By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - At this rate, Zelda X will arrive in 2021

Wyrdness said:
curl-6 said:

You continue missing the point about Rare; that back then games took nowhere near as much resources and manpower as today. Making a N64 game in two years (Majora) is a piece of piss compared to making a PS3/360/Wii U game in two years. (Darksiders II)

Can you back up your claims about Skyward Sword not using Wind Waker/Twilight Princess's engine with anything besides your say-so?

Different eras 90s didn't have many conveniences developers had today a lot of things were done manually so it balances out, a lot of resources today are also spent on pointless crap like bringing in high paid actors or practices that aren't needed, Darksiders 2 like MM reused assets and the engine while a game like TP used WW's engine but couldn't use the same assets as it's a different concept and approach while D2 they didn't have that issue. When you reuse things rather then building them from scratch it cuts a lot of time, your whole point is D2 did it so 3 years should be the limit well guess what D2 had a lot of things already made before it was even in development.

I'll ask you to do the same for every part of your argument as most of it is your own word, from people who hacked the game it's more closer to Brawl's engine in fact the main bulk of the engine is Brawl's engine heavily modfied and retooled which would make sense as Brawl released as SS' development was ramping up, TP and WW's base code was present or at least code that was based on it, the engine itself seemed to take elements from various in house engines they had including WSR, I'll dig up the link when I can and PM you as due to the nature of the forums it can't be posted here.

See, I actually agree with you that modern AAA development is often wasteful, but resources spent on "pointless crap" are still resources expended.

In the end, modern blockbuster games still require more manpower and resources than blockbuster games from the 5th gen did. To that end, the originally planned 4 year cycle for Zelda U would have been understandable. But 5 is just too long.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Pavolink said:

Different teams, different Zelda games. I wouldn't compare The Wind Waker to Minish Cap. On top of that, if I don't have a handheld then I don't have a Zelda game. So no.

Majora's Mask started? Are you aware of the content cut in The Wind Waker? The moment you know those reasons is the moment you'll understand why they are not having a good development process.

Pretty normal things that happen in development it's like complaining about someone's driving because they run into traffic, again you haven't posted anything in regards to how development can be better you're just moaning and claiming that it can be done in 3 years perfectly.

Lol no. You don't know about the delays right? None of those are "normal" things that happens.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:

Lol no. You don't know about the delays right? None of those are "normal" things that happens.

They are normal in development games get content cut all the time for many reasons so keep telling yourself that.

Wyrdness said:
Pavolink said:

They are normal in development games get content cut all the time for many reasons so keep telling yourself that.

Lol, no. You don't cut 2-3 dungeons of your game when it represents 20% of the entire package.

Tell me, do you know the reason for the Skyward Sword delay?

Pavolink said:

Lol, no. You don't cut 2-3 dungeons of your game when it represents 20% of the entire package.

SS was delayed because of the implementing of WMP and getting it to work with the design concepts and for your information cutting content is common in the industry no matter how much you tell yourself it isn't Zelda isn't the only game to go through that.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Pavolink said:

SS was delayed because of the implementing of WMP and getting it to work with the design concepts and for your information cutting content is common in the industry no matter how much you tell yourself it isn't Zelda isn't the only game to go through that.

Then the SS delay is nothing normal. On top of that, what content was cut from Majora's Mask? Or Skyward Sword? Or Twilight Princess? Ah, no right, those games had no content cut. Only The Wind Waker...

Pavolink said:

Then the SS delay is nothing normal. On top of that, what content was cut from Majora's Mask? Or Skyward Sword? Or Twilight Princess? Ah, no right, those games had no content cut. Only The Wind Waker...

TP had enemies and bosses cut some of which are still in the game's code, delays are normal occurrances.