoon 2.0, and a Mario Galaxy 3, are slim to none.

Why? because that would be the smart move, and nintendo hasnt done too many of those lately.

Around the Network
Shikamo said:
Miyamotoo said:

I am pretty sure we will not have 2D Mario for launch and that 3D Mario is almost certain.

Talking about what else Wii U games could be great ports for NX, ZeldaU is almost certain, Xenoblade X could be also good choice for NX, same like Smash Bros and Pokken Tournament. I think there is no need for ports of other Wii U games.

yeah i'm with you, i pray every day for a mario galaxy 3 haha

We will definatly see SMG3 in some point, but I am not sure that this 3D Mario Nintendo is curently working is SMG3, maybe its totaly new 3D Mario. Also there are very good chances for SM1/2 HD collection for NX.

If the new generation of Pokemon launches with NX, why would they need Splatoon 2? lol

I'm talking about Pokemon being able to be played on home consoles (if NX is a hybrid), that could be huge

Miyamotoo said:

IMO 2019 is definitely too late, they need some those games earlier, they need (and they achieve that) Splatoon and MK in 2017/2018.

If NX is both Portable and Home with a shared library it would be just fine because the output would be enough to cover 2017 and 2018. Think of this you'd now have games like Pokemon and so on added into the mix.

JRPGfan said:

Makeing a 2nd splatoon, from a series most people loved the first of would make too much sense.

No instead what Nintendo will do is keep it "fresh" and make a 2D platforming "splatoon" hybrid game.

Chances of the NX launching with a Zelda U HD version, Splatoon 2.0, and a Mario Galaxy 3, are slim to none.

Why? because that would be the smart move, and nintendo hasnt done too many of those lately.

Zelda U port could happen, and a 3D Mario game ( doesn't have to be SMG3) is also going to happen. Splatoon 2 is not happening because I don't think Nintendo would want to rush the sequel.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Miyamotoo said:

IMO 2019 is definitely too late, they need some those games earlier, they need (and they achieve that) Splatoon and MK in 2017/2018.

If NX is both Portable and Home with a shared library it would be just fine because the output would be enough to cover 2017 and 2018. Think of this you'd now have games like Pokemon and so on added into the mix.

But again there is no need to release basically one of the 3 bigest IPs in single year, and 2019. is definatly late, I dont see why we want see Splatoon and MK in 2017/2018.

AZWification said:
JRPGfan said:

Zelda U port could happen, and a 3D Mario game ( doesn't have to be SMG3) is also going to happen. Splatoon 2 is not happening because I don't think Nintendo would want to rush the sequel.

I would say that Zelda U port is also almost certain, just Zelda U port and new 3D Mario would be very strong combination for NX launch, but Nintendo will definitely prepare something else too.

If the NX launches in Q4 2017 and was released in Q1/2 2018 I could see a case for it, but anything sooner would be well too soon.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Or they could just make it free-2-start like Splatoon should have been and have it be Ninties TF2.

Miyamotoo said:
Wyrdness said:

But again there is no need to release basically one of the 3 bigest IPs in single year, and 2019. is definatly late, I dont see why we want see Splatoon and MK in 2017/2018.

Not really 2019 is only the third year and the previous two years would be covered, the 3rd year of a console is often one of the most crucial as it's normally when things start to take off for the library, those 3 IPs would be needed then because that would either be when PS4 and X1 are in full swing or when their successors are being readied.

Take into account the combined portable and home console output, the's no need to rush them out as now the would be IPs like Pokemon, Fire Emblem, AC and some third party titles like Monster Hunter filling gaps and these are big sellers in themselves and that's before we come to possible titles like Metroid, Mario RPGs and all. If the speculation is true about SE the would also be DQXI, FFXIV and so on in 2017.

The's no need for the 3 IPs to be rushed out for 2018 if NX is a hybrid in some form that shares a library as the dynamic would be different from any previous platform, all the big sellers would be under one library meaning more breathing room as well as allowing time to build on previous installments and get them right to run nicely both on portable and home.