By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Twilight Princess HD Screenshots (High quality)

Here's a video with them side by side, if anyone's interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaW_0Z_Y95A

I like it when my mom goes out of town because I get to sleep on her side of the bed. -William Montgomery

Around the Network

Looks good enough for me.
I wonder if I should sell my GC version, which goes for quite some money here in Japan, and then get the HD remake.
I'm intrigued by the amiibo functionality that would carry over data from this game to the new Zelda...

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Yeah, I think this will do it. There's nothing like a good comparison to see how they actually improved the quality. I was blinded by nostalgia, in my mind TP GC/Wii version looked way better lol

Left handed Link returns!

Wow I thought it looked fine before.

Around the Network

The comparison did it for me, too. I'm currently playing the game right now and am almost at the finish. I wasn't going to buy the game, but now I can appreciate it more. I can look at it as a way to find all the new tropes they added to the game. Sometimes the best part of playing a Zelda game is that you've played it before and already know what to do. To experience a more shiny run through may be a fun experience. Yeah, I"m gonna buy the game.

60 fps? That's my question.

Looks great! A bit more dated than Wind Waker HD, but that game had the benefit of a more timeless art style that's held up over the years.

Skullwaker said:
Looks good! My main problems with the original were visuals, controls (because lol Wii) and pacing. If at least two of these issues are fixed (which it seems like visuals and controls will be at the very least), then this should be an easy buy.

Really looking forward to how they integrate the gamepad. That was one of my favorite aspects of Wind Waker HD.

Agree completely with this

People saying there is little to no improvement probably haven't played the original version in a while, and are thinking back to how they remember it looking rather than how it actually looks. The years and the propagation of large HDTVs have not been kind to Twilight Princess.

Yes, they could have pushed it further graphically, (a new lighting model would have been nice) but the two biggest visual drawbacks of the original (blurry textures and poor image quality) have been at least partially alleviated.