By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Twilight Princess HD Screenshots (High quality)

TK14 said:
It does look better, but it's very subtle. Unlike WWHD, OoT3D and MM3D, which all had really obvious graphical overhauls. Of course, those games were made by Aonuma's team and Grezzo...not Tantalus.

I think I was mostly just disappointed because during the Direct I immediately assumed they were starting the video with Wii/Gamecube footage, and then they were going to reveal how the HD version looked as soon as the music got epic...and when that never happened, it was immediately like, "WTF?! It looks exactly the same!" :p

That´s pretty easy when you are seeing a 360p quality-like image (because 720p on youtube stream does not look like 720p at all) of a 1080p game where the biggest improvements are on textures and resolution. Is logic. Also the nostalgia googles dont help, people always remember past games looking way better than they do.

Around the Network

The unanswered question is what resolution it will run at. 

Given that Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Wind Waker HD, and Smash Bros all manage to hit 1080p, I see no good reason why this shouldn't as well.

curl-6 said:

The unanswered question is what resolution it will run at. 

Given that Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Wind Waker HD, and Smash Bros all manage to hit 1080p, I see no good reason why this shouldn't as well.

My bet is 1080p. I would rather have it at 60fps though.

Another lingering question will be how well this HD looks in other environments. One of those Dolphin screens is of one of the areas with lots of grass. We have yet to see that really. It'll be interesting to see. I'm betting we'll hear a lot more about this at The Game Awards. I'm betting both this and Zelda U will get substantial coverage as Nintendo gears up to launch into 2016 and Zelda's 30th Anniversary.

Textures have had an obvious improvement, but the could have also touched upon some of the models. Those blocky towers on Hyrule Castle look terrible now :-| .

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
Textures have had an obvious improvement, but the could have also touched upon some of the models. Those blocky towers on Hyrule Castle look terrible now :-| .

That castle is by far the worst looking part of what they showed about the game. But luckily the rest looks better. It´s over all a mixed bag, but the wii version just looks terrible by today standars, it´s hard to get into the game with those graphics, they have aged worse than OOT imo, this, however, looks ok.

Goodnightmoon said:
S.Peelman said:

That castle is by far the worst looking part of what they showed about the game. But luckily the rest looks better. It´s over all a mixed bag, but the wii version just looks terrible by today standars, it´s hard to get into the game with those graphics, they have aged worse than OOT imo, this, however, looks ok.

Yeah I agree. Thought the parts in Hyrule Field and the ruined Temple of Time looked pretty decent in this remaster.

This is video have great comparison.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

The game isn't anything pretty to look at, the environments in particular, but it'll due.  I wasn't expecting Wii U graphic levels for a remaster.

This isn't remaster, its HD port.

Miyamotoo said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

The game isn't anything pretty to look at, the environments in particular, but it'll due.  I wasn't expecting Wii U graphic levels for a remaster.

This isn't remaster, its HD port.

That´s called remaster.