By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PC Gaming vs Console Gaming

What do you prefer

Console 191 67.02%

PC 94 32.98%

Total:285
Sprash said:

"People on this board are either THAT ignorant, or they really do have an agenda."

Yeah, after so many people saying they love both it is out of the question for a third option, people here are either ignorant or have a agenda and by the way that's also including you so I didn't read your comment full of agenda.

I know who he's talking about though, you don't and no it;s not including me ebcause I game on PC as my main regardless.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Sprash said:

"People on this board are either THAT ignorant, or they really do have an agenda."

Yeah, after so many people saying they love both it is out of the question for a third option, people here are either ignorant or have a agenda and by the way that's also including you so I didn't read your comment full of agenda.

I know who he's talking about though, you don't and no it;s not including me ebcause I game on PC as my main regardless.

Yeah, like I said I don't want to listen to your agenda :P

PC is always my main platform. If a game is available on PC and consoles, I'll play it on PC because it's cheaper and it's usually a better experience. If the game is a console exclusive, then I'll play it on a console. Simple as that. Considering I have over 200 PC games and barely 30 console games, my consoles are usually collecting dust on the living room.

Sprash said:

Yeah, like I said I don't want to listen to your agenda :P

SO now you're going to just stick your head in the sand and shame others?, because it certainly looks that way and now you're going with "your agenda", what a twist.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

ganoncrotch said:

Emulation as in a program to put the bios and roms of a console into might be legal, as in the actual program that would handle those files.

Ripping the BIOS from a console tho especially something like a SNES is very hard to do and downloading ripped BIOS from the internet is not 100% legal, that console OS software belongs to Nintendo.

As for owning the complete libraries of Roms from those systems.... even if you did have the actual phsical versions of all the games, I still think you aren't legally allowed to back them up onto a PC and play them, emulation of old games isn't legal simple as that, it isn't even a grey area.

Where did I say anything about ripping a BIOS? That's a grey area. You are getting into semantics. ;)
Also a BIOS isn't an OS.
The legalities of Obtaining a BIOS will vary depending on where you live in the world and various legal precedents, for me it is perfectly legal.
Converesly, many emulators don't need a BIOS, they emulate the BIOS.

Fact of the matter is... I can legally play a PS2 game on my PC without consequence. Pop the disk in, fire up the emulator.

JNK said:

Used Hardware will probl. break faster. So you wont save money in the long run. BTW: Used ps4s are also cheaper so your whole argument just dont count. Overclocking reducing lifespan of you hardware (special with cheap fences) as well

Used hardware "might" break faster. Even if it did? So what. It might last decades.
You can buy older components second hand for stuff all these days, if not free.
And PC gaming is still cheaper in the long run if you own a large game library over a period of years. Cheaper games, free online, cheaper accessories does that.

JNK said:

So thats what PC gaming is about? So much hassle just to save some bucks to be able to compete with a console? You know, instead of looking for an ugly old pc case, i can just pick up an ps4 and im fine. Will probl look better then any case below 100 bucks.

It's called choice. If you think PC gaming is all about the hardware, then you are very very wrong and mis-informed.

JNK said:

Sorry but cheap 5$ Keyboards and mouse arnt as good quality as 8th gen controllers, so your gaming expierence on pc will be inferior in terms of controls. Why should i hassle with all this, using cheap and second hand hardware, if i can just get an brand new ps4 even cheaper with good quality controller? Why?

Nothing beats a mouse in terms of accuracy, even a cheap $5 mouse is vastly more accurate and faster than a controller.

The point is, you don't *have* to go second hand to lower the price, you could, but you don't have too. Are you adverse to choice or something?

JNK said:

Yeah, i can get an Ps3, xbo 360, ps4, xbox one, wii u, Nintendo 3ds, Ps Vita. Thats choice too.

Being a PC gamer doesn't prevent you from owning a console. I own several in-fact. My Xbox 360 game collection is only about 180 games large.

JNK said:

In the end i guess you will be cheaper on consoles anyway. It always depends on the person though, but you get 60 free games with ps+ per year. Many pc gamer are buyin dozens of cheap pc games on steam sales for even more money then ps+ costs.

There are hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of free PC games, some are the best games of all time, some even have more gamers playing it than there are PS4 consoles sold currently.

PS+ and your 60 free games aren't really free. You are paying for that.
If you were to spend the amount of cash you would on PS+ subscription for something like... Humble Bundle, you could get hundreds and hundreds of more games a year for the same cost.

Consoles you pay more for games and accessories and for online.
PC you pay more for hardware, but ends up cheaper over time thanks to cheaper games and accessories and free online.

The consoles have low-end hardware anyway, it's not diffuclt to beat. Will be interesting to see if they end up relegated extremely to low-end once AMD releases ZEN and their GPU's transition to 14nm.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Pemalite
http://gamercards.exophase.com/xbox/user/Pemalite

Regardless, you have certainly shown your Pro-Console stance on this topic. So there is that. :P Need someone who has zero leanings or care factor in either direction to truly make a fair comparison as a large portion of your points I disagree on.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Sprash said:
CladInShadows said:
iLikeEggs said:

I don't know why people keep posting these comparisons. If you don't want to build a pc and play games on it, then don't. Just play on your preferred platforms. BUt being ignorant of the diversity and scope of pc gaming is rampant on this site and it's pretty funny it's like some people are on a mission to shed pc gaming in a terrible light due to their console allegiance. it's funny. 

You've noticed that too, huh?  People on this board are either THAT ignorant, or they really do have an agenda.

Way to go, to insult all people on this board.

Thanks, I try!

Anyways, if it makes you feel better, obviously I didn't mean all people.  Otherwise I would have said all.  But anyways, my bad.  

That being said, there's a certain level of insecurity on this board that cause a lot of people to downplay and talk shit about things they don't own.  And it happens with all platform owners.  But it seems that console owners like to band together to defeat the supreme evil that is the PC gaming community. 

Like I've said in other threads, I have no stake in this "war". I don't care who wins. I game on PC and multiple consoles.  I win.  By gaming. But it's hard to just sit idly by when people spout generalizations and falsehoods because they want to feel better about not gaming on a certain system.

SvennoJ said:

What's with the persecution complex of certain pc gamers though? 

That's not exclusive to PC gamers.

CladInShadows said:
Sprash said:
CladInShadows said:
iLikeEggs said:

I don't know why people keep posting these comparisons. If you don't want to build a pc and play games on it, then don't. Just play on your preferred platforms. BUt being ignorant of the diversity and scope of pc gaming is rampant on this site and it's pretty funny it's like some people are on a mission to shed pc gaming in a terrible light due to their console allegiance. it's funny. 

You've noticed that too, huh?  People on this board are either THAT ignorant, or they really do have an agenda.

Way to go, to insult all people on this board.

Thanks, I try!

Anyways, if it makes you feel better, obviously I didn't mean all people.  Otherwise I would have said all.  But anyways, my bad.  

That being said, there's a certain level of insecurity on this board that cause a lot of people to downplay and talk shit about things they don't own.  And it happens with all platform owners.  But it seems that console owners like to band together to defeat the supreme evil that is the PC gaming community. 

Like I've said in other threads, I have no stake in this "war". I don't care who wins. I game on PC and multiple consoles.  I win.  By gaming. But it's hard to just sit idly by when people spout generalizations and falsehoods because they want to feel better about not gaming on a certain system.

Yeah, because a PC is such a luxury item that people can't afford it, right? PC gaming has a lot of issues, literally.

From a personal perspective, I cannot imagine sitting in a room for hours playing while my significant other is in the living room. On top of that, a desktop is useless these days compared to laptops or tablets. Sure you could get a gaming laptop but that basically doubles the price.

Lawlight said:

Yeah, because a PC is such a luxury item that people can't afford it, right? PC gaming has a lot of issues, literally.

From a personal perspective, I cannot imagine sitting in a room for hours playing while my significant other is in the living room. On top of that, a desktop is useless these days compared to laptops or tablets. Sure you could get a gaming laptop but that basically doubles the price.

You can put your PC on a TV in the living room.
You can then use Steams big-picture mode and a controller.

Desktops are useless and Laptops/Tablets aren't? What? Is it due to the portability factor? If so, how is gaming on a PS4 whilst on the bus going for you?
You know you can build a Gaming Desktop that is smaller than the Xbox One/Playstation 4, right? right?

And what issues? Steam automagically updates all your games. Windows updates everything else. Everything just "works" for me. Even older games from 20+ years ago, been flawless for years.

Consoles have gotten more complex with more issues (How many games these days have multi-gigabyte patches? lol).
PC has been on a path of efficiency, consolidation and ease of use.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Lawlight said:
CladInShadows said:

Thanks, I try!

Yeah, because a PC is such a luxury item that people can't afford it, right? PC gaming has a lot of issues, literally. - I'm not sure what that has to do with what I just said.

I cannot imagine sitting in a room for hours playing while my significant other is in the living room - Well it's a good thing you don't need to do that with a PC.

On top of that, a desktop is useless these days compared to laptops or tablets - How so?  Please explain.