By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - week ending Nov 29th 2015

Nice week for ninty - i like it! Xmas saved in Japan!

Switch!!!

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
The 1Tb PS4 releases tomorrow in Japan plus Fallout 4 soon afterwards. after a slow start to this year and lackluster prior year, the PS4 is looking good. 2016's baseline should be higher hopefully Sony sneaks in another price cut.

Retail releases this week are Bloodborne: complete edition and minecraft ps4. Bloodborne should get a nice bump and minecraft ps4 should have good legs at retail although they'll probably be half of the Vita's.  

The week after its rainbow 6 and then fallout 4 is the big one after that.  those games plus the new model and hype for big 2016 should give ps4 a respectable December and set it up nicely for a great 2016!

Good night! I knew MHX would do well, but that hardware boost at this stage is really impressive.

Augen said:
Good night! I knew MHX would do well, but that hardware boost at this stage is really impressive.

Indeed, a much bigger boost than other similarly high profile releases have provided lately. I guess it's a killer app for upgrading from a regular 3DS to an N3DS for many people to have the dual analogue support etc?

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
Augen said:

Indeed, a much bigger boost than other similarly high profile releases have provided lately. I guess it's a killer app for upgrading from a regular 3DS to an N3DS for many people to have the dual analogue support etc?

Well there is always circle pad pro. For $20 you get better dual analogs than the stub on the new 3DS. 

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
MikeRox said:

Well there is always circle pad pro. For $20 you get better dual analogs than the stub on the new 3DS. 

Does MHX have some N3DS "enhancements" to though? I'm more thinking how it spiked hardware so much.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Dengeki edited into 2nd post.  And here's Media Create back 30:

twenty one 3DS The Legend of Zelda Triforce 3 Musketeers Nintendo
twenty two 3DS You start corner Gurashi Omise Nippon Columbia Co., Ltd.
twenty three PS4 Sophie of Atelier mysterious book of Alchemist ~ 
(including Limited Edition)
Koei Tecmo Games
twenty four Vita Kisuato (including Limited Edition) Teijiieru
twenty five PS4 God Eater off shot <Amemiya gentian Hen> 
Twin Pack & animation Vol.2
Namco Bandai Entertainment
26 3DS Pokemon Mystery Dungeon ultra Pokémon
27 3DS Professional baseball Famisuta Returns Namco Bandai Entertainment
28 PS4 Sword Art Online 
Game Director Editions
Namco Bandai Entertainment
29 PS3 Call of Duty Black Ops III SCE
Thirty 3DS PROJECT X ZONE 2: BRAVE NEW WORLD (including Limited Edition) Namco Bandai Entertainment
31 PS4 Assassin's Creed syndicate Ubisoft
32 Vita Net high Marvelous
33 Vita Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires Koei Tecmo Games
34 Vita Day-to-day - of manners ~ Hidamari of the more likely maiden a month dramatic create
35 3DS Rhythm Tengoku The Best + Nintendo
36 3DS The Animal Crossing: New Leaf (including Bundle) Nintendo
37 3DS Shape new discovery! Picross 3D 2 Nintendo
38 3DS PriPara Aim! Idol ☆ Grand Prix NO.1! Tomy Arts
39 Vita God Eater Resurrection Namco Bandai Entertainment
Forty PS4 Need for Speed Electronic Arts
41 3DS Monster Hunter Diary: Poka Poka Airou Village DX Capcom
42 Vita Ing rankings dam Spike Chunsoft
43 3DS Creative Alice and Prince! Happinet
44 3DS Pokemon Omega Ruby / Sapphire alpha Pokémon
45 PS4 Grand Theft Auto V (yen 4,990 edition) Take-Two Interactive Japan
46 PS3 World Soccer Winning Eleven 2016 KONAMI
47 PS3 Sophie of Atelier mysterious book of Alchemist ~ 
(including Limited Edition)
Koei Tecmo Games
48 Vita Girlfriend (provisional) Kimi and spend summer vacation (including Limited Edition) Namco Bandai Entertainment
49 3DS Mario Kart 7 Nintendo
Fifty 3DS Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS Nintendo

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
3DS still down 31% YoY. PS4 up 32% YoY.

Good, wiiu is also up YoY and Vita is down YoY. I guess that means consoles rule Japan now because who needs hardware #s when we have YoY %s lol

Oh! Didn't know the Vita was down =( 

Pocky Lover Boy!