Guardians of the Galaxy 92 41.44%

I hate this kind of films. 1 0.45%

Sometimes when I am drunk... 2 0.90%

Both sucked... 9 4.05%

I am Groot! 18 8.11%

Total:222
AbbathTheGrim said:
Volterra_90 said:

The main problem for me of GOTG is that I don't find the villain very appealing. He's just an ordinary, conquer-all baddie without too much development. It's an outstanding film on everything else, characters, comedy and acting are fantastic. But that's a Marvel issue. I loved their movies, but I don't like too much any of their villains, except maybe Loki. I'm just talking only about the films, Fisk and Kilgrave on Daredevil and Jessica Jones are outstanding. Can't wait to see the introducion of Thanos, though. 

Just in case, I was referring to TFA when I said the film lost me a little by the end. I have my reserves for GOTG as well though, the way they dispatch the villain with all of them getting together and using their shared power, that scene I didn't like much.

I get what you mean about Marvel villains. Gritty Marvel is indeed an exception. Haven't seen JJ yet, but I plan to soon.

Yeah, it was just a general statement. I wasn't very fond of the ending of GOTG too, but the rest of it was very, very good. 

And, yeah, I recomend you seeing JJ. Marvel series are, I'd say, better than the movies. They have more time to develop characters, and to make more compelling villains. That's also what I like more seeing TV shows as they have plenty of time to develop better. Movies feel rushed to me, but highly entertaining. That's why I don't mind a lot about The Force Awakens not talking about The Republic a lot, because I expect them to talk about it deeper on the rest of the canon material (series, comics, novels...), while introducing characters and general subjects and threats on the movies. 

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:

Which one was the best science fiction fantasy in space film?

Which one do you think had the best:

1) Story?

2) Special effects?

3) Interesting characters?

4) Better acting?

5) Funnier jokes?

6) Surprises?

7) Leaving you with a better feeling of satisfaction after seeing it?

8) Which of the two are you looking forward for it's sequel?

1) Star Wars, but not by much

2) Star Wars, but GoTG have amazing effects as well

3) This is a tie, I love them all

4) Again a tie, both casts delivered amazingly what they ahd to

5) GoTG, altought Star Wars is also pretty funny

6) Star Wars

7) Realy both, I wanted to imediatly rewatch both.

8) Again both

I think theyre very different movies altough both are in space and theyre both excelent in theyre own rights. I voted I am Groot cause theres no tie option and I wanted ot see the results :).

1) Story - Guardians of the Galaxy

2) Special effects - Star Wars: The Force Awakens

3) Interesting characters - Guardians of the Galaxy

4) Better acting - Tie

5) Funnier jokes - Guardians of the Galaxy

6) Surprises - Tie (There was no real suprises in any of them. I mean, STF was supposed to have "surprises" but it didnt do it for me.

7) Leaving you with a better feeling of satisfaction after seeing it - Guardians of the Galaxy

8) Which of the two are you looking forward for it's sequel - Tie

1) Story? - Star Wars
2) Special effects? Star Wars
3) Interesting characters? Star Wars
4) Better acting? Star Wars
5) Funnier jokes? Guardians of the Galaxy
6) Surprises? Star Wars
7) Leaving you with a better feeling of satisfaction after seeing it? Guardians of the Galaxy
8) Which of the two are you looking forward for it's sequel? Star Wars

Star Wars 6 x 2 Guardians of the Galaxy

That's it for me.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

DakonBlackblade said:

I voted I am Groot cause theres no tie option and I wanted ot see the results :).

Well, you can use the "I am Groot!" option for anything you want. :P

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

These 2 are comparable? Expectations reigned in further.

SvennoJ said:

Yeah, I can make you a list of things if you want.

AbbathTheGrim said:
SvennoJ said:

Yeah, I can make you a list of things if you want.

I just never thought those 2 could be compared for story telling / style. But reading other comments about cute characters, non stop action and unlogical ending, maybe it is similar. Guardians of the galaxy was fun, but not a movie I've felt compelled to watch again (while I have it on blu-ray) I prefer slower movies that have a bit more meat in the conversations instead of funny one liners.
Anyway I'll wait for the blu-ray, my hype for going to watch it in the cinema has already gone.

Guardians of the galaxy is a better movie to me, with a bit less unbelievable stupid decissions

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
Guardians of the galaxy is a better movie to me, with a bit less unbelievable stupid decissions

There are some things I didn't like from The Force Awakens but I can't think right now of any "stupid decisions" made by the characters in the film.