By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - At this rate, Zelda X will arrive in 2021

Miyamotoo said:

Yes, delayed game doesnt mean that will be good eventually, but almost certain that will be better after extra time for developing and polishing.

I dont think Zelda U will be bad in any sense, after delayed I certain that will even better game than it would be this year.

Delaying a game doesn't necessarily mean it will improve either. Take Duke Nukem for example. One of its primary issues was that it awkwardly straddled three different generations' worth of design philosophy. It likely would have been better if they'd just knuckled down and finished it as a PS1 or PS2 game.

When a production cycle is too drawn out, it can lose focus. The original vision can get buried among all the new ideas.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Yes, delayed game doesnt mean that will be good eventually, but almost certain that will be better after extra time for developing and polishing.

I dont think Zelda U will be bad in any sense, after delayed I certain that will even better game than it would be this year.

Delaying a game doesn't necessarily mean it will improve either. Take Duke Nukem for example. One of its primary issues was that it awkwardly straddled three different generations' worth of design philosophy. It likely would have been better if they'd just knuckled down and finished it as a PS1 or PS2 game.

When a production cycle is too drawn out, it can lose focus. The original vision can get buried among all the new ideas.

You are probably first person who is expecting that game will be worse after delay than before delay. That's very very negative thinking.

I do think Star Fox Zero will be better game after was delayed and I do think Zelda U will better game after delay for whole year, it so simple.

It is true that Zelda X may come out by 2021. The big budget should be there, and quality and being a massive world are needed. Something like how Final Fantasy struggled to release a main FF game every 3 years. So a 5-6 year gap would be fine. 1 Zelda per console generation?
I hope the trend on having a new console would have a longer life span (around 8 years).

Miyamotoo said:

You are probably first person who is expecting that game will be worse after delay than before delay. That's very very negative thinking.

I do think Star Fox Zero will be better game after was delayed and I do think Zelda U will better game after delay for whole year, it so simple.

I'm not saying it will necessarily be worse, just that it won't necessarily be better.

It's not as simple as more time = better game.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

I'm not saying it will necessarily be worse, just that it won't necessarily be better.

It's not as simple as more time = better game.

Nothing is certain but clear fact, in most cases games are better after delay than they would be without delay. So natural that I am expecting better Zelda U game after delay for whole year.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Finding new art styles does not justify 5 years, nor does motion controls, nor does it being their first HD title. Killzone 3 to Killzone Shadowfall came up with a new art style, took 2 years. Oblivion was Bethesda's first HD game, and open world to boot, and took 4 years.

And no, finding new styles of cartoon graphics is NOT harder than making complex, cutting edge realistic graphics.

The Zelda team are simply inefficient.

You do realize that Killzone is just another shooter? It doesnt take much to design the gameplay, quests, level design and combat.Zelda is delayed because its crossgen now, they didnt excepted it

Ruler said:

You do realize that Killzone is just another shooter? It doesnt take much to design the gameplay, quests, level design and combat.Zelda is delayed because its crossgen now, they didnt excepted it

That cuts both ways; Zelda is just an adventure game, it doesn't take much to design the AI, the physics, the online, etc.

curl-6 said:
Ruler said:

That cuts both ways; Zelda is just an adventure game, it doesn't take much to design the AI, the physics, the online, etc.

Yeah but zelda will be 50h long ego shooters are 5h. And shooters have only human like enmies while zelda needs a lot of different animation for various monster types or the horse.

Ruler said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah but zelda will be 50h long ego shooters are 5h. And shooters have only human like enmies while zelda needs a lot of different animation for various monster types or the horse.

Game length does not necessarily correlate to how much work is takes to make, since you can extend a game's length with recycled material, backtracking, etc.

And Zelda's animation has always been rather simple. Well designed, but simple.

How is the Zelda team not innefficient? If you are going to do an HD open world with a new artstyle the first decision that an efficient person would have done is to choose between one of those 2 elements if combining both is going to make the development process long and expensive.

Nothing justifies 5 years development cycles, just like Skyward Sword proved us with its reason for the delay.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile