By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Halo 5: Guardians Metacritic/review thread - Currently at 84 Meta

Tagged games:

I just beat the campaign for Halo 5. It took me 11 hours and 52 minutes. I beat the first 2 and a half missions on legendary with a friend. I then finished the rest of the game solo on heroic. Yes, I spent some time looking for intel (75/117), and I only found 1 skull. Anyone that beat the game in less than 5 hours must have played on easy or normal without looking for any collectibles, and literally rushed through the game. If I played solo all the way through on heroic , it would have taken probably around 9-10 hours.

Btw, the campaign wasn't bad, I enjoyed it, but not as good as previous Halo's.

Around the Network

Meta is now 84 because of Gamecritics who punished the lack of split screen and the disappointing single player with a 55

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
Meta is now 84 because of Gamecritics who punished the lack of split screen and the disappointing single player with a 55

In all honesty I understand that many people are disappointed with the game. I found the story to be lacking and the lack of splitscreen to be annoying.

Im sorry but theres no fucking way that Halo 5 is an "average" game.

Yay!!!

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Aerys said:

In all honesty I understand that many people are disappointed with the game. I found the story to be lacking and the lack of splitscreen to be annoying.

84 is no average, Watching Dogs was not average

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:

84 is no average, Watching Dogs was not average

I wasnt talking about "84" im talking about "55"

Yay!!!

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:

honestly me either

- extremely short compaign.

- bad story

- false advertisment about the story

- no split screen

- no forge or big team mode

- dumb AI

- same boss for 6 times (WTF SERIOSULY?!). if this happened in any other game it would have been dumped on.

- Microtransactions seriously fucked the unlock system. its simply broken like this. 

- a weird desgin choice were aiming/moving horizontally is faster than vertically. 

it honestly feels this game just got its scores because its halo. with fanboy reviewers slapping it 10's, 9,5's and 9's. (5 reviews gave this game a 10, really?, and that IGN reviewer who said its the WORST halo 5 SP ever gave it a 9, LOL). 

people can hate on me if they want, but even reviewers dont seem to deny that these are all issues, yet seem to disregard them all when giving that final score. 

You can nit pick all of its flaws and you still get a product vastly superior than most games.

The campaign is short but and enjoyable and many will replay it. A short campaign is better than a long boring one.

The story is good and cutscenes fantastic, I get the impression people saying this aren't playing the games. Angry complained about story and clearly isn't following it, he didn't finish 4.

Agreed, on misleading advertising.

No split screen sucks but is common in most games. Its a plus for that have it, Halo 5 is only game losing points for not offering it.

Forge and big team are coming. Big team is coming very soon actually, like maybe days?

Dumb AI is something new in games? I've certainly seen worse.

That isn't really a boss battle per se, its just battle done in the game a few times. Not as many times as Angry Joe lead you to believe.

The unlock system always took a lot of time to unlock everything. There is more content in Halo 5 but you can't buy the exact items you want.

I'm not sure what the complaints about the aiming system are. It feels fine to me.

I think some critics are giving it a better score than it deserves and some are doing the opposite. A perfect score is ridiculous but a bad score like 55 is even more ridiculous. You want to beleive the game sucks though so you sdie with the negative scores.

This could have been a better game and it will be when more content comes, but its still my pick for best shooter of the year.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Despite the fact that all signs point to a solid overall Halo experience. 84 is quite the fall for a prestigious series.

Wagram said:
Despite the fact that all signs point to a solid overall Halo experience. 84 is quite the fall for a prestigious series.

Seems fair to me. I personally rate it 7.5/10 and I've never rated a Halo game below 9 before. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I'll rate when they put everything in. Haven't completed the campaigns but I'm enjoying the hell out of Arena and Swat

Mr Puggsly said:
bananaking21 said:

honestly me either

- extremely short compaign.

- bad story

- false advertisment about the story

- no split screen

- no forge or big team mode

- dumb AI

- same boss for 6 times (WTF SERIOSULY?!). if this happened in any other game it would have been dumped on.

- Microtransactions seriously fucked the unlock system. its simply broken like this. 

- a weird desgin choice were aiming/moving horizontally is faster than vertically. 

it honestly feels this game just got its scores because its halo. with fanboy reviewers slapping it 10's, 9,5's and 9's. (5 reviews gave this game a 10, really?, and that IGN reviewer who said its the WORST halo 5 SP ever gave it a 9, LOL). 

people can hate on me if they want, but even reviewers dont seem to deny that these are all issues, yet seem to disregard them all when giving that final score. 

You can nit pick all of its flaws and you still get a product vastly superior than most games.

The campaign is short but and enjoyable and many will replay it. A short campaign is better than a long boring one.

The story is good and cutscenes fantastic, I get the impression people saying this aren't playing the games. Angry complained about story and clearly isn't following it, he didn't finish 4.

Agreed, on misleading advertising.

No split screen sucks but is common in most games. Its a plus for that have it, Halo 5 is only game losing points for not offering it.

Forge and big team are coming. Big team is coming very soon actually, like maybe days?

Dumb AI is something new in games? I've certainly seen worse.

That isn't really a boss battle per se, its just battle done in the game a few times. Not as many times as Angry Joe lead you to believe.

The unlock system always took a lot of time to unlock everything. There is more content in Halo 5 but you can't buy the exact items you want.

I'm not sure what the complaints about the aiming system are. It feels fine to me.

I think some critics are giving it a better score than it deserves and some are doing the opposite. A perfect score is ridiculous but a bad score like 55 is even more ridiculous. You want to beleive the game sucks though so you sdie with the negative scores.

This could have been a better game and it will be when more content comes, but its still my pick for best shooter of the year.

Siperior to what games,even worse games? Halo 5 is notjing more than a generic,bland,boring and average shooter.It's fine if you like it,nut it is not a great game by any measure.