By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 94% on Rotten Tomatoes, 81% on MetaCritic

Boutros said:
JJ Abrams is a genius.

more like plagiarist

Around the Network

Saw it, I thought it good. Not earth shattering but a good foundation for the next two films. It was nice to see a Star Wars film with good dialog. I didn't hate the prequels as much as some others, but the dialog was bad. I think Episode III was the best of the prequels and I prefer it to Episode VI. I'm sorry but the Ewoks really hurt that movie.

Sorry for editing this, this is just a warning to those reading this without watching this movie yet. The user below has a massive spoiler as his username. Don't read further if you haven't seen it/want to go into the movie blind. Just an advance warning. Again, sorry for editing your post, I just felt it necessary to warn others. -StarOcean

I'm an asshole!

Alt removed -StarOcean , Post edited -RavenXtra

^^^Nice spoiler, bro.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Saw it an hour ago. I liked it, but left me with such a bleak sensation when the credits rolled.

There were great moments. The new protagonists are enjoyable and charismatic on their own way. BB-8, despite me thinking beforehand that would be a drag, turned out to be the cutest thing in this whole movie, and I thoroughly enjoyed every single sequence that included it. The villain was dull as fuck, though. Dialogues were written in a very monocromatic way, almost as if sometimes the actors weren't all on stage and they had to speak in one-liners. And the movie loses itself within all those references that tried to incorporate.

Really, this movie could benefit of 30 more minutes of sequences, but everything feels so incredibly coincidental. Story is loosely connected, and borrows too much from episode IV. Too many incongruences, too many plot devices running rampant. No one thought of questioning J.J. at certain points?

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
^^^Nice spoiler, bro.

Yeah, that person has been doing this for a few days now. Just keep posting so users won't read it. 

The movie was awesome. Holy crap... Blew me away.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Posting to help hide that spoiler.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Moonhero said:
Posting to help hide that spoiler.

Thank you! 

The prequels were considered huge successes when they first came out too. Just some food for thought.