By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PC Gaming vs Console Gaming

What do you prefer

Console 191 67.02%

PC 94 32.98%

Total:285

I use my PC strictly for MMORPG, and other MMOs.
I'm packing a i7 6700k, Geforce GTX 980Ti Super Clocked.

My PS4 is for everything else.

Didn't vote. Need option for Both.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
JNK said:

You cant really use your tv as a screen and need an monitor as well

Wait, what?  

My PC, PS4, PS3, X360, and Wii U are all hooked up to the same TV.

iLikeEggs said:

I don't know why people keep posting these comparisons. If you don't want to build a pc and play games on it, then don't. Just play on your preferred platforms. BUt being ignorant of the diversity and scope of pc gaming is rampant on this site and it's pretty funny it's like some people are on a mission to shed pc gaming in a terrible light due to their console allegiance. it's funny. 

You've noticed that too, huh?  People on this board are either THAT ignorant, or they really do have an agenda.

CladInShadows said:
iLikeEggs said:

I don't know why people keep posting these comparisons. If you don't want to build a pc and play games on it, then don't. Just play on your preferred platforms. BUt being ignorant of the diversity and scope of pc gaming is rampant on this site and it's pretty funny it's like some people are on a mission to shed pc gaming in a terrible light due to their console allegiance. it's funny. 

You've noticed that too, huh?  People on this board are either THAT ignorant, or they really do have an agenda.

All the time. I don't understand why they do it. I own all consoles, as well as a pc that I built myself, and I don't go around parading that system x is better than systems y and z. Even if I had just one system, I still wouldn't do it. I never sit and think to myself about how I own a better piece of media than others and that I should point out the flaws in the other devices. 

The worst part, though, is how almost all of the posts about pc gaming contain so many incorrect "facts"; like needing to spend $1000+, this post with the not hooking up your pc to a tv or not having the "couch experience". My pc is 100x more of a couch experience because it has endless media capabilities and I have a wireless keyboard. I play all games through my tely. the false facts and desperation make me giggle. I also saw someone recently say that pc games are not cheaper than console games; I meant to direct them to the recent capcom hundle bundle, but alas, I failed and forgot to do so

Hi

Pemalite said:

Drop the CPU/GPU combo and go second hand. You can get a second hand quad-core sandy bridge + motherboard, which will give you more performance and save you some cash.

Likewise, forget the Geforce 750, get a second hand Radeon 7850 - 7950 and overclock.

Used Hardware will probl. break faster. So you wont save money in the long run. BTW: Used ps4s are also cheaper so your whole argument just dont count. Overclocking reducing lifespan of you hardware (special with cheap fences) as well

Case can be "free" if you are willing to go to a computer recyclers/store and pick up an old one that's being discarded, or just use a pizza box.

So thats what PC gaming is about? So much hassle just to save some bucks to be able to compete with a console? You know, instead of looking for an ugly old pc case, i can just pick up an ps4 and im fine. Will probl look better then any case below 100 bucks.

Heck you could pick up a whole Quad Core Nahelem or Sandy-Bridge based PC for stuff all these days... And all they want is a GPU upgrade.

You don't have to have an Xbox controller. A $5 keyboard and mouse combo will suffice.

Sorry but cheap 5$ Keyboards and mouse arnt as good quality as 8th gen controllers, so your gaming expierence on pc will be inferior in terms of controls. Why should i hassle with all this, using cheap and second hand hardware, if i can just get an brand new ps4 even cheaper with good quality controller? Why?

You have this thing called "choice" in the PC space.

Yeah, i can get an Ps3, xbo 360, ps4, xbox one, wii u, Nintendo 3ds, Ps Vita. Thats choice too.

Let's not forget either that you don't have to pay for online and you get cheaper games, it kinda helps pay for any hardware.

In the end i guess you will be cheaper on consoles anyway. It always depends on the person though, but you get 60 free games with ps+ per year. Many pc gamer are buyin dozens of cheap pc games on steam sales for even more money then ps+ costs.

Around the Network
iLikeEggs said:
CladInShadows said:

All the time. I don't understand why they do it. I own all consoles, as well as a pc that I built myself, and I don't go around parading that system x is better than systems y and z. Even if I had just one system, I still wouldn't do it. I never sit and think to myself about how I own a better piece of media than others and that I should point out the flaws in the other devices. 

The worst part, though, is how almost all of the posts about pc gaming contain so many incorrect "facts"; like needing to spend $1000+, this post with the not hooking up your pc to a tv or not having the "couch experience". My pc is 100x more of a couch experience because it has endless media capabilities and I have a wireless keyboard. I play all games through my tely. the false facts and desperation make me giggle. I also saw someone recently say that pc games are not cheaper than console games; I meant to direct them to the recent capcom hundle bundle, but alas, I failed and forgot to do so

What's with the persecution complex of certain pc gamers though? Maybe that's natural when one group is larger than the other. For a lot of people it's simply enough to hang out on the couch and play some games by themselves or with friends in party chat. They're simply not interested in modding, emulating, strategy games or mmo's, nor in an overload of old games, indies, and early access games.
Sure you can do the same thing on PC, yet if all you want is to play the latest popular game then consoles are good enough. Consoles are limited, but they're good at what they do.

It's called the paradox of choice. Many options doesn't always mean it's perceived as better.

SvennoJ said:
iLikeEggs said:
CladInShadows said:

What's with the persecution complex of certain pc gamers though? Maybe that's natural when one group is larger than the other. For a lot of people it's simply enough to hang out on the couch and play some games by themselves or with friends in party chat. They're simply not interested in modding, emulating, strategy games or mmo's, nor in an overload of old games, indies, and early access games.
Sure you can do the same thing on PC, yet if all you want is to play the latest popular game then consoles are good enough. Consoles are limited, but they're good at what they do.

It's called the paradox of choice. Many options doesn't always mean it's perceived as better.

Oh yeah. I completely agree. Like I said, I own everything since I try to experience as much as I can---I love my Wii U, SNES, PS4, Xbone, etc.---but my point was that people are always attacking other systems. Why? I have no idea. You're correct. consoles are fine. I own consoles and a pc. But people spread way too much misinformation for some type of agenda that I really do not understand. If you don't like pc gaming and think PS4 is the greatest creation by man, then fine, don't pc game, but you also shouldn't spread false information about it all the time (same with the opposite situation). I am interested in games and experiencing the best, most creative ones; but I am always seeing bickering about which console is best and which one has more flops. it's annoying. I just want to discuss games, and I wish more people wanted to just do the same. 

Hi

CladInShadows said:
iLikeEggs said:

Way to go, to insult all people on this board.

Sprash said:
iLikeEggs said:

Way to go to allow shaming in general.

I know we had our last conversation on my wall but in all hoensty he is definitely right, there is definitely a group of folk on here who love coming in to make it known that they hate PC gaming, that they hate everything it stands for and like Eggs said, you don't ened to come in and proclaim your inner hate for a platform you aren't going tobother with. This site for the longest time has always had it in for PC gaming, anytime there is any new PC news it;s met with dismay or ridicule or mockery, anytime we get something new people mock the platform and wish it came to theirs rather than actually taking notice of the wealth PC has, instead they see their console as completely equal and if not better than PC gaming in general and due to that we get mockery, downplay and dismay all around and it's really getting disgusting.

I can go to some sites with multiplat gaming boards and they aren't anywhere enar as ignorant as this board, to ignore the glaring issues surrounding this site when it comes to something like this disugsts me in general because it means you're way more than willing to crack down on those who want to correct others via facts and information, that you're willing to shame others for standing up against the bigger crowd who does display ignorance, I don't care what you have to say against the subject because afaik you're going to stay a hard on course with what you just said. I'm not a betting man but I know you will definitely defend your stance and those that feign ignorance, I know you will ebcause you don't want to ever admit you dun goofed because that's what a good chunk seem to do on ehre all the time when they decide to face off against PC gaming.

So just for a moment I ask you to stop pretending to be insulted and offended and actually see what's been going on here for a very long time, actually take notice, no don't say you do because I know you don't, take a day, a few minutes or hours to contemplate what you just said because what Eggs said wasn't an insult, it was the honest to god truth.

(And no, no taking this to my wall either, I am not up for hours of going back and forth as to why you think what you think, this gets resolved as of now right here).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Sprash said:
iLikeEggs said:

Way to go to allow shaming in general.

I know we had our last conversation on my wall but in all hoensty he is definitely right, there is definitely a group of folk on here who love coming in to make it known that they hate PC gaming, that they hate everything it stands for and like Eggs said, you don't ened to come in and proclaim your inner hate for a platform you aren't going tobother with. This site for the longest time has always had it in for PC gaming, anytime there is any new PC news it;s met with dismay or ridicule or mockery, anytime we get something new people mock the platform and wish it came to theirs rather than actually taking notice of the wealth PC has, instead they see their console as completely equal and if not better than PC gaming in general and due to that we get mockery, downplay and dismay all around and it's really getting disgusting.

I can go to some sites with multiplat gaming boards and they aren't anywhere enar as ignorant as this board, to ignore the glaring issues surrounding this site when it comes to something like this disugsts me in general because it means you're way more than willing to crack down on those who want to correct others via facts and information, that you're willing to shame others for standing up against the bigger crowd who does display ignorance, I don't care what you have to say against the subject because afaik you're going to stay a hard on course with what you just said. I'm not a betting man but I know you will definitely defend your stance and those that feign ignorance, I know you will ebcause you don't want to ever admit you dun goofed because that's what a good chunk seem to do on ehre all the time when they decide to face off against PC gaming.

So just for a moment I ask you to stop pretending to be insulted and offended and actually see what's been going on here for a very long time, actually take notice, no don't say you do because I know you don't, take a day, a few minutes or hours to contemplate what you jsut said because what Eggs said wasn't an insult, it was the honest to god truth.

"People on this board are either THAT ignorant, or they really do have an agenda."

Yeah, after so many people saying they love both it is out of the question for a third option, people here are either ignorant or have a agenda and by the way that's also including you so I didn't read your comment full of agenda.