By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Twilight Princess HD Screenshots (High quality)

Meh. I'm not a huge TP fan, so I don't know if I will buy this one...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

People saying there is little to no improvement probably haven't played the original version in a while, and are thinking back to how they remember it looking rather than how it actually looks. The years and the propagation of large HDTVs have not been kind to Twilight Princess.

Yes, they could have pushed it further graphically, (a new lighting model would have been nice) but the two biggest visual drawbacks of the original (blurry textures and poor image quality) have been at least partially alleviated.

I'm currently playing the GC version and still dissapointed. Not that there isn't any improvement, but they could have done better.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Goodnightmoon said:
captain carot said:
You can clearly see that meshes weren't touched. All has the same low polygon count as it had nine years ago.
Some FX just look cheap compared to PS360 games. There's the high res textures though.

That's Dolphin:

There's even versions with improved shader effects.

That emulation is running on a much powerfull hardware than a WiiU though, and the standar emulation without all the super HD textures added and improved shadder effects doesn´t look better than the remaster.

Nintendo can do this:

And this:

On the Wii U. There's no excuse about power.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

It's looking enough for me. But I don't only want better graphics, I want them to rework the rythm of the game and some boring pace in the main story. Also, the wolve gameplay was horrible, pls fix it.

Pavolink said:
Goodnightmoon said:

That emulation is running on a much powerfull hardware than a WiiU though, and the standar emulation without all the super HD textures added and improved shadder effects doesn´t look better than the remaster.

Nintendo can do this:

And this:

On the Wii U. There's no excuse about power.

They'd have to start from scratch, and I think they didn't want to invert in it years and money, I guess. It's a pity, a full remake of TP with that E3 demo would be gorgeous. But they decided to make a filler with a HD remaster. As a remaster, it's not bad, not great. There are way worse remaster around there that doesn't improve even a bit. 

Around the Network
captain carot said:

Nintendo or better Tantalus ported the whole game to the Wii U. That should have alowed improvements like in OoT3D, MM3D or WW HD, though WW HD probably was the least improved, partially because of the look that game has.

WWHD actually had a lot of quite dramatic improvements over the original game; the lighting model was completely overhauled, introducing per-pixel illumination, HDR, ambient occlusion, and dynamic shadows. Also, in addition to being increased in base resolution, the textures benefitted from the addition of anisotropic filtering. Then of the course there's the bump from 640x480 to 1920x1080.
About the only thing that remained the same was the geometry meshes.

Still not very impressive imo.

Here's some screenshots from Dolphin. I have the Wii version, so unfortunately I have to use an outdated texture pack that isn't as good as some of the ones for the GC version. 

Pavolink said:
curl-6 said:

People saying there is little to no improvement probably haven't played the original version in a while, and are thinking back to how they remember it looking rather than how it actually looks. The years and the propagation of large HDTVs have not been kind to Twilight Princess.

Yes, they could have pushed it further graphically, (a new lighting model would have been nice) but the two biggest visual drawbacks of the original (blurry textures and poor image quality) have been at least partially alleviated.

I'm currently playing the GC version and still dissapointed. Not that there isn't any improvement, but they could have done better.

Yes they could have, but it's clear they didn't want to invest the money it would take to completely overhaul the graphics. 

teigaga said:
Hope they make a Zelda Collection for NX with all of these remasters included

Hardly, only collection that could see on NX is Mario Galaxy HD collection.