By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - How To Build A Solid $500 Gaming PC For Fallout 4 And GTA V

chapset said:
Nettles said:
chapset said:
add the OS, keybord and mouse and optical drive ( because how the hell are you gonna install the drivers that will come with your peripherals) and you are already at 750$ US multiply that by 1.3 if you live in the free Canadian lands

Keyboard, mouse, DVD drive, case, monitor (possibly even HDD, RAM, OS CD) can all be re-used from your previous machine.

Seriously guys, you are using arguments that may have been true 20 years ago when people bought their first PC.Move with the times.

If you upgrade your pc don't you think you might want to upgrade your peripherals too? you guys act like those things last for ever or the 10$ version or just as good. please I build a pc this summer and it cost me my first born child, I know the pain

Maybe some do but i'm typing on a keyboard made in 1991 (IBM Model M) and i usually only "upgrade" my mouse when they break (every 2-3 years maybe).When we're talking about a tiny budget it's best to spend a larger percentage on the most important stuff if you ask me to get the best bang for buck performance wise.No point spending $100 on a new mech keyboard with a $500 build.

Around the Network

looks promising, I think I want to get a desktop in the next year or so. Good to know it won't be too expensive.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash