By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - week ending Nov 29th 2015

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
3DS still down 31% YoY. PS4 up 32% YoY.

Good, wiiu is also up YoY and Vita is down YoY. I guess that means consoles rule Japan now because who needs hardware #s when we have YoY %s lol

It just means that the handhelds are on a downward trend and consoles are on a upward trend.

also link, were you using famitsu for the digital sales of splatoon? 170k is just a very specific number.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

Good, wiiu is also up YoY and Vita is down YoY. I guess that means consoles rule Japan now because who needs hardware #s when we have YoY %s lol

It just means that the handhelds are on a downward trend and consoles are on a upward trend.

also link, were you using famitsu for the digital sales of splatoon? 170k is just a very specific number.

Yeah because is totally impossible that a 5 years old handheld console starts going down and a new homeconsole starts going up without that being a 100% accurate proof of the handheld downtrend

Nice to see Splatoon and Super Mario Maker back up again..

Amiibo Festival still in the charts, it seems

and good hardware numbers for 3DS (MHX) and Wii U (Splatoon) as well as PS4

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Goodnightmoon said:
outlawauron said:

Yeah because is totally impossible that a 5 years old handheld console starts going down and a new homeconsole starts going up without that being a 100% accurate proof of the handheld downtrend

The entire market is in a giant state of recession. The age of the handhelds is a major factor as to why they're on a downward trend, but it's still true. Consoles are on a upward trend as games are releasing and frankly, they could only go up from their poor sales. I don't understand why you and tbone read so much into every post. >_>

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

167k was from end of Oct from the Nintendo 905k Sold Announcement. Nintendo uses MC and with Retail being 738k, the difference was 167k. 

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Goodnightmoon said:
outlawauron said:

The entire market is in a giant state of recession. The age of the handhelds is a major factor as to why they're on a downward trend, but it's still true. Consoles are on a upward trend as games are releasing and frankly, they could only go up from their poor sales. I don't understand why you and tbone read so much into every post. >_>

I read into Lawlight's Post too much? Its painfully obvious he brought up YoY just to find a way to downplay 3DS surprising HW numbers this week. >.>

Edit: Basically it was a pointless post lol. He chose to post YoY %s during the week 3DS was a huge success

I'm very pleased by those Splatoon and SMM numbers! Very pleased indeed.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Wow great job MHX! I'm so surprised that it actually sold more first week (1.49mil) than MH4G (1.44mil)

Playing Xenoblade 2 before I buy Xenoblade 3 (otherwise I couldn't wait to play 3).

Can they announce a new Fire Emblem? A remake of Genealogy or Tellius would suffice !

Oh, these look like pretty good sales and-

HOLY SHIT 3DS

The power of MonHun continues to shine.