By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Halo 5: Guardians Metacritic/review thread - Currently at 84 Meta

Tagged games:

iceland said:
Cloudman said:
Looks like it's off to a pretty good start. I'll go with 92

You're clearly sniffing some pencil dust or something

92 is like outta reach

More like lead crust. You want some? It smells fine ; )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

I guessed 90 but seems to be around Halo 4's 86-87 meta. I thought the Single Player would have been the best part of the game but seems as if 343 really focused on the MP which they have done a fantastic job. Best Halo MP outdoing the classics. As for the campaign, its still great fun, I have enjoyed both aspects of the game. I wouldn't base your purchase on Metacritic. There are troll reviews that also get added to the total score, like the review that gave Forza Horizon 2 a 2/10.

This is my favourite Halo game so far and I recommend it to those who love Halo (of course) and to every FPS sci-fi fan. Gorgeous game and best FPS game mechanics out there.

I should have followed my heart but the hype of some make me score it higher than I first thought.

Guitarguy said:
Mid-80s is still very good for a console exclusive.

console exclusive? is it on PC or will be coming to it?

DanCarreras said:
Hey all!

Our review is live, along with our first ever video review:

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/261687/halo-5-guardians-xbox-one/

The game's good, real good.

Nice review.

Around the Network

86 is an excellent score and I believe it will settle in the range of 84-86. However, I have to admit that it feels kind of off putting that Xbox One doesn't have a single 90+ exclusive after two years. I expected that this would be the one. Kind of curious what the longevity of the MP will be. Will be interesting to examine sometime next year.

Wagram said:

86 is an excellent score and I believe it will settle in the range of 84-86. However, I have to admit that it feels kind of off putting that Xbox One doesn't have a single 90+ exclusive after two years. I expected that this would be the one. Kind of curious what the longevity of the MP will be. Will be interesting to examine sometime next year.

personally, I am extremely upset that neither Ori or Forza Horizon 2 received 90+, it's a real scandal of you ask me.

Puppyroach said:

personally, I am extremely upset that neither Ori or Forza Horizon 2 received 90+, it's a real scandal of you ask me.

Ori is a game I really would like to get to at some point. I've heard great things.

Angelv577 said:
Guitarguy said:
Mid-80s is still very good for a console exclusive.

That is quite ambiguous at this stage but at the time of writing my original statement I did not consider the PC at all. In other words, ignore the word 'console' in my original statement :P

Guitarguy said:
Angelv577 said:

That is quite ambiguous at this stage but at the time of writing my original statement I did not consider the PC at all. In other words, ignore the word 'console' in my original statement :P

I had a feeling it was a typo, I was just messing with you