By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the xbone going to fall off a cliff?

Will sales fall off a clif in the coming years?

Yes 391 49.56%

No 264 33.46%

Potato 134 16.98%

Total:789
zorg1000 said:

I know they aren't the same, I never claimed or insinuated they were.

My whole argument has stayed consistent the entire time, in terms of market share I don't believe Xbox One will be that much higher than Nintendo 64 in Europe.

"It's (X1) really not that significantly more relevant in Europe compared to N64 though. Xbox One might have like 20% market share in Europe when all is said and done compared to about 15% for Nintendo 64, not really as significant as u make it out to be,

That quote is you saying market share percentages determines their relevance.

I'm saying userbase determines relevance in a region, not the X1 marketshare between US and Europe.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
zorg1000 said:

I know they aren't the same, I never claimed or insinuated they were.

My whole argument has stayed consistent the entire time, in terms of market share I don't believe Xbox One will be that much higher than Nintendo 64 in Europe.

"It's (X1) really not that significantly more relevant in Europe compared to N64 though. Xbox One might have like 20% market share in Europe when all is said and done compared to about 15% for Nintendo 64, not really as significant as u make it out to be,

That quote is you saying market share percentages determines their relevance.

I'm saying userbase determines relevance in a region, not the X1 marketshare between US and Europe.

Why do u keep bringing up marketshare between US & Europe? None of my posts have mentioned US at all, I'm strictly talking about marketshare in Europe.

I don't understand what is confusing u so much, the original claim was that PS4 vs XB1 is shaping up to be like PS1 vs N64 (competitive but clear winner in America and complete domination in Europe/Japan/others) then u went on to say it's not similar because u think XB1 will sell better than N64 in Europe and I countered by saying in terms of marketshare in Europe XB1 likely won't do significantly better than N64 making the PS4/XB1 & PS1/N64 comparison accurate.

Do u think XB1 will become competitive against PS4 in Europe? (Note that PS4 has already sold close to 3x as much as XB1 in Europe).

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Snoopy said:

How about list the new AAA games instead of f2p games, indie games, niche japanese games and remaster games. The biggest point of owning a new next gen system is new AAA experiences not old ports of games. Indie games and f2p games is nice and all and xbox one has a lot of them coming up too, but if we buy consoles for indie games, f2p games and old ports, you should buy an Apple TV because Apple TV will get a huge amount of indie games and f2p games. Probably end up with more of them then the xbox one and PS4 combined. I am excited for uncharted 4, GT sport (if it releases next year and a good game) and I will give you ratchet and clank because they will actually remake the game and it will play and look differently (maybe not entirely). I don't like sf5 because Im not into fighting games, but that is a AAA game. However, a lot of those Japanese anime games aren't AAA because it only appeals to a niche group of people and the budget , production value, gameplay, ect...  is low compare to a AAA game. Games like Horizion and TLG will more than likely be delayed. No fanboy stuff, just being real. 

Can you not read? What did I say? If you can't answer my questions don't bother replying. 

It's so cute you think you aren't a fanboy, just by the fact that you watch CrapGamer and post their videos on here is enough.

And the fact that you can't answer the questions I said is enough proof that you're being a troll since you don't explain the things you say. You must be mad about something considering how you downplay everything I said, LOL, indie games, old ports, go buy Apple TV? LOL, this is definitely the funniest post I've seen on VGC yet. I think your mad by the fact that the list is real and PS4 has so many games coming compared to XBO and the big games like Uncharted and Gran Turismo are yet to hit, boy the PS4 is going to dominate 2016. 

Don't bother replying because I won't read what you have to say since you didn't answer any of my questions.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

zorg1000 said:

Why do u keep bringing up marketshare between US & Europe? None of my posts have mentioned US at all, I'm strictly talking about marketshare in Europe.

I don't understand what is confusing u so much, the original claim was that PS4 vs XB1 is shaping up to be like PS1 vs N64 (competitive but clear winner in America and complete domination in Europe/Japan/others) then u went on to say it's not similar because u think XB1 will sell better than N64 in Europe and I countered by saying in terms of marketshare in Europe XB1 likely won't do significantly better than N64 making the PS4/XB1 & PS1/N64 comparison accurate.

Do u think XB1 will become competitive against PS4 in Europe? (Note that PS4 has already sold close to 3x as much as XB1 in Europe).

And again, userbase matters more than marketshare. For example, support doesn't happen because of marketshare. That has more to do with userbase size and the types of games enjoyed by an audience.

I'm not saying X1 will get ahead of PS4 by being competitive. I'm saying the X1's sales potential goes up if MS is competitive with PS4. Hence, if MS has desireable exclusives, great bundles, and low pricing they can take sales that might have gone to PS4. The more competitive MS is, the more consoles they will sell in Europe. But I can't predict how competitive MS will be this gen.

You wanna know why Vita sales are so abysmal? Its because Sony isn't competing. They are doing the opposite of being competitive.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

AsGryffynn said:
KungKras said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

Ummm Oh.... kay, Einstein.

Have you read the thread title? Maybe it was rudely titled but the OP content is not insane and reaching. Xbox has a problem with ROTW outside USA and UK sales. I guess we can talk about the discussion rather than attacking the posters, right?

Of course I read the thread title. It's not rudely titled, it's absurdly titled. And the OP nor discussion inside don't do anything to justify the title. But getting past the title, it's a discussion that just doesn't hold logic. Nothing wrong with agreeing with another poster that it's a flawed discussion. Also, please whine about me attacking posters after I have actually done it... Einstein. Thanks.

Because looking to past sales patterns to try and understand future ones isn't logic at all. Sorry. I forgot that.

It's logic, but not at all trustworthy... past sales don't always set a precedent...

Not always but often. I'm not saying we should only look to past sales for predictions, then we would have predicted things like the playstation wrong. I'm just saying that when looking at similar patterns in the past, we get some powerful tools for predicting the future. Lots of people got the sales of new super mario bros wii wrong because they refused to look at the past sales of the series and just went "2D game in 2009 bomba, derp", and look at what happened.

Multiplat development is a lot different this gen, so the consoles will have more parity, which will lessen the effects of being behind sales wise. But by how much?

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

The Xbox has sold enough to continue selling to friends and casuals, but in terms of games and content, Xbox can only survive on hype now. The handful of exclusives it receives over its life will be hyped to hell. In the next few months expecto an onslaught of article explaining why you should be worried about Sony's exclusives. And there are a lot of them so get ready...

But in all seriousness, it's gonna be VR that makes Xbox fade. Should it really be successful and take off, Microsoft will be caught with their pants down. What are they gonna do in that scenario?

I see what you mean. The PS4 will only strengthen Sony and other Developers bond. Especially when everything translates into sales.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Torillian said:
AsGryffynn said:
Soundwave said:
Rafie said:

NO!!! I hope they don't leave. I like Xbox and I like what they do different than both Sony and Nintendo. They do a great job and I honestly don't see them leaving anytime soon.

Beyond Halo, which is lets face it a declining franchise, what do they offer that's really *that* different from Sony. 

I give them credit they do do a good job, but I think look they've tried this chasing Sony thing for 15 years now and they're basically back to where they started. 

I think it would be for the best if they moved on. Nintendo needs the revenue from gaming, that's all they do is games. MS doesn't need it, they're just overcrowding the industry and they're not even getting anywhere. It's like the rich kid who could date 15 other girls but he's hellbent on hitting on this one girl that "average joe" (Nintendo) likes ... give average joe a break, rich kid, lol. That guy needs that girl bad, for you it's just a one-night stand or something. 

The industry won't support 3 console makers long term IMO and if that forces Nintendo out, then IMO the overall industry will lose a lot of its charm. MS does a lot of nice things too, but honestly Sony does basically all/most of the same things. I personally think it would be for the best overall. Nintendo could then shift back more to what they were in the 90s where they offered a more balanced portfolio because there was space in the market for them to do so (GoldenEye, NBA Courtside, Star Wars games, Perfect Dark, etc.). 

They aren't overcrowded with weaboo games and shovelware... I really wish Square would just go all out and brutalize the likes of Koei (not Tecmo), Bamco, Gust, NIS, Aksys, Atlus, Spike Chunsoft and Idea Factory and I might finally be able to enjoy the Play Station consoles again...

Until then, I will steer clear of consoles serviced by the aforementioned companies in large numbers (I can deal with one or two games like with the 360, and even then that was pushing it)...

I liked Nintendo, but they literally went down the shitter with the DS...

MS can always just say "screw it" and have their next console have an i7 processor (they will be cheaper by then) and use a version of their Windows OS that is near identical to the one on PCs...

So you like MS because you don't have to hear about games coming out on the system that aren't to your liking?  Or are you suggesting that those "weaboo games" are somehow taking a spot in the console's library that would be taken by games you would more enjoy.  Because I'm 99% sure that isn't how these things work.  

Also, I hope your wishes never come true.  Some of that really mean spirited shitty fandom when people hope that game companies they don't like fail when it has absolutely no effect on them.  Like me hoping every sim racer franchise dies off because I find them boring.  

More like "I don't like the reputation they carry with them and the community that forms" when they are released... I have talked time and again of oversaturating a demographic by making way too much stuff of a particular type. The only exceptions are mainstream stuff like shooters that have no particular demographic (anyone can like shooting people). On the other side, stuff like what NIS or Idea Factory is very clearly gendered (which I hate even more) and they produce them in droves and with no streamlined production model (they produce completely different genre games for completely different publics, shafting those who ask "and us?" and the crowd that wished the games of one demographic would be made for theirs).

TL;DR I hate the games for what they are and the track history of the ones making them. I'd rather not deal with them until they stop thinking demographic pandering is an excuse for a poor game... If your game has to rely on moe to sell, I don't want to look at it, because shooters do rely on violence, but so do most games with a plot...

And it does. The more successful they are, the higher the odds other companies will follow suit. If they crash down, they show other companies "this is what you SHOULDN'T do.

I really miss the 90s and 2000-2001...

AsGryffynn said:
Torillian said:

More like "I don't like the reputation they carry with them and the community that forms" when they are released... I have talked time and again of oversaturating a demographic by making way too much stuff of a particular type. The only exceptions are mainstream stuff like shooters that have no particular demographic (anyone can like shooting people). On the other side, stuff like what NIS or Idea Factory is very clearly gendered (which I hate even more) and they produce them in droves and with no streamlined production model (they produce completely different genre games for completely different publics, shafting those who ask "and us?" and the crowd that wished the games of one demographic would be made for theirs).

TL;DR I hate the games for what they are and the track history of the ones making them. I'd rather not deal with them until they stop thinking demographic pandering is an excuse for a poor game... If your game has to rely on moe to sell, I don't want to look at it, because shooters do rely on violence, but so do most games with a plot...

And it does. The more successful they are, the higher the odds other companies will follow suit. If they crash down, they show other companies "this is what you SHOULDN'T do.

So those games are gendered but shooters are for everyone?  Do you have any data to back up that idea?  Like the demographics of NIS games versus Halo?  Just sounds like assumptions you are making.  

Torillian said:
AsGryffynn said:
Torillian said:

So those games are gendered but shooters are for everyone?  Do you have any data to back up that idea?  Like the demographics of NIS games versus Halo?  Just sounds like assumptions you are making.  

Not at the moment for NIS, but it speaks volumes of Idea Factory to have three different companies and one making the Neptunia and Omega Quintet (eww) games and another making otome games... Yet I see now company making galge games or dungeon crawlers with nice dudes...

Protip: If you're going to follow this dynamic, those companies would be better off with your money and on their own...