By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Xenoblade X has an 84 on metacritix because there is too much to do and the world is too big?

Volterra_90 said:
outlawauron said:

But this isn't true at all. Every bit of info shows that XCX isn't as good as the first...

It's not a bad game at all, just not phenominal. That's ok though.

I don't know, I love Xenoblade and after 20 hours in this game, I think XCX is better. There's still a lot to play, so I'm catious, but It solves some annoyances that the previous game have, and, well, keep some of them (fucking fetch quests). Overall, it's an improvement. It's more combat-based than Xenoblade, but that's up to the people if they prefer a more story-based game. 

I... can't... stand... the menu selection sound.

With how often you hear it, why didn't they choose a fainter, softer sound?

I'll get used to it, I guess. But it's really annoying so far. :(

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Xenoblade Chronicles X has a 9.4 average user score with 78 ratings right now.

That's a lot of 10s.

That's a lof of people rating it high without having played or completed the game. ^_-

The same thing can be said about people rating it 0.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
Hynad said:

That's a lof of people rating it high without having played or completed the game. ^_-

The same thing can be said about people rating it 0.

The point is that, in this thread, people complained that reviewers didn't 100% the game before publishing their reviews, yet you bring up those high user scores on the very day the game released... -__-

Or as many people pointed out with the Japanese release, it's not as good as the first was...

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Xenoblade Chronicles X has a 9.4 average user score with 78 ratings right now.

That's a lot of 10s.

User score?

Around the Network

since when is 84 a bad score? o_O;

After 6 hours with the game my first impressions are that it is a good game but not nearly as good as the original Xenoblade.

Xenoblade Chronicles got me addicted in less than 30 minutes. Xenoblade X did not after 6 hours and likely will never be able to achieve that. The story gets completely lost between all those tasks and quests and if you watched the trailers and survival guides, you already feel like you know the whole game, there have been too many major spoilers.

Best feature so far is the hover cam, worst are the target controls. Pressing L+A/Y instead of using the dpad is really inconvenient. Just started story quest 3 and the unimportant things to do outweigh the important things by far.

etking said:

After 6 hours with the game my first impressions are that it is a good game but not nearly as good as the original Xenoblade.

Xenoblade Chronicles got me addicted in less than 30 minutes. Xenoblade X did not after 6 hours and likely will never be able to achieve that. The story gets completely lost between all those tasks and quests and if you watched the trailers and survival guides, you already feel like you know the whole game, there have been too many major spoilers.

Best feature so far is the hover cam, worst are the target controls. Pressing L+A/Y instead of using the dpad is really inconvenient. Just started story quest 3 and the unimportant things to do outweigh the important things by far.

Feels more like FF12 for me somewhat at this point, just less boring. Feels like it's more about the world and what's around you rather than main character plot, very much a single player game that feels like an MMORPG even more so than the first Xenoblade and a lot like FF12.

etking said:

How is it compare to another JRPG, especially good JRPG but its prequel in your opinion ?

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213
Panama said:
Or as many people pointed out with the Japanese release, it's not as good as the first was...

That's right, it's way better.