By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has Tomb Raider been wasted?

John2290 said:

Props to Sony if that was strategic, it really did fuck MS''s plan. I can see why they dropped the money, expecting a massive campaign like kill zone vs halo. Lara croft vs Nathan drake. Vaginas vs cock. Tomb raider vs uncharted. Ps4 vs xbox1. Media outlets screaming about the battle of the two platformers.

Poor MS gaming decision, feel bad for them sometimes.

thats still going on, but from what i hear, team C is giving team V a massive pounding. 

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
Maybe we should have a female version for every game, to make gaming more agreeable to feminists, like having Master Cheifa, Kratoline, and female Samus.

Kind of like Star Wars 7?

John2290 said:

I'm sure you also remember the scores of times you had to retry a jump and the hundred of times you fell to your death having to restart a long series of jumps just because you aimed lara 1 degree away from a ledge. And what about the single digit frame rates during some gun fights? Eh. Eh?

Well you know, failure leads to success. There were also those moments when you thought you could stand on a ledge that was in sight, just to jump, see that you can't stand there as it slides, and you fall to lose progress and even die. Good times.

The frame rate during gun fights wasn't an issue. Pretty much everything else during gun fights was, the aiming was a mess.

AlfredoTurkey said:

Kind of like Star Wars 7?

The Force Awakens isn't really feminist, the movie is more anti-white than anything else.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

as i have been saying ever this game was announced as exclusive, this is a massive waste. this will seriously hurt the franchise in the short and long run.

the last game sold 8 million, lets see how this one will sell with the XB1 low install base, the majority of TR fans being on Playstation and the PS4 version releasing a year late.

all in all, this games failure to sell will be SE's fault, and serves them right for being so stupid to even agreeing to make such a deal.

John2290 said:

Props to Sony if that was strategic, it really did fuck MS''s plan. I can see why they dropped the money, expecting a massive campaign like kill zone vs halo. Lara croft vs Nathan drake. Vaginas vs cock. Tomb raider vs uncharted. Ps4 vs xbox1. Media outlets screaming about the battle of the two platformers.

I don't think that was strategic, ND said that they wanted to improve the ending and they needed more time to do it like they wanted to. But Sony was also smart enough to understand what would happen at the end of the year : lots of huge third party titles, making first party games anecdotal.

Without the "Xbox One's Uncharted" narrative, TR has been dropped by MS and is kinda sent out to die. The PC and PS4 early announcement made it even worse, and make me wonder about MS and SE/CD relationship. I hope we'll get details about this deal sooner or later. It's been catastrophic right from the start, and I hope it won't kill one of the most historical IPs in gaming... 

Pretty sure someone, somewhere, is regretting this and will end up fired. 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
John2290 said:

thats still going on, but from what i hear, team C is giving team V a massive pounding. 

What a post to read first thing in the morning, epic. Ha! :D

Bryank75 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
I remember when Tomb Raider was about figuring out how the hell to move forward by discovering where to jump, climb, find levers, etc. Good times.

That was back when games were unique, we are going into the homogenised times where everything becomes bland and featureless. Each just a shadow of another. 

Oh please, Tomb Raider 1 is unplayable today, the controls were absolutely horrible and feel outdated just a year after the game was released, I already though the game was clunky as hell in 1997. All the other Tomb raiders until Legends and anniversary were shit, and even those 2 were not mindblowing. TR was the reboot the franchise needed and a great game. And now this looks even better.

The nostalgia goggles make us say pretty dumb things from time to time.

And people that says TB is a shadow of Uncharted makes me laugh, where do people thinks games like Uncharted come from?

HoloDust said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
I remember when Tomb Raider was about figuring out how the hell to move forward by discovering where to jump, climb, find levers, etc. Good times.

There's a good article on EG about old TRs - and very warm feeling in my heart at how much people in comment section prefer old TRs to this new...thing.

Nostalgia goggles. Before Tomb Raider Legend, magazines were giving Tomb Raider mediocre reviews and saying that the series needed to die.  I personally jumped for joy when Crystal Dynamics took the reigns and rebooted the series (the first time).  I bought every TR on PS1 and it was going downhill due to its inability to evolve. TR Angel of Darkness almost killed me!

Goodnightmoon said:
Bryank75 said:

That was back when games were unique, we are going into the homogenised times where everything becomes bland and featureless. Each just a shadow of another. 

Oh please, Tomb Raider 1 is unplayable today, the controls were absolutely horrible and feel outdated just a year after the game was released, I already though the game was clunky as hell in 1997. All the other Tomb raiders until Legends and anniversary were shit, and even those 2 were not mindblowing. TR was the reboot the franchise needed and a great game. And now this looks even better.

The nostalgia glasses make us say pretty dumb things from time to time.

And people that says TB is a shadow of Uncharted makes me laugh, where do people thinks games like Uncharted come from?

Wtf? Are you..... me?

d21lewis said:
Goodnightmoon said:

The nostalgia glasses make us say pretty dumb things from time to time.

Wtf? Are you..... me?

Yes, I´m you, and we really need to take our medication now :P