By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Twilight Princess HD Screenshots (High quality)

gintama said:
what about zelda U , will they lunch 2 zelda game in one year ?

Yes, Zelda TP HD in March and Zelda U in November, after all it's 30th Zelda anniversary. This year we had something similar for 3DS, MM 3D in February and Tri Force Heroes in October.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

How did you get hold of this screenshot? I don't remember see this scene in the direct.

Metroid33slayer said:
Goodnightmoon said:

How did you get hold of this screenshot? I don't remember see this scene in the direct.

Because it wasn´t, Nintendo released screenshots after the direct that were not in the trailer.

Goodnightmoon said:
captain carot said:
You can clearly see that meshes weren't touched. All has the same low polygon count as it had nine years ago.
Some FX just look cheap compared to PS360 games. There's the high res textures though.

That's Dolphin:

There's even versions with improved shader effects.

That emulation is running on a much powerfull hardware than a WiiU though, and the standar emulation without all the super HD textures added and improved shadder effects doesn´t look better than the remaster.

Ha ha ha. So much contradiction that I cant even laugh properly. In one post, Wii U has uber graphics. In another Wii U isnt strong enough to put good graphics. This is just pathetic.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7612409

daredevil.shark said:
Goodnightmoon said:

That emulation is running on a much powerfull hardware than a WiiU though, and the standar emulation without all the super HD textures added and improved shadder effects doesn´t look better than the remaster.

Ha ha ha. So much contradiction that I cant even laugh properly. In one post, Wii U has uber graphics. In another Wii U isnt strong enough to put good graphics. This is just pathetic.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7612409

Contradiction? You said that Nintendo exclusives don´t look good. I showed you a lot of Nintendo exclusives that do look good.

What has that to do with the fact that the emulation is probably running on a PC that is probably way more powerfull than Ps4 itself? You cannot run that in a normal PC, so it´s only an option for some people with a good PC to run it properly looking like that.

I don´t know what you find hilarious there, but you are free to laugh.

Around the Network

It does look better. I think most people just assumed that it would get the same kind of graphical overhaul treatment that WW got. It's disappointing that they didn't at least try to smooth the models out more, instead of leaving everything polygon-wise as is. All they did was up the rez and provide better textures.

I might still get it, especially because it seems to (thankfully) be based on the GC version. But still, I will admit that when this was first rumored, I had hoped the graphic upgrade would have been at least a BIT more substantial.

Goodnightmoon said:

Contradiction? You said that Nintendo exclusives don´t look good. I showed you a lot of Nintendo exclusives that do look good.

What has that to do with the fact that the emulation is probably running on a PC that is probably way more powerfull than Ps4 itself? You cannot run that in a normal PC, so it´s only an option for some people with a good PC to run it properly looking like that.

I don´t know what you find hilarious there, but you are free to laugh.

Recently a certain fanbase of VGC makes me laugh a lot.

"Thread A: Company X doesnt need third party?

Thread B: Will you play Black OPS 3 if it comes in this console?"

"Thread A: X console is very powerful.

Thread B: Why on earth they put weak hardware in this system?"

As for the games you mentioned they look like 7th gen game with added lightning (off course at 720p) and without any anti alising. I am outta here. Being blind is too much among some individuals.

mZuzek said:
- Yes, it looks considerably better than the original.
- However, it still looks like shit for today's standards.

That's my take on this. I wanted Twilight Princess to get an awesome full-blown remake, not just a cheap remaster with HD rendering and textures. Hell they didn't even improve the lighting and colors, which they did for The Wind Waker - which clearly didn't need them as much.

You see, when I was watching the Direct and the TPHD footage was replaced with Zelda Wii U footage, it really felt to me like going forward 10 years in time, and that... that just shouldn't be happening with a remake, man. It just shouldn't. A remake is supposed to update a game so that it looks good (or at least acceptable) for today's standards, not just "better" than the original.

Ugh. At this point I'd even be fine if they just improved the lighting and colors to make the game look more vibrant. I don't even demand upgraded models anymore. And I hope they do the soundtrack justice - I know for a fact they won't bother to give it what it deserves (a live orchestra), but I really hope if it has to be MIDI, they make it sound good.

You said, this isn't remake, its HD port.

People need to realise that original game looks horrible, WW looks miles better, and in remaster TP couldnt look great like WW HD because of art style, for something like that TP would need full remake, not simple remaster.

Saying that, I agree that TP HD looks considerably better than the original, but because art style WW HD looks great event for today standards (actually I think it's one of the best looking game this gen), that isn't case for TP HD.

That moment people realize Skyward Sword would have been a much better choice to make an HD version of.

curl-6 said:

People saying there is little to no improvement probably haven't played the original version in a while, and are thinking back to how they remember it looking rather than how it actually looks. The years and the propagation of large HDTVs have not been kind to Twilight Princess.

If you played the Gamecube version on CRT, SD TV, it looked great. The reason people think games of that era looked like ass is because they're now plugging in those consoles to HDTVs... that's the mistake. This newer version doesn't really look much better than the original on an SD, CRT. It just looks better than the original played on an HDTV.