By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - How To Build A Solid $500 Gaming PC For Fallout 4 And GTA V

zero129 said:

1.How was Android OS compared to IOS when it launched??.

But one other thing, i said a user could also get a Windows license for 20-30 euros. But you already know all this cos we had this same very discussion in almost every other PC Building thread you enter. Why cant you just take that fact into account that a windows license can be got for cheap??.

2. If the TV is going to make the Display look crap then why does it not do the same with console games?. Only way the Display is going to look crap is if you have a crap display in the first place..

3. Well if you where a console gamer looking to get into PC gaming the is a massive chance you already have joypads. Great thing about PC's is you can use the joypads you already have, And even if your not then you can pick up a new joypad or even get a 2nd hand one or one of your friends for cheap..

4. I dont know where your getting 400 extra from. all you need is 20-30 for the windows license and another 20-30 for a pre owned joypad if you dont already have one. Or if you want a new one then 50 euros. Total extra cost for a user that doesnt have them things even at max price is 80 euros, very far from that 400 number you come up with.

5. What framerate does consoles run them same games at?? What res does it run them same games at??. PC's has settings for a reason, Console games are not the same as the PC version maxed out, in fact most of the console settings would be a mix from low to high settings. And going by that PS4 upgrade thread many user would be happy to pay an extra 150€ for better performance..

This PC can play a lot of games maxed out at 60 FPS and the ones it cant then the user has a choice, Keep everything maxed and play the game at 30FPS (Still much better then on consoles) or lower down some settings that dont have a huge impact on visuals to hit the 60FPS (It will Still be looking and playing much better then the console versions).

Look its like this your better off just leaving this thread. Clearly your only in it trolling. Any mod that comes in here can see that you say the same things in every PC thread to derail the thread and use strawman trolling tactics to get a reaction out of people.

Everything you have said here you are just repeating the same things from the other threads you go into and even when all this stuff has been explained to you before, you still continue to do it and repeat the same stuff.

This thread is in the PC section, if you have no interest in this build or in PC gaming then please dont be coming in to derail the thread with your lies..

We're on a discussion forum, aren't we? Anyway, where can I get those Windows licenses for 20-30 euros? Windows 7 home edition is around $170-$200 in Australia.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:

We're on a discussion forum, aren't we? Anyway, where can I get those Windows licenses for 20-30 euros? Windows 7 home edition is around $170-$200 in Australia.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B010W4G0B6

http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B0084DJV9Q/

http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B00MA64R6U/

And they can all be upgraded for free to Windows 10.

ofrm1 said:
Way too cheap of a build. Won't be relevant two years from now and you'll have to spend a bunch more just to make it relevant.

Drop the 6300. Get an i5 4460.
Drop the TX3 and get a 212 evo.
Pick up a cheap h87 motherboard.
Ram's fine.
Add an 120gb SSD to the 1TB HD.
Drop the 2GB 380 and get a 4GB one.
Case is expensive for a budget build. Just get a cheap thermaltake. They're big and usually have plenty of 3.0 ports.
I prefer CX600 for an AMD card because of the higher TDP. Going AMD CPU and GPU with a 550w is likely dangerous depending on how high you overclock.

Total will be a little over 800. This is the absolute lowest I would go with a build. Any lower and I'll be eating cost down the road by being forced to upgrade.

Stop buying budget PC's. They're a waste of money and aren't good price for performance. If you're investing in a PC, make sure it will last longer than two years. That means anticipating where graphics will be by that point based on what they were two years ago. System Requirements have never been as demanding as they are now.

Agreed. What's not to say that some parts of this budget PC won't have to be changed on the long (or short) run? I mean, if players would want a better PC experience without hassles and continuous upgrading, they'd want to spend more on the parts, and it wouldn't be a budget PC anymore. Sure, it can run Fallout 4 and GTA V decently as of now. But what about GTA 6? Or the next Fallout? The next Battlefield? The next Elder Scrolls? What about the future games we don't know about? Of course some upgrading will have to be done eventually. But wouldn't it be better for the gaming PC to be futureproof?

Lawlight said:
In other words no monitor, no OS, no controller, have to rely on mall-in rebates, have to build the actual thing, $150 more expensive, valid only for the US to get to play games at around 50fps.

Which is better than what the consoles can manage and at greater graphical fidelity, not to mention all the extra uses you can get out of a PC. So you get more for that extra $150, plus you don't have to pay for online and the games are cheaper which actually saves you money in the long-run.

Scoobes said:
Lawlight said:
In other words no monitor, no OS, no controller, have to rely on mall-in rebates, have to build the actual thing, $150 more expensive, valid only for the US to get to play games at around 50fps.

Which is better than what the consoles can manage and at greater graphical fidelity, not to mention all the extra uses you can get out of a PC. So you get more for that extra $150, plus you don't have to pay for online and the games are cheaper which actually saves you money in the long-run.

Actually games on consoles are cheaper because you can borrow/resell them.

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:
Scoobes said:
Lawlight said:

Actually games on consoles are cheaper because you can borrow/resell them.

Even with that, PC games start cheaper and come down in price more. Some of the Steam sales let you buy an entire publishers back catalogue for little more than the price of a new game on consoles (we're talking around 100 games in some cases).

Conina said:
Lawlight said:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B010W4G0B6

http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B0084DJV9Q/

http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B00MA64R6U/

And they can all be upgraded for free to Windows 10.

What's the catch here (I don't know German)? On Amazon.fr, it is much more expensive:

http://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?__mk_fr_FR=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=windows+7

ofrm1 said:
Way too cheap of a build. Won't be relevant two years from now and you'll have to spend a bunch more just to make it relevant.

Drop the 6300. Get an i5 4460.
Drop the TX3 and get a 212 evo.
Pick up a cheap h87 motherboard.
Ram's fine.
Add an 120gb SSD to the 1TB HD.
Drop the 2GB 380 and get a 4GB one.
Case is expensive for a budget build. Just get a cheap thermaltake. They're big and usually have plenty of 3.0 ports.
I prefer CX600 for an AMD card because of the higher TDP. Going AMD CPU and GPU with a 550w is likely dangerous depending on how high you overclock.

Total will be a little over 800. This is the absolute lowest I would go with a build. Any lower and I'll be eating cost down the road by being forced to upgrade.

Here is my PC. Cost less than $700. 

i5 4690k - $210  (bought half a year ago for a nice price off ebay, before that I had a G3258 which I now use in an HTPC I recently built.) 

r9 280x -  $190 (after special savings a year ago, with three free games.)

8 GB GDDR3 1600 mhz - $70 (when I purchased it a year ago) is $40-50 now. 

ASROCK Z97 Anniversary ($70 after rebate) 

Sandisk 240GB SSD ($80 half a year ago)

250GB 5200 RPM Seagate which I have recycled from a Dell office PC I owned 8 years ago. The HDD still has all its sectors working and runs at full capacity since I have only used it sporadically as a usb storage drive for years. (Free) 

Corsair CX 500 ($25 after rebate.)

Osrock Mid-tower ($40) 

No shipping and no tax

Total: $680 (after rebates) 

Since I don't care about ultra settings, this will probably last me for a good generation with no upgrade. 

Anyone considering investing into a PC controller; please, don't think about any controller besides the xbox controller at this point. Not because it's the best but others will give you a headache to get them to work.

Old games may work, just plug and play but developers don't bother anymore, so recent games will require a keyboard or the xbox controller. Just a tip for a seamless experience.

Mr_No said:
ofrm1 said:

Stop buying budget PC's. They're a waste of money and aren't good price for performance. If you're investing in a PC, make sure it will last longer than two years. That means anticipating where graphics will be by that point based on what they were two years ago. System Requirements have never been as demanding as they are now.

Agreed. What's not to say that some parts of this budget PC won't have to be changed on the long (or short) run? I mean, if players would want a better PC experience without hassles and continuous upgrading, they'd want to spend more on the parts, and it wouldn't be a budget PC anymore. Sure, it can run Fallout 4 and GTA V decently as of now. But what about GTA 6? Or the next Fallout? The next Battlefield? The next Elder Scrolls? What about the future games we don't know about? Of course some upgrading will have to be done eventually. But wouldn't it be better for the gaming PC to be futureproof?

Well, the point is making a PC to run GTA V and Fallout 4, isn't it? Little to no point claiming it probably won't run on max games that doesn't even exist yet. Not to mention that when they do, the build will still outperform the graphic settings of PS4/X1 on every game bar the very few oddballs like Arkham Knight, which are complete clusterfucks. The build is fine, and it uses some of the best, if not the best, price/perf ratio pieces in the market. As for those claiming it is a weak build, it probably still outperforms over 90% gaming PCs in the planet, as per Steam data on hardware.