By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Xenoblade X has an 84 on metacritix because there is too much to do and the world is too big?

Or maybe while everything is good in the game, it's not great?

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Or maybe while everything is good in the game, it's not great?

Something tells me that's probably not it since from what I've seen from more neutral sources, it's very, very solid. The only major complaints I've seen are nitpicks and admitted as such. For once I'd say a Nintendo game is under-scored so far, considering this is the sequel to the game that pretty much saved the classic-style JRPG. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Well, it is like 5X bigger than what, Skyrim? And Skyrim already had quite a lot to do. Not saying I agree or disagree with the reviews but the game is pretty big. It's something that has to be carefully taken into consideration as the Open World genre grows.

To be fair, from what I gather, the shortfalls of XCX are:
- Weak/Unimportant Story
- Soundtrack that doesn't seem to fit the game
- Shallow side quests

Those are all very good reasons to rate a game closer to 8 than 10, especially an RPG where all three of those aspects play a very important role in the overall experience. What I'm really tired of is people bitching over numbers. Just read the reviews. If you disagree, fine, whatever, but god damn it, don't just read a number and two lines of the conclusion and say "THIS REVIEWER IS SO BIASED AND HORRIBLE I NEED TO GO MAKE A BLANKET STATEMENT ABOUT THE BIAS OF GAMING MEDIA!"

It´s just a score, at the end of the day it doesn´t matter, and to be fair most of the reviewers make valid arguments about what they don´t like about the game.

Around the Network

Yeah, its been a long time since i saw a game be so poorly reviewed.There is a few fair complains about it, but most of the reviewers that gave a lower score thanohters have idiotic reasons for lowering the scores.Some goes as far to say the battle system is completely automated(!!!!!!!!) and other said that killing even the weakest enemy takes too long, but thats obviosly either a lie or the reviewers played this game with his eyes close, since killing weak enemies is as fast as any normal game.Yeah, Im really pissed about the reviews in general.And reading throught them i can notice that this game should esily have gotten around 90 on metacritic

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

LuckyTrouble said:
To be fair, from what I gather, the shortfalls of XCX are:
- Weak/Unimportant Story
- Soundtrack that doesn't seem to fit the game
- Shallow side quests

Those are all very good reasons to rate a game closer to 8 than 10, especially an RPG where all three of those aspects play a very important role in the overall experience. What I'm really tired of is people bitching over numbers. Just read the reviews. If you disagree, fine, whatever, but god damn it, don't just read a number and two lines of the conclusion and say "THIS REVIEWER IS SO BIASED AND HORRIBLE I NEED TO GO MAKE A BLANKET STATEMENT ABOUT THE BIAS OF GAMING MEDIA!"

Usually I would agree with you, but not in this case.There was a reviewer that complained about the battle system being completely automated, and another that killing weak enemies takes too long, which are all wrong.There were even some that complained that it was too big.Ifit didnt have things to do, it would be a legitimate complain, but we know thats not true.

And the shortfalls that you listed, while they are legitimate since its a matter of opinion, is divisive.There are alot of reviewers that said the music was incredible, that the game had a good story, while others said the oposite.(About the side quests, people did agree that the side quests, that werent affinity missions or normal missions, were really shallow.But I dont think thats really a bad thing, since they would incentive the player to explore more the world and help them lvl up and get stronger without feeling much like grind, but I digress)

All in all, reading alot of reviews, I feel like the ones that gave it a  "bad" score didnt put that many hours into the game and seemed to rush the playthrough to get the review ready, and XCX is a game that demands patience and time, otherwise your experience with the game will be prejudiced.Thats my view on it.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Yes everyone hates Nintendo and pro and cons of a game are always linear and have the same weight. Fucking reviewers can't even do math!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Or maybe just MAYBE, the game isnt god?

A lot of reviews seem to say that the story isn't that great.

It's probobably just things outside the core game that hamper the experience a little, but at the end of the day, it's a review score.

I don't doubt that I am gonna sink in a lot of hours into X.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."