By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - At this rate, Zelda X will arrive in 2021

archer9234 said:

Can you really say it's 5 years. When a Zelda game does come out on the handheld. New Zelda's coming out fairly often.

Different teams.

Wyrdness said:
Pavolink said:

Okami?

And each genre has different barriers, not only Zelda games. Those games may be more difficult to develop than a Zelda game.

On top of that, OoT was the first 3D Zelda game. Is this one 4D? 5D? or something never done before? Ah, no. It's just HD, like all those thousands of games been released since last gen.

Okami is a good Zelda clone but weak Zelda game, the bosses and dungeons are nowhere near the level of any Zelda game as is the enemy design, the mechanic is good as is the visual approach but the are a number of things it lacks if it where part of the series.

Just HD? Were you asleep for the last gen? One of the reasons last gen lasted so long is that it took developers ages to grasp HD development, even this gen it takes time for HD game, not to mention the team don't only just work on one game.

Okami is a good Zelda game. It had better design than Twilight Princess. Unfortunately, they ruined with the amount of giberish and the final boss. And yes, just HD. Iwata promised that they were ready for HD development since 2011. No excuses for taking so long. If they were really not ready, he should have not promised that. As consumers we demand what we were promised.

On top of that, as I mentioned, if making a big Zelda game like the one it is supposed to come next year is going to take so long, the best it's to make the correct decisions to have a good development process. Not just sink for an eternity.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
archer9234 said:

Can you really say it's 5 years. When a Zelda game does come out on the handheld. New Zelda's coming out fairly often.

Different teams.

Wyrdness said:
Pavolink said:

Okami?

And each genre has different barriers, not only Zelda games. Those games may be more difficult to develop than a Zelda game.

On top of that, OoT was the first 3D Zelda game. Is this one 4D? 5D? or something never done before? Ah, no. It's just HD, like all those thousands of games been released since last gen.

Okami is a good Zelda clone but weak Zelda game, the bosses and dungeons are nowhere near the level of any Zelda game as is the enemy design, the mechanic is good as is the visual approach but the are a number of things it lacks if it where part of the series.

Just HD? Were you asleep for the last gen? One of the reasons last gen lasted so long is that it took developers ages to grasp HD development, even this gen it takes time for HD game, not to mention the team don't only just work on one game.

Okami is a good Zelda game. It had better design than Twilight Princess. Unfortunately, they ruined with the amount of giberish and the final boss. And yes, just HD. Iwata promised that they were ready for HD development since 2011. No excuses for taking so long. If they were really not ready, he should have not promised that. As consumers we demand what we were promised.

On top of that, as I mentioned, if making a big Zelda game like the one it is supposed to come next year is going to take so long, the best it's to make the correct decisions to have a good development process. Not just sink for an eternity.

Different teams. Who cares, lol. You're still getting a Zelda game somewhere.

Pavolink said:
archer9234 said:

Different teams.

Lol no, Okami was a charming game but it's design was not even close to any Zelda game, just comparing the bosses, enemies, dungeons, puzzles etc... highlight this, people give it praise because it's a good Zelda clone but if it was released by the Zelda team it would be treated far more harshly.

What were you promised exactly? Just a Zelda game only real issue was the delay, even developers who have more experience in HD aren't releasing games that fast as people demand hardware to be pushed while doing it, Iwata saying they're ready for HD is not making you any promise. Zelda as far as any of us is concerned has a good development process that's why the series has been consistent for 30 years if you have a better idea on every element of design post it now.

archer9234 said:

Different teams. Who cares, lol. You're still getting a Zelda game somewhere.

Different teams, different Zelda games. I wouldn't compare The Wind Waker to Minish Cap. On top of that, if I don't have a handheld then I don't have a Zelda game. So no.

Wyrdness said:

Lol no, Okami was a charming game but it's design was not even close to any Zelda game, just comparing the bosses, enemies, dungeons, puzzles etc... highlight this, people give it praise because it's a good Zelda clone but if it was released by the Zelda team it would be treated far more harshly.

What were you promised exactly? Just a Zelda game only real issue was the delay, even developers who have more experience in HD aren't releasing games that fast as people demand hardware to be pushed while doing it, Iwata saying they're ready for HD is not making you any promise. Zelda as far as any of us is concerned has a good development process that's why the series has been consistent for 30 years if you have a better idea on every element of design post it now.

A good development process? No. Do you know about the problems in the development of Twilight Princess? Do you have any idea why Skyward Sword was developed in 5 years? Do you know how Majora's Mask started? Are you aware of the content cut in The Wind Waker? The moment you know those reasons is the moment you'll understand why they are not having a good development process.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Wyrdness said:

And how many of those games are like Zelda in design and approach?

OOT was in development since the SNES.

There is nothing uniquely complex or demanding about Zelda's design and approach.

"Mechanics" like hookshots, bows, sails, horses, dungeons, large bosses, etc have been done since the N64.

Yes, it's HD. Yes, it's open world. So was Oblivion in 2006, and that didn't take 5 years to make.

Around the Network

I think too, that it is the polish that makes the Zelda. While a fairly good Zelda every 2 or 3 years is probably possible, that's not at all what i would want.

Pavolink said:

Different teams, different Zelda games. I wouldn't compare The Wind Waker to Minish Cap. On top of that, if I don't have a handheld then I don't have a Zelda game. So no.

Majora's Mask started? Are you aware of the content cut in The Wind Waker? The moment you know those reasons is the moment you'll understand why they are not having a good development process.

Pretty normal things that happen in development it's like complaining about someone's driving because they run into traffic, again you haven't posted anything in regards to how development can be better you're just moaning and claiming that it can be done in 3 years perfectly.

curl-6 said:

There is nothing uniquely complex or demanding about Zelda's design and approach.

"Mechanics" like hookshots, bows, sails, horses, dungeons, large bosses, etc have been done since the N64.

Yes, it's HD. Yes, it's open world. So was Oblivion in 2006, and that didn't take 5 years to make.

Oblivion came out almost 5 years after Morrowind and used the exact same engine I don't think Zelda U is using SS engine, such a funny comparison especially ES games are more simple in mechanical design with enemies, areas and bosses not having a design concept behind them, what area in Oblivion or any ES game has the type of design approach as the dungeons in any Zelda game. Look at the Sand Sea dungeon for example, the use of mechanics and concepts, the design and approach has been utilized since OOT except the games after OOT don't use its concepts and exact design those change with each game.

You seem to have a hard time understanding the development here, it's not only the fact it's open world it's an open world approach designed around the Zelda template, at the moment I'm trying to think of any open world game that has such a design. It's very demanding and complex for the level of quality they need to aim for.

Wyrdness said:
curl-6 said:

Oblivion came out almost 5 years after Morrowind and used the exact same engine I don't think Zelda U is using SS engine, such a funny comparison especially ES games are more simple in mechanical design with enemies, areas and bosses not having a design concept behind them, what area in Oblivion or any ES game has the type of design approach as the dungeons in any Zelda game. Look at the Sand Sea dungeon for example, the use of mechanics and concepts, the design and approach has been utilized since OOT except the games after OOT don't use its concepts and exact design those change with each game.

You seem to have a hard time understanding the development here, it's not only the fact it's open world it's an open world approach designed around the Zelda template, at the moment I'm trying to think of any open world game that has such a design. It's very demanding and complex for the level of quality they need to aim for.

Dungeon designs in Skyward Sword were clever, but they were not signficantly more complex than those of Ocarina of Time back on N64. This kind of game design dates back to the mid 1990s and is not remotely demanding in the 21st century.

curl-6 said:

Dungeon designs in Skyward Sword were clever, but they were not signficantly more complex than those of Ocarina of Time back on N64. This kind of game design dates back to the mid 1990s and is not remotely demanding in the 21st century.

Complete rubbish, not only was the design better then OOTs such design is heavily demanding hence why you don't see it in many games at all even Zelda clones.