Forums - Gaming Discussion - PC Gaming vs Console Gaming

What do you prefer

Console 191 67.02%

PC 94 32.98%

Total:285
BasilZero said:
Chazore said:

You've never been to one before?.

Pretty awesome hangouts I'd have to say, back when I was in my early to mid 20's me and my mates would all get together every weekend and have LAN parties where we'd all be hooked up together and play all sorts of co-op/multiplayer games all day long, of course we all work full time jobs now and our tastes have changes a bit so we don't really hang out as much as we used to. Still LAN parties are definitely a fun event to be a part of, especially if you're the one with a USB/storage drive full of games to hand to other friends/folks to save them having to download them instead.

Yeah never got to experience that since I dont know that many people that play games at where I live (and I doubt there's anyone here close to where I live in Curryland that does at all).

Then again it could also be because I didnt get into PC gaming until 2012 XD.

If you ever travel abroad to Europe, you should attend Dreamhack in Jönköping, Sweden. It's a LAN of over 22000 people! You'll definitely find people to play with :D.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

If MS start to publish all of their games on PC and a PC comes around that will last me for as long as 360 did, I would absolutely jump to it since its more versatile.

I made the switch to PC from playing on playstation for so many years and I gotta say I enjoy it better. I do miss being able to sit on the couch with a controller but that's a minor issue. PC can be a hassle to build and costs for a high end system can be intimidated for console users but it's well worth it if you have the money. It sucks that I won't be able to play some of the great ps4 exclusives like uncharted anymore. Having both would be the most ideal. There are way too many advantages/disadvantages to both that would take too long to list.

KungKras said:
ganoncrotch said:

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/System_Link

because lan play isnt possible on console? also while its less popular now on systems lan play is in fewer pc games now to prevent play via things like hamachi instead of official servers

There are tons of immortal LAN PC games that will never get old. UT, WC3, CS 1.6 among others.

If you LAN consoles you're basically stuck playing only Halo all night.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_System_Link_games

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_System_Link_games

no.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:

What PS2 emulation are you using and when it comes to the BIOS file which you are using to interact with the Game itself, what file are you pointing the emulator towards?

Also a BIOS system, while very simple compared to an Operating system like Windows is still by its actions an Operating system, the simplicity of the system doesn't dictate what it is.

I don't need to emulate the BIOS file, I have one that I downloaded off the internet. Which is perfectly legal for me to do so (I don't live in the USA). ;)
Not to mention downloading a BIOS is still a grey area even in the USA.

However, the point stands that outside of a few systems, you don't need a BIOS file because the emulator emulates the BIOS.

A BIOS is not an Operating System.
A PC has a BIOS. It's a "Basic Input Output System".
It is what launches the boot loader to load the operating system and provide an Abstraction layer to various components.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Really people need to stop making meanless comparison what you think is a + for you can be a - for someone else

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Pemalite said:
Lawlight said:

Yeah, because a PC is such a luxury item that people can't afford it, right? PC gaming has a lot of issues, literally.

From a personal perspective, I cannot imagine sitting in a room for hours playing while my significant other is in the living room. On top of that, a desktop is useless these days compared to laptops or tablets. Sure you could get a gaming laptop but that basically doubles the price.

You can put your PC on a TV in the living room.
You can then use Steams big-picture mode and a controller.

Desktops are useless and Laptops/Tablets aren't? What? Is it due to the portability factor? If so, how is gaming on a PS4 whilst on the bus going for you?
You know you can build a Gaming Desktop that is smaller than the Xbox One/Playstation 4, right? right?

And what issues? Steam automagically updates all your games. Windows updates everything else. Everything just "works" for me. Even older games from 20+ years ago, been flawless for years.

Consoles have gotten more complex with more issues (How many games these days have multi-gigabyte patches? lol).
PC has been on a path of efficiency, consolidation and ease of use.

Yes, desktops are useless compared to laptops since you cannot carry it around.

And a gaming desktop that's smaller than a PS4? I'd like to see that.

What issues? lol, I guess all those issues threads on various gaming websites are all fake.

As for patches for console games - those are software patches, not hardware issues.

ganoncrotch said:
KungKras said:

There are tons of immortal LAN PC games that will never get old. UT, WC3, CS 1.6 among others.

If you LAN consoles you're basically stuck playing only Halo all night.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_System_Link_games

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_System_Link_games

no.

None of those are immortal classics. Not even Halo. I'd rather play CS 1.6 only for the rest of my life than having all of those games availible to me. But I won't have to, because I have litterally hundreds of more true classics on my PC.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Having intimately engaged with both for many years... Console by miles. No contest.

Lawlight said:

Yes, desktops are useless compared to laptops since you cannot carry it around.

Then a PS4 is equally as useless according to your logic.
An Xbox One is also as equally as useless.
A Wii U is equally as Useless.
A Playstation 3 is equally as useless.
An Xbox 360 is equally as useless.
Because they cannot  be easily carried around and played "on the go". Again, this is your logic.

If what you say is true and that a Desktop PC is indeed useless... Then something like 60 Million PC gamers using Desktops (On Steam alone) have got it all wrong.
I am afraid your logic has no basis in any kind of reality.

Lawlight said:

And a gaming desktop that's smaller than a PS4? I'd like to see that.

And at your command. Proves you understand very little about the PC market as a whole.

I present to you... A PC that is smaller than a Playstation 4, the Zotac zbox en760. - And there are systems just as small/smaller than this which are equally/even more powerful.
Dual-Core Core i5 Up-to 2.6Ghz. (4 Threads.)
Geforce GTX 860M. (Desktop Geforce 750 Ti equivalent.)
And you could have upwards of 32Gb of Ram.
Pretty competitive with the PS4.

Or hows about AMD's project Quantum?

What about the Gigabyte BRIX even?
AMD APU, Radeon 275X or Intel Core i5 + Geforce 760.

Or hows about a Mini-ITX PC with an 8-core, 16 thread, 64Gb DDR 4 and two Radeon Fury Nano's in crossfire? All under water.

Still think a Desktop is useless?

How about remote play? Use your gaming PC's full power on a tablet, netbook, laptop? Still think a Desktop PC is useless?

How about eyefinity gaming? No other platform provides this.

Or... Hows about Xsplit, streaming, transcoding, folding@home to find the cure for cancer and seti, to find intelligent life on other planets (As it seems it's lacking on this planet if this thread is anything to go by...) WHILST you play a game. Still useless?

Lawlight said:

As for patches for console games - those are software patches, not hardware issues.

I will pretend that you are oblivious to the RROD with the Xbox 360.
The YLOD on the PS3.
Or the battery failing in Cart-based systems, preventing you from saving games.
Or the PSX needing to be tilted due to disc drive wear and tear.
Or the amount of PS2's that suffer optical disc drive failures.
Yes. Because consoles are immune to hardware issues. /smirk

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--