By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the xbone going to fall off a cliff?

Will sales fall off a clif in the coming years?

Yes 391 49.56%

No 264 33.46%

Potato 134 16.98%

Total:789

Most multiplats will still release on x1, mainly the ones that se alteady saw having public for. But I'm certain some won't and fambase wouldn't care either way

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

I kinda hope MS leaves the industry

NO!!! I hope they don't leave. I like Xbox and I like what they do different than both Sony and Nintendo. They do a great job and I honestly don't see them leaving anytime soon.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:
Soundwave said:

I kinda hope MS leaves the industry

NO!!! I hope they don't leave. I like Xbox and I like what they do different than both Sony and Nintendo. They do a great job and I honestly don't see them leaving anytime soon.

Beyond Halo, which is lets face it a declining franchise, what do they offer that's really *that* different from Sony. 

I give them credit they do do a good job, but I think look they've tried this chasing Sony thing for 15 years now and they're basically back to where they started. 

I think it would be for the best if they moved on. Nintendo needs the revenue from gaming, that's all they do is games. MS doesn't need it, they're just overcrowding the industry and they're not even getting anywhere. It's like the rich kid who could date 15 other girls but he's hellbent on hitting on this one girl that "average joe" (Nintendo) likes ... give average joe a break, rich kid, lol. That guy needs that girl bad, for you it's just a one-night stand or something. 

The industry won't support 3 console makers long term IMO and if that forces Nintendo out, then IMO the overall industry will lose a lot of its charm. MS does a lot of nice things too, but honestly Sony does basically all/most of the same things. I personally think it would be for the best overall. Nintendo could then shift back more to what they were in the 90s where they offered a more balanced portfolio because there was space in the market for them to do so (GoldenEye, NBA Courtside, Star Wars games, Perfect Dark, etc.). 

For as far as I care it is still above it's predecessor, with Quantum Break, Encore, Gears and a few other titles it could still do 10 million next year. It isn't PS4 level sales but it sure as hell ain't Wii U levels. So it will do as decent as ever next year is not going to be an exception and who knows what the new IP's will do. Perhaps Quantum Break does the same for Xone as Titanfall.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

curl-6 said:
Ali_16x said:

What games do you enjoy? PS4 has a lot of genres to offer.

Gaming in general is going in a direction I do not enjoy. Neither the AAA blockbuster nor the indie alternative offer much of appeal to me. I also don't really like cinematic or story-focussed games. It's hard to describe, but there's a certain freshness that just feels missing from like 95% of current gen games. Everything feels like a copy of a copy of a copy.

This isn't an attack on the PS4 specifically; Xbox One doesn't interest me either, and even Wii U isn't really keeping me satisfied.

Modern gaming just isn't really my cup of tea anymore; I've spent far more time this generation playing games from previous ones than current gen fare. I guess I'm just a grumpy child of the 4th gen whose tastes have gone out of style.

Bloodborne will heal your wounds, or make more ;)

Around the Network

Xbo is selling faster than xb360, a console that sold 80+ million. The Xbo is doing excellent. The OP is dreaming, lol!

zorg1000 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

LOL! Oh boy, now that is spin. Userbase determines relevance, not marketshare.

By your logic, X1 could be more relevant in Europe if MS simply sold less hardware in the US. Because that's logic of determining relevance by marketshare.

Again, the longer this discussion goes on the more this argument falls apart. X1 can probably sell 15 - 20 million units in Europe (depending on how competitive MS is). While the N64 only sold 6 million. That's why X1 is more relevant in Europe.

I think u r getting confused, US sales have no bearing on what I'm saying. Market share is a very good way to gauge relevance to the market, and since the gaming market had been growing it now requires more sales to accomplish similar levels of market share compared to the 90s.

SNES+Genesis=17 million

PS1+N64+Saturn=45 million

PS2+GC+XB=67 million

PS3+Wii+360=93 million

See how the overall console market in Europe has consistently grown each generation? SNES sold about 8 million in Europe which gave it just under 50% marketshare so it was relevant to the market. Xbox sold just a little less at 7 million but that only accounted for a little over 10% marketshare so even though it's sales were similar to SNES, it was still much less relevant because of how much the market had grown in that time.

I think u are overestimating Xbox One sales in Europe, I don't see it hitting 15 million let alone 20 million, I would say more like 12 million.

Well now you've moved away completely from marketshare because you understand it was a weak argument. You even said N64 and X1 had the same relevance because of marketshare. Again, weak argument.

Well lets wait an see how X1 does in Europe. Its performance depends on how competitive they are. Pricing, exclusives, continued bundling of Fifa, etc.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
zorg1000 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

LOL! Oh boy, now that is spin. Userbase determines relevance, not marketshare.

By your logic, X1 could be more relevant in Europe if MS simply sold less hardware in the US. Because that's logic of determining relevance by marketshare.

Again, the longer this discussion goes on the more this argument falls apart. X1 can probably sell 15 - 20 million units in Europe (depending on how competitive MS is). While the N64 only sold 6 million. That's why X1 is more relevant in Europe.

I think u r getting confused, US sales have no bearing on what I'm saying. Market share is a very good way to gauge relevance to the market, and since the gaming market had been growing it now requires more sales to accomplish similar levels of market share compared to the 90s.

SNES+Genesis=17 million

PS1+N64+Saturn=45 million

PS2+GC+XB=67 million

PS3+Wii+360=93 million

See how the overall console market in Europe has consistently grown each generation? SNES sold about 8 million in Europe which gave it just under 50% marketshare so it was relevant to the market. Xbox sold just a little less at 7 million but that only accounted for a little over 10% marketshare so even though it's sales were similar to SNES, it was still much less relevant because of how much the market had grown in that time.

I think u are overestimating Xbox One sales in Europe, I don't see it hitting 15 million let alone 20 million, I would say more like 12 million.

Well now you've moved away completely from marketshare because you understand it was a weak argument. You even said N64 and X1 had the same relevance because of marketshare. Again, weak argument.

Well lets wait an see how X1 does in Europe. Its performance depends on how competitive they are. Pricing, exclusives, continued bundling of Fifa, etc.

What the fuck are u talking about? My whole post was about marketshare, ur not making a bit of sense.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

The OP is REALLY awful...

On topic: It depends of Microsoft, if Microsoft throw in the towel, the Xbox One and Xbox brand will survive, if Microsoft don't support the console with new exclusives, deals, ads, etc it will die.

Anyway, I really don't think Microsoft is going to throw in the towel. At least since the business is profitable.

Tim and The Princes...

thismeintiel said:
curl-6 said:
thismeintiel said:

And people need to lay off the "best selling Xbox console.". MS has stopped talking about sales because they know the 360's aligned launch is right in the rearview mirror and coming fast. The XBO may end up at 35M-40M, nowhere near 360's 85M+.

While I agree Xbox One will not sell as much as the 360, I think 35-40 million is lowballing it a bit; this generation could drag on for as long as the last, giving it plenty of time to make steady progress.

Actually, 40M may be being too kind.  It's currently at 15.6M (we're guessing, cause MS doesn't want to give numbers.)  It'll probably be ~18M by the end of the year.  That's with it's biggest hitter already out.  It has nothing left to incredibly boost sales, except for another price cut.  However, since Sony has got the production costs for the PS4 down, I'm sure they will answer in kind next year when MS does cut.  Heck, Sony may do it first.  Point is, the price will no longer help MS as much. 

It also looks like the XBO will only sell ~7M this year, meaning it is down ~900K from 2014, even with its biggest hitter, Halo 5.  Next year will most likely be down, as well.  If it continues to be down by ~900K the following years, its total will be 24.1M for 2016.  29.3M in 2017.  33.6M in 2018.  2018 is when its successor will most likely be out, so sales may continue to slide further.  Even if sales decline only by the same amount that gives it a total of 37M for 2019, the year I think PS5 will launch.  At that point, sales will plummet.

The NX will be launching sometime in 2017.  I expect the XBT to be out the following year, since MS may want to get a jump on Sony.  That might actually bite them in the ass, though, cause Sony will most likely aim to have another console powerhouse, that can still launch at $399.  So them launching early will give Sony ~6 months to react to MS's console.  I expect Sony to launch in 2019, 6 years after the PS4, just in time for the 25th anniversary of the PS.  Considering it will be the PS5, they can play with the 25 in their advertising.  I think next gen will play out very much like this gen.  Sony is sticking with AMD, which means full B/C with the hugely successful PS4.  They are going to aim at having the most powerful machine they can get (I'm expecting ~8-10TFLOPS, with 2x the RAM and CPU power, plus a 4x-8x UHD Bluray drive) while still keeping costs at $399.

This is an all around fascinating post.  I do think this is possible.  The NX really could kickstart the new gen if it's stronger than the Xbox One. And it'd happen in 2017 (since I beleive any NX releasing next year is gonna be a handheld anyways)