By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Halo 5: Guardians Metacritic/review thread - Currently at 84 Meta

Tagged games:

Torillian said:
hudsoniscool said:
I got the game as a 9.5/10. Best mp in the series. The single player lets down mainly due to crap characters but it's still solid, and btw anyone claiming the game sp is the shortest in the series obviously hasn't played it. It's clearly longer than 3 and 4.

"Mmmmm, well that's ur opinion that the mp isn't that good but don't state that as a fact please. The vast majority would disagree with u on that one. It's right up there with halo 2 and clearly better than halo 4's lackluster mp."

Ironic given you just stated "anyone claiming the game sp is the shortest in the series obviously hasn't played it. It's clearly longer than 3 and 4." as a fact when the majority would disagree with you:

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=19267 Halo 5 - 7 hours

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=4265 Halo 4 - 8 hours

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=4263 Halo 3 - 9 hours

Unless you have some better source of information I don' see how you're doing anything different than what you accuse Ethomaz of.  

And ur right I should have said it was my OPPINION. I'm just sick of this one user sandbagging and defaming a great game repeatedly all over these forums. The user obviously has an agenda. There's probably been 100 posts or more slamming the game game from the user and it just gets frustrating.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network

I only listen to ppl who have put a lot of time in the games I play. H5 is a very good game and I'm having fun trying to get all the helmets and armor. I've yet to finish the campaign so i can't speak on it but from what I've played it's decent. Kinda lost in the story tho.

I wouldn't listen to anyone here who doesn't even have the system nor game they're being critical of. Lots of Gaf opinions brought over here like it's their on. Hilarious

hudsoniscool said:
Torillian said:

"Mmmmm, well that's ur opinion that the mp isn't that good but don't state that as a fact please. The vast majority would disagree with u on that one. It's right up there with halo 2 and clearly better than halo 4's lackluster mp."

Ironic given you just stated "anyone claiming the game sp is the shortest in the series obviously hasn't played it. It's clearly longer than 3 and 4." as a fact when the majority would disagree with you:

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=19267 Halo 5 - 7 hours

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=4265 Halo 4 - 8 hours

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=4263 Halo 3 - 9 hours

Unless you have some better source of information I don' see how you're doing anything different than what you accuse Ethomaz of.  

And ur right I should have said it was my OPPINION. I'm just sick of this one user sandbagging and defaming a great game repeatedly all over these forums. The user obviously has an agenda. There's probably been 100 posts or more slamming the game game from the user and it just gets frustrating.

I understand, my apologies if I seemed overly abbrasive, I just found the two posts one right after another entertaining and felt like commenting.  

TheSting said:
I only listen to ppl who have put a lot of time in the games I play. H5 is a very good game and I'm having fun trying to get all the helmets and armor. I've yet to finish the campaign so i can't speak on it but from what I've played it's decent. Kinda lost in the story tho.

I wouldn't listen to anyone here who doesn't even have the system nor game they're being critical of. Lots of Gaf opinions brought over here like it's their on. Hilarious

I'm with u. I've beaten the game once and I'm Sr. Level 40 dimond in 3 playlists and onyx in 3. It's a great game the mp is a 10/10 for me the sp is probably a 8.25/10. If u don't know the lore it can be hard to follow. Love the cutscenes tho, and the openness of the game.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Halo 5 actually is shorter than 3 on normal. Except maybe you search for really everything. But on legendary?
It took me over four hours yesterday to fight the three warden eternals at once.
The other encounters where pretty short if you know how to though.

While i don't like the team AI, i remember many gamers complaining about Gears 3 because of the team AI doing to much even on highest difficulty.
So while i don't want the AI to do the whole job, it's outright dumb in Halo 5.

Around the Network
captain carot said:
Halo 5 actually is shorter than 3 on normal. Except maybe you search for really everything. But on legendary?
It took me over four hours yesterday to fight the three warden eternals at once.

While i don't like the team AI, i remember many gamers complaining about Gears 3 because of the team AI doing to much even on highest difficulty.

I'm not that far into campaign yet and have only had a few frustrating moments with team AI but I will say it's nicer when they do revive you rather than having to automatically go back to last checkpoint like previous halo games. 

hudsoniscool said:
People who expect new games In a series to match its predecessors scores are going to be disappointed. Reviewer are much harsher then they used to be and especially so on sequels. Just look at the scores of other new sequels.
Batman AK. Mid 80's even tho it's no worse than Arkham city.
Fallout 4 mid 80's. Black ops 3 has an 81 I believe even tho the consensus(I haven't played it yet) is that it's the best one in years. Look at the witcher 3, it's got a similar score to witcher 2 even tho it's vastly better. Dragon age won game of the year last year even tho it had what a 90. And the same goes for 5. The consensus seams to be that it's better than halo 4(87) and reach(91).
For new games and especially sequels the following is true in my OPPINION.
80 is the new 84-87
85 is the new 89-92
90 is the new 94-97
95 is the new 98+

I won't talk about Halo but just about the reviewers being harsher... that is not true.
And a lot of games shows that... MGS, Tomb Raider, GTA, TLOU, Bloodborne, The Witcher 3, etc...
So I disagree with that until somebody can prove the opposite.

hollabackenny said:
captain carot said:

I'm not that far into campaign yet and have only had a few frustrating moments with team AI but I will say it's nicer when they do revive you rather than having to automatically go back to last checkpoint like previous halo games. 

That's right if they revive you and not push you in sight of a sniper or run into the blade of that warden eternal...

I've had two or three moments in the game where i send the team to death and glory because they shoved me in the line of fire repeatedly.

And that in a campaign that's more designed for a team in SP than ever. Tah's nice if you play coop. It fits better while running around with two Spartans on the first Halo or fighting the final mission in Reach with three friends always felt pretty weird. It's not so great if AI sucks on legendary.

@ethomaz: Tomb Raider didn't get that high ratings. Kojima games are always rated high (oppinion: totally overrated) as are Naughty Dog and Rockstar.

Last of Us and GTA V where last gen ports as well.

That basically leaves Bloodborne and Witcher 3.