By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - week ending Nov 29th 2015

The 1Tb PS4 releases tomorrow in Japan plus Fallout 4 soon afterwards. after a slow start to this year and lackluster prior year, the PS4 is looking good. 2016's baseline should be higher hopefully Sony sneaks in another price cut.

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
The 1Tb PS4 releases tomorrow in Japan plus Fallout 4 soon afterwards. after a slow start to this year and lackluster prior year, the PS4 is looking good. 2016's baseline should be higher hopefully Sony sneaks in another price cut.

The PS4 had a great start this year, with tons of new (albeit minor) releases. It's only the middle of the year that was paricularly slow.

Wow amazing numbers for the 3DS

Those MHX numbers are incredible.Makes me wonder of what would happen if Nintendo managed to get Monster Hunter 5 as a launch title/Window game for the NX.... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh the possibilities!!!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Bofferbrauer said:
episteme said:

03./08. [WIU] Splatoon # (Nintendo) {2015.05.28} (¥6.156) - 23.823 / 825.940 (+35%)
04./11. [WIU] Super Mario Maker # (Nintendo) {2015.09.10} (¥6.156) - 18.639 / 410.432 (+41%)

December will good thanks to those games. Somewhere between 2013 and 2014.

And Splatoon should be over a million now with digital.

A minute of silence for all those who thought Splatoon would not be able to achieve this lifetime worldwide.

Also if they continue to go up at that pace, they could get top spot around Christmas if Monster Hunter X drops hard

Yes Rest In Peace on those Expectations. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

When was the last time that WiiU had 4 games in the top 20?

Teeqoz said:
ktay95 said:
Because apparently somebody out there didnt already have a 3DS for the past 3 Monster Hunter games, they thought they would wait till now

I'm guessing people were tired of their old 3DSs, and that this was primarily driven by people upgrading to the New 3DS, instead of all new buyers.

This + people rebuying after they've sold their 3DS.

Any MH comparisons? I know it's below MH4, but still interested to see how it compares to last couple of entries. MHX did about as I expected.

HW seems to gotten a nice boost all around. Kinda surprised to see the Wii U boosted as much as it did, but good on it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Sprash said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Lawlight said:
3DS still down 31% YoY. PS4 up 32% YoY.

And 3DS, the five year old console, still +40% above Ps4 this year ;)

and the ps4, will outsell the 3DS and WiiU combined worldwide in the end ;) (phew, enough with those my dick is longer than yours posts^^)

But serious insane numbers for 3DS, let's see what all those heavy franchises like persona and final fantasy games are gonna do for the ps4 in the end, if it can also reach those numbers (would be great).

Uh, of course, no debate there. But this is a japanese sales thread.

+40% :P

Lawlight said:
3DS still down 31% YoY. PS4 up 32% YoY.

Good, wiiu is also up YoY and Vita is down YoY. I guess that means consoles rule Japan now because who needs hardware #s when we have YoY %s lol

episteme said:

03./08. [WIU] Splatoon # (Nintendo) {2015.05.28} (¥6.156) - 23.823 / 825.940 (+35%)
04./11. [WIU] Super Mario Maker # (Nintendo) {2015.09.10} (¥6.156) - 18.639 / 410.432 (+41%)

December will good thanks to those games. Somewhere between 2013 and 2014.

And Splatoon should be over a million now with digital. 

Digital over 170k and 825k retail. 995k minimum sold. 

Shipments must be over 1.1mil now. My guess for the holidays (end of year) is... 

Retail: 985k  Digital: 195k  Total: 1.18mil

Shipped+digital: 1.35mil

F ING insane!