By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has Tomb Raider been wasted?

DeusXmachina said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Maybe we should have a female version for every game, to make gaming more agreeable to feminists, like having Master Cheifa, Kratoline, and female Samus.

A female Zelda would be nice too.

Woah, slow down dude, some things are off-limits.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

I think the exclusivity deal will affect the games sales very badly, specialy because ppl know its comming out to PC and PS4 in a year and theres even a pre-order for it so no one is in a hurry to buy it. Not to mention Fallout 4 launching alongside the game and Halo 4 having launched last weak wich cant be good for sales.

Who cares?

This deal was made just to make Sony fans feel bad for a year. That's why all exclusive deal exist, to piss people off.

Anyhow, I do believe its time to play Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

DakonBlackblade said:

I think the exclusivity deal will affect the games sales very badly, specialy because ppl know its comming out to PC and PS4 in a year and theres even a pre-order for it so no one is in a hurry to buy it. Not to mention Fallout 4 launching alongside the game and Halo 4 having launched last weak wich cant be good for sales.

Yep, Tomb Raider is screwed because Xbox is too fucking awesome this year.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
DakonBlackblade said:

Yep, Tomb Raider is screwed because Xbox is too fucking awesome this year.

Well ye, but that shows how terribly misguided Squenix and Chrystal Dynamics were when they got into this ill fated exclusivity deal, the game would sell well if it were on PS4 as well, the majority of Tomb Raiders fanbase are PS4 players, not to mention PS4s install base is larger to begin with. The way I think itll go Tomb Raider wont sell too well as an XOne exclusive on this very crowded release slot it decided to release on and them when it comes out on PS4 and PC itll have lost a lot of steam and sell way less than it couldve sold on those plataforms.

I also think XOne stacking two big exclusives so close to each other on the hollidays was a very bad move, maybe MS didnt have a say on Tomb Raiders release date but they sure as hell had one on Halo 4, they couldve delayed Halo 4 some 3-4 weaks and relied on Tomb Raider for early November (or do it the other way around if they did have a say on tomb raiders release date). Sonys delay on Uncharted 4 left a gap on theyre end of year exclusive slot, but they paced the rest of theyre exclusives much better along the year. I dont think MSs strategy to heavilly stack a bunch of games on the end of the year was too good of an idea for the games themselves, it might prove ot be a good strategy to sell consoles tough.

Around the Network
Bryank75 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
I remember when Tomb Raider was about figuring out how the hell to move forward by discovering where to jump, climb, find levers, etc. Good times.

That was back when games were unique, we are going into the homogenised times where everything becomes bland and featureless. Each just a shadow of another. 

Both new Tomb Raider games were well received for a shadow.

AbbathTheGrim said:
I remember when Tomb Raider was about figuring out how the hell to move forward by discovering where to jump, climb, find levers, etc. Good times.

The first Tomb Raider (1996) was good but all the other games that follwed where sub par until Tomb Raider (2013) showed up with Rise of the Tomb Raider its the first time the franchise actually has a good sequel.

Dravenet7 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
Yeah I completely forgot that came out today..

I thought it comes out tommorow

Time zones my friend

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I think that it's backfired pretty hard. If I had an xbox I would buy it in a heartbeat but I just don't think it's a system seller (at least not to a great enough extent) , and obviously it should have been delayed into next year away from the big hitters that it is surrounded by. Even if it sells well, bear in mind sqaure enix thought Tomb Raider 2013 was not up to what they expected from sales and I don't think it has a hope matching that game, even after the ps4, pc versions. Hoping for a good ps4 release next year.

I just brought it over fallout 4 cant wait!!!