By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Xenoblade X has an 84 on metacritix because there is too much to do and the world is too big?

DonFerrari said:
shenlong213 said:

I don't know any book reviewer read 50 pages of the book and say " This book is boring so I gave it a F cause it was boring at the opening ". Err, how about the rest of the book ?

"Don't do anything halfway" , but game reviewer is a diffirence story. They could play it halfway and told us they are not like it. Anyway, it's just different opinions from diffirent persons, why take it so serious if you're enjoying the game ?

So if a reviewer read a book and said it's ubber garbage on the first 500 pages but them on the last 10 it becomes incredibly interesting would you read it?

You are just desperate now lol.This is a complete different scenario.50 of 2000 pages is like 2,5 % of the book, which is unacceptable.But what are you suggesting now is that the guy pratically read the book.Please, stop trying too hard and just accept that you lost the argument.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

I want a reason to play my Wii U. I have a limited edition copy in my hand. What do?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Zekkyou said:
Mummelmann said:
FFXIII got an 83 on the PS3, biased reviewers are the worst.

You're not alone, I liked it, even if it's not a popular opinion. I enjoyed the combat system a lot and the sub-quests, even if the story is a little rubbish and the characters were meh (except maybe Sazh). But XCX is vastly superior. As I said in another post, the previous gen reviewers were harsher, so that explains the little difference in the score imo.

Volterra_90 said:
Zekkyou said:

You're not alone, I liked it, even if it's not a popular opinion. I enjoyed the combat system a lot and the sub-quests, even if the story is a little rubbish and the characters were meh (except maybe Sazh). But XCX is vastly superior. As I said in another post, the previous gen reviewers were harsher, so that explains the little difference in the score imo.

I liked it as well for what it is. Which is a good game but not a good Final Fantasy.

I can't wait to get this soon and then be able to play after work, I need this now!

Around the Network

Xenoblade Chronicles X has a 9.4 average user score with 78 ratings right now.

That's a lot of 10s.

DevilRising said:
Faust said:
Or maybe just MAYBE, the game isnt god?

Very probable.

However, neither are Bethesda games, which have MUCH less polish, are glitchy as fuck, and have just as throwaway side missions.

Xenoblade was widely regarded as one of the best RPGs of last gen. This game is said to be an improvement over it in every respect. So it's hard to imagine it not being really good.

But the truth is, they'll give ridiculously high scores to good-but-not-great-and-unpolished-as-hell games like Skyrim, but a lower score to something that the developer actually did take a lot of time to polish.

Xenoblade isn't really my type of game, personally. But still.

But this isn't true at all. Every bit of info shows that XCX isn't as good as the first...

It's not a bad game at all, just not phenominal. That's ok though.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Jumpin said:
Nintendo is certainly held to different standards. A lot of it is that reviewers don't want to make games on Nintendo consoles sound great unless they absolutely have to; like with your Ocarina of Times and Mario Galaxies.
But one example is how Nintendo sequels are always expected to be vastly different from predecessors, but a Call of Duty sequel or any other yearly franchise will never be subject to that kind of scrutiny.

Is this real life or are you choosing to ignore the critical response to Call of Duty? COD Ghosts got a 68 and 69 (on PC and Wii U respectively). This line of thought that Nintendo is the only developer held to a higher standard is outrageous and not founded in reality.

Especially considering how such well reviewed so many Wii U games have been this generation.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Xenoblade Chronicles X has a 9.4 average user score with 78 ratings right now.

That's a lot of 10s.

That's a lof of people rating it high without having played or completed the game. ^_-

outlawauron said:
DevilRising said:

Very probable.

However, neither are Bethesda games, which have MUCH less polish, are glitchy as fuck, and have just as throwaway side missions.

Xenoblade was widely regarded as one of the best RPGs of last gen. This game is said to be an improvement over it in every respect. So it's hard to imagine it not being really good.

But the truth is, they'll give ridiculously high scores to good-but-not-great-and-unpolished-as-hell games like Skyrim, but a lower score to something that the developer actually did take a lot of time to polish.

Xenoblade isn't really my type of game, personally. But still.

But this isn't true at all. Every bit of info shows that XCX isn't as good as the first...

It's not a bad game at all, just not phenominal. That's ok though.

I don't know, I love Xenoblade and after 20 hours in this game, I think XCX is better. There's still a lot to play, so I'm catious, but It solves some annoyances that the previous game have, and, well, keep some of them (fucking fetch quests). Overall, it's an improvement. It's more combat-based than Xenoblade, but that's up to the people if they prefer a more story-based game.