Star Wars The Force Awakens 100 45.05%

Guardians of the Galaxy 92 41.44%

I hate this kind of films. 1 0.45%

Sometimes when I am drunk... 2 0.90%

Both sucked... 9 4.05%

I am Groot! 18 8.11%

Total:222

Star Trek Into Darkness.
Joking, but no, seriously, The Force Awakens.

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
Qwark said:
Guardians of the galaxy is a better movie to me, with a bit less unbelievable stupid decissions

There are some things I didn't like from The Force Awakens but I can't think right now of any "stupid decisions" made by the characters in the film.

Speaking of unbelievable stupid decisions..

AbbathTheGrim said:
Qwark said:
Guardians of the galaxy is a better movie to me, with a bit less unbelievable stupid decissions

There are some things I didn't like from The Force Awakens but I can't think right now of any "stupid decisions" made by the characters in the film.

SPOILERS

I meant by Lucasarts in therms of an unbelievable plot, and spoiler alert, although blowing up a stealth plated bunker with lasers, instead of a nuke wasn't all that smart. I also wondered wh the rebels didn't call anyone after the first order blew up a freaking solar system, must have been someone at the republic wanting to join them right. Lastly I wonder why not a single planet of the Republic bothered a freaking planet sized weapon in the first place

As for Lucas Arts Making anoher death star, which also kills a star :p Copied in more than one way the plot of episode 4. And the death of Han Solo and lastly of course the very akward ending (thank god for the music) with Luke. And for god sake if you present an awesome villain keep him awesome, like Vader, if you want a villain with a human side don't present him halve of the movie as a total powerfull badass and convert him to a weak realtively easy to beat whiny punk. He was trained by Luke for god sake, before he slaughtered everyone, so he must be one hell of a swordfighter and force sensitive.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Mordred11 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Qwark said:

Speaking of unbelievable stupid decisions..

SPOILER

Well it's as stupid as blowing up a steel plated bunker with lasers isn't it, but I agree that was the worst party off the entire movie

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

1) Story - Giving GOTG the edge here. More original. But TFA is pretty good too, if a little too unoriginal.
2) Special effects? - TFA
3) Interesting characters? - TFA
4) Better acting? - GOTG
5) Funnier jokes? - GOTG
6) Surprises? - TFA
7) Leaving you with a better feeling of satisfaction after seeing it? - GOTG, I was surprised by this. Hated the Avengers.
8) Which of the two are you looking forward for it's sequel? - TFA

Around the Network

Meh, i don't like GotG at all. Personally, Star Wars VII is a much better movie imho. Great story, great acting, it deserve the hype.
Anyways, they both owned by the same company, so no matter what you choose. Disney still win, lol.
#DisneyAwaits

TFA by a long shot. I really like GOTG I thought it was a fun movie. TFA is amazing. I have seen TFA 4 times now, I have seen GOTG 3 times. So I am pretty sure my opinion on this comparison will not change.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

I feel like this ballot isn't fair because recency bias lol.

I liked Guardians of the Galaxy a lot more, one of the most fun movies I've seen in years and made me fell in love with characters I literally knew nothing about, The Force Awakens made me feel as indifferent to Star Wars as I've always been, didn't do a good job if what was trying to do was to make me a new fan, and I'm assuming that most people are going along with the hype, instead of the ride.

I'm now filled with determination.

No "they were both good" option?

Both movies were good. Competent, well made science fiction action adventures. Both have some plot holes, some leaps in logic, and sacrifice some character for some more action. I wouldn't call either the second coming of sci-fi film making, or timeless classics, but they are both fun, popcorn eating action flicks.

Oddly enough, Guardians did a better job establishing the political landscape, despite that being something Star Wars has typically excelled in.