By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the xbone going to fall off a cliff?

Will sales fall off a clif in the coming years?

Yes 391 49.56%

No 264 33.46%

Potato 134 16.98%

Total:789
LudicrousSpeed said:
TheSting said:
Can we get a wishful thinking sub forum against MS? We all know who the posters will be.

Some of these threads lately hsve just been bizarre.

Reminds me of when that Spiderman game was rumored to be canceled on Xbone and there was a flood of FUD. "It begins!!"

This is a sales forum. What do you expect us to talk about? An Xbox One with rose-tinted glass cover. Puhleasse. 

Around the Network
kurasakiichimaru said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
TheSting said:
Can we get a wishful thinking sub forum against MS? We all know who the posters will be.

Reminds me of when that Spiderman game was rumored to be canceled on Xbone and there was a flood of FUD. "It begins!!"

This is a sales forum. What do you expect us to talk about? An Xbox One with rose-tinted glass cover. Puhleasse. 

You mean it's a  gaming forum with a sales section :) Also, since you understand it's a forum, you understand we can discuss things going on here.

LudicrousSpeed said:
kurasakiichimaru said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
TheSting said:

You mean it's a  gaming forum with a sales section :) Also, since you understand it's a forum, you understand we can discuss things going on here.

Ummm Oh.... kay, Einstein.

Have you read the thread title? Maybe it was rudely titled but the OP content is not insane and reaching. Xbox has a problem with ROTW outside USA and UK sales. I guess we can talk about the discussion rather than attacking the posters, right?

Most multiplats will still release on x1, mainly the ones that se alteady saw having public for. But I'm certain some won't and fambase wouldn't care either way

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Mr Puggsly said:
zorg1000 said:

It's really not that significantly more relevant in Europe compared to N64 though. Xbox One might have like 20% market share in Europe when all is said and done compared to about 15% for Nintendo 64, not really as significant as u make it out to be, the market in Europe has grown by a lot since the mid/late 90s so comparing purely by raw numbers doesn't tell the whole picture.

LOL! Oh boy, now that is spin. Userbase determines relevance, not marketshare.

By your logic, X1 could be more relevant in Europe if MS simply sold less hardware in the US. Because that's logic of determining relevance by marketshare.

Again, the longer this discussion goes on the more this argument falls apart. X1 can probably sell 15 - 20 million units in Europe (depending on how competitive MS is). While the N64 only sold 6 million. That's why X1 is more relevant in Europe.

I think u r getting confused, US sales have no bearing on what I'm saying. Market share is a very good way to gauge relevance to the market, and since the gaming market had been growing it now requires more sales to accomplish similar levels of market share compared to the 90s.

SNES+Genesis=17 million

PS1+N64+Saturn=45 million

PS2+GC+XB=67 million

PS3+Wii+360=93 million

See how the overall console market in Europe has consistently grown each generation? SNES sold about 8 million in Europe which gave it just under 50% marketshare so it was relevant to the market. Xbox sold just a little less at 7 million but that only accounted for a little over 10% marketshare so even though it's sales were similar to SNES, it was still much less relevant because of how much the market had grown in that time.

I think u are overestimating Xbox One sales in Europe, I don't see it hitting 15 million let alone 20 million, I would say more like 12 million.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
kurasakiichimaru said:

Have you read the thread title? Maybe it was rudely titled but the OP content is not insane and reaching. Xbox has a problem with ROTW outside USA and UK sales. I guess we can talk about the discussion rather than attacking the posters, right?

Of course I read the thread title. It's not rudely titled, it's absurdly titled. And the OP nor discussion inside don't do anything to justify the title. But getting past the title, it's a discussion that just doesn't hold logic. Nothing wrong with agreeing with another poster that it's a flawed discussion. Also, please whine about me attacking posters after I have actually done it... Einstein. Thanks.

Roronaa_chan said:
Who'd take their X1 to the edge of a cliff?

If Otomate releases a game for it, I will... then promptly ragequit gaming, become rich and destroy all otoge companies...

LudicrousSpeed said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

Of course I read the thread title. It's not rudely titled, it's absurdly titled. And the OP nor discussion inside don't do anything to justify the title. But getting past the title, it's a discussion that just doesn't hold logic. Nothing wrong with agreeing with another poster that it's a flawed discussion. Also, please whine about me attacking posters after I have actually done it... Einstein. Thanks.

Because looking to past sales patterns to try and understand future ones isn't logic at all. Sorry. I forgot that.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

Because looking to past sales patterns to try and understand future ones isn't logic at all. Sorry. I forgot that.

It's logic, but not at all trustworthy... past sales don't always set a precedent...

I kinda hope MS leaves the industry, not because they're a bad company or they offer a bad product. They do a decent/admirable job with the XBox.

It's just they're not needed in the business as I see it. Nintendo badly needs that 2nd place spot, because all they do is make games and Nintendo just is too incompetent to get the no.2 without getting some breaks. Yeah you could say 'well they don't deserve it' but I don't think the industry is better off without Nintendo, just like you could argue Sega made hundreds of mistakes but the bottom line is it's a damn shame what happened to Sega. 

Making games for MS is just peanuts, they don't need the money from this business and the whole point of the XBox brand was to stop Sony from threatening the Windows monopoly (lol), and Sony is obviously no threat there (should have been watching Apple and Google instead Microsoft).

I would like them to move out and help/stake Nintendo, provided Nintendo agrees to use Windows OS. I think that would work well for both.