By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 94% on Rotten Tomatoes, 81% on MetaCritic

AlfredoTurkey said:
The prequels were considered huge successes when they first came out too. Just some food for thought.

Not true, The Phantom Menace has a 51 on metacritic and a 55% on rottentomatoes.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
The prequels were considered huge successes when they first came out too. Just some food for thought.

Well I liked the prequels, aside from AotC.

Goodnightmoon said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Not true, The Phantom Menace has a 51 on metacritic and a 55% on rottentomatoes.

Exactly. lol

AlfredoTurkey said:

They were far from considered huge successes. Some fans raved about it when it came out, that's true, but that could be a consequence of the hype of seeing another Star Wars movie after all those years. But a lot of fans bashed that movie back then. Reviews were very lackluster. This is a totally different case, as reviewers and fans alike are raving about it, and it's rare to see a lot of negativity (as opossed to TPM) among fandom. I didn't see it yet, but I'm on a lot of film forums and I've only see a lot of praise. 

EDIT: By the way, I've enjoyed Episode III a lot. More than RotJ, so I'm not actually a prequel hater. 

Well son of a bitch. Just saw that spoiler. Oh well...I'm sure it will still be excellent. Waiting until probably next weekend to see it though.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network

I liked this movie a ton! Next to episode 2, it's my favorite. Yeah, I said it... I love episode 2.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Baalzamon said:
Well son of a bitch. Just saw that spoiler. Oh well...I'm sure it will still be excellent. Waiting until probably next weekend to see it though.

You were supposed to read the post I edited above!

StarOcean said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

I thought Revenge of the Sith was the best of the prequels. I agree about Attack of the Clones being the worse though. Still the combination of Jake Lloyd and Jar Jar really hurt the watchability of The Phantom Menace...amount other things. Darth Maul was cool though.

I wont get to see it until next week probably, not a bad thing as I really wasn't looking forward to dealing with the madness that is a midnight/ weekend premier of a Star Wars movie. Did that for all 3 prequels, and what a crap sundae of a movie-going experience it was... and that was just the films!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Darc Requiem said:
StarOcean said:

I thought Revenge of the Sith was the best of the prequels. I agree about Attack of the Clones being the worse though. Still the combination of Jake Lloyd and Jar Jar really hurt the watchability of The Phantom Menace...amount other things. Darth Maul was cool though.

Revenge of the Sith is great. While most really dislike the Phantom Menance, I can't help but notice how much better it looks than AotC. It's so odd how it's aged better. Maybe it was Clone's much 'cleaner' look. But idk, something about the second movie really aged horribly :S