By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 5 is Fantastic!

pokoko said:
There is a good chance we'll see an FPS hit 90+ in just a few weeks, actually. Borderlands, Far Cry, and Deus Ex all have a realistic chance, as well, if they're built and optimized for for current gen rather than just using last gen frameworks.

However, heavily linear FPS games are probably capped lower. They're being passed by their more open brethren in terms of popularity and critical reception.

and what FPS is that supposed to be? Black Ops 3 certainly won't. The last 90+ CoD was MW2.
Battlefront.... after all we know of missing content etc. it would be a miracle.

Fallout 4 will most likely, but it's as much FPS as it is TPS. And then the rest which is nothing close to a traditional FPS. Especially Deus Ex.

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
I've watched the last few missions in a walkthrough, that's enough for me.

Thats a sad way to experince your games. Theres a difference between watching and playing. If you dont like the Single player then play the Multiplayer. I personally loved the campaign.

I'm only passed the two first missions in legendary, but its of to a great start. It connected very well with the end of Halo 4 and if you've played it, the story so far is easy to follow. And Warzone.... this is how i like MP to be! Frantic, fun, and tactical.

Btw, I have realized what every Halo game should have: An intro retelling the events of the previous Halo games.

I don't mean to offend anyone here, but I would like to read the opinion of someone who isn't known to already love everything XBox...

Cause even though I was hoping this would be from someone who isn't XBox centric, I knew when I clicked that it wasn't going to be so.

Nothing really wrong with enjoying the game, but it's also not surprising to see someone who's known for enjoying everything XBox praising the game. And it the same vein, it's hard for me to consider this kind of input on the game as having an ounce of impartiality... :/

Around the Network
Barozi said:
pokoko said:
There is a good chance we'll see an FPS hit 90+ in just a few weeks, actually. Borderlands, Far Cry, and Deus Ex all have a realistic chance, as well, if they're built and optimized for for current gen rather than just using last gen frameworks.

However, heavily linear FPS games are probably capped lower. They're being passed by their more open brethren in terms of popularity and critical reception.

and what FPS is that supposed to be? Black Ops 3 certainly won't. The last 90+ CoD was MW2.
Battlefront.... after all we know of missing content etc. it would be a miracle.

Fallout 4 will most likely, but it's as much FPS as it is TPS. And then the rest which is nothing close to a traditional FPS. Especially Deus Ex.

I always forget that some people play Fallout as a TPS.  Fair point.  I think vastly more people play it FPS--it's always been intended to be FPS, with the TPS being a clunky option--but there probably are people who only play it TPS.  I'm still going to think of it as an FPS, though.

As for an FPS being traditional or not, I don't really care.  If it's first-person and you shoot people, it's an FPS. 

Gonna play it today. I got the digital dl and two limited edition controllers!

Hynad said:

I don't mean to offend anyone here, but I would like to read the opinion of someone who isn't known to already love everything XBox...

Cause even though I was hoping this would be from someone who isn't XBox centric, I knew when I clicked that it wasn't going to be so.

Nothing really wrong with enjoying the game, but it's also not surprising to see someone who's known for enjoying everything XBox praising the game. And it the same vein, it's hard for me to consider this kind of input on the game as having an ounce of impartiality... :/

Feels pretty much like halo 4. If you enjoyed it, you will enjoy this. I haven't tried multiplayer yet though so I can't tell you what warzone is like. 

Azzanation said:
Lafiel said:
I've watched the last few missions in a walkthrough, that's enough for me.

Thats a sad way to experince your games. Theres a difference between watching and playing. If you dont like the Single player then play the Multiplayer. I personally loved the campaign.

well, I never felt the urge to play this franchise, I'm only really interested in it's sound design and to a lesser degree it's story progression

Just got in from work. Halo 5 is sitting at the title screen while I get under the influence.