By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft UK Advertise Battlefront in Metro using loophole

bananaking21 said:
pokoko said:
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

i really really dont see what the issue here is honestly. it was just a clever way to say that the game is on XB1. its really just an ad. 

Which exclusive marketing clearly prevents.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Well thats competition for you.

Bryank75 said:
yvanjean said:

I think it's funny! Especially that Sony paid to get advertising on a game that's playable first on Xbox One.

From the perspective of someone who has no investment. Of course it would be funny, now imagine you spent money on that deal.....

Imagine you bought the deal that they had the previous 2 years and you respected that and didn't interfere in any way, but then when it was your turn they turned around and shit all over your deal.... 

Not really a nice mentality, is it?

Maybe Sony should invest money in their first party line-up instead.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Bryank75 said:
yvanjean said:

I think it's funny! Especially that Sony paid to get advertising on a game that's playable first on Xbox One.

From the perspective of someone who has no investment. Of course it would be funny, now imagine you spent money on that deal.....

Imagine you bought the deal that they had the previous 2 years and you respected that and didn't interfere in any way, but then when it was your turn they turned around and shit all over your deal.... 

Which can impact on future willingness of Sony to make those deals and if MS is the only one bidding they will probably pay less or seeing that they can get away with "clever" ways to advertise without authorization they may not even do it, and the publisher that stayed out of it may lose that money.

And about EA Access that is another bullocks part on Sony marketing team. this isn't the first game that they get exclusive marketing, but releases several days before on X1 because of EA Access....

I woul much preffer these money invested in new games.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:

I didn't said it was the same... I asked you why it's worse, you provided nothing.
And very nice to completely lose the point on the RTR question considering the context.

I told you why it was worse in my original quote to someone else, why do I need to further add that the advent of other various forms of advertisements exist more so now than they did a generation ago?, you of all people are not casual by a long stretch so I would imagine you know of such advertisement tactics being more commonplace this gen than the last, marketing this gen is by no means the same as last, nearly a decade ago all 3 were using different marketing and advertising means than what is being used now, otherwise general marketing advances wouldn't have been made and stayed completely the same, except change always occurs in everything in life, the same happens with marketing and how to advertise. Loopholes and finding ways around them isn't anything new but last gen I don't recall the exact same situation happening with a metro or any other newspaper of that kind, especially from MS, I also don't recall up close and personal marketing stunts in public the way they are now than they were 10 years ago.

I shouldn't need to fish and waste my time to link advertisement types or all ads based on each platform so you can turn around and go "it's the same, I was right", you should know marketing changes, everything changes in life, to expect the exact same results every time let alone a decade later if not 50 years is absurd, marketing and advertisements from 50 years ago for a prime example are completely different compared to today and it doesn't take a casual with no marketing knowledge to notice a difference in change.

Also you asked me for my opinion on Ride of the Tomb Raider, you didn't specify what you wanted answered and I gave you my opinion, no need to get completely flustered and get enraged about asking for an opinion without specifying posts.

I'll end it here though because I can tell this is going to go in a circle because one of us isn't going to accept that marketing and advertisements can and will change.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

The full page advert on its own clearly doesn't make any sense without being placed alongside the other pages review of a game which there is a deal in place to not allow be advertised on the X1, there is no real way you could attempt to claim that the full page advert was not related the Star Wars review since it doesn't make sense on its own, perhaps if they at least had the names of a couple of games in the top of the full page one... but no as it stands that is a bad move imo.
People say there is no such thing as bad publicity, but doing things with public make you look desperate for attention when as a few people pointed out, their own exclusive deal was sent out to die alongside Fallout 4 is probably not the best use of the Xbox marketing teams time and energy.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Yes Microsoft!!!! Let that shove it into EA's faces!!!!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Seriously MS needs to be "desperate" if they want to keep up with the PS4 and sell at least 60-70% of what its going to have.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Alkibiádēs said:
Bryank75 said:
yvanjean said:

Maybe Sony should invest money in their first party line-up instead.

Like MS is doing with RTR or Fallout?

DonFerrari said:
Bryank75 said:

Which can impact on future willingness of Sony to make those deals and if MS is the only one bidding they will probably pay less or seeing that they can get away with "clever" ways to advertise without authorization they may not even do it, and the publisher that stayed out of it may lose that money.

And about EA Access that is another bullocks part on Sony marketing team. this isn't the first game that they get exclusive marketing, but releases several days before on X1 because of EA Access....

I woul much preffer these money invested in new games.

rofl perspective here, were talking about 1 advert in a free rag here. Compared to every tv, radio and cinema ad surrounding the release of probaby the biggest film of the decade . What microsoft has done here is a cute stunt, but thats all it is.