By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Halo 5: Guardians Metacritic/review thread - Currently at 84 Meta

Tagged games:

85-86 is a good score for Halo 5, This game campaign had pretty high hype level, it's only natural that it would failed to live up to the high expectation. The reviews are expressing their opinion for the game campaign failure to live up to high expectation. Still a must own on Xbox One.

Around the Network
yvanjean said:
85-86 is a good score for Halo 5, This game campaign had pretty high hype level, it's only natural that it would failed to live up to the high expectation. The reviews are expressing their opinion for the game campaign failure to live up to high expectation. Still a must own on Xbox One.

I think this is what happened. I have a feeling I will thoroughly enjoy the whole package though :).

yvanjean said:

85 is decent for Halo. Its good enough that it means most people will enjoy the game. The issue is Halo is supposed to be THE reason to get an Xbox over Playstation. I do see an 85 game having that effect. You want your console's killer ap to be over 90.

Are the people on here saying 85 is fine for Halo 5 going to say the same thing if UC4 gets a similiar score? I doupt it.

I think your last sentace kind gets at what I am saying. "A must own on Xbox one". Halo should be a must own period. It should be the game that makes you need to get an Xbox. Not just the game if you have an Xbox you need to pick up.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

BraLoD said:
85 with 39 reviews.
This game should have about 70 - 80 reviews.

Considering the trend of most games, it'll settle around what is it now, give or take one point (usually games drop that one point in the end).

Well it's a solid score, specially to a first party game this gen, but a bit low for THE first party game of XBOX.
But the game changed hands, so it's understandable.

I wonder if this'll happen to some big PS first party games as well.
GT already started to drop last gen, GoW too, but was with a prequel like the portable ones, who knows, but the one we already saw this gen I really can't see not being a 90+, possible in the middle to high 90s, that's Uncharted 4, it has quite the good previous impressions.

LittleBigPlanet 3 is the most noticable I guess? :P
Infamous Second Son scored lower than 1 and 2 and Killzone Shadow Fall only beat the first one by three points. Games this generation are expected to break new grounds more than visually, that's my take on it at least.
There hasn't really been any negative about Halo 5 until the entire campaign was playable so it is possible (although highly unlikely) that Uncharted 4 will score in the 80's just like Halo 5. We will have to wait and see

walsufnir said:
Aerys said:
Well i guess Im not the only one who likes split screen

Of course not. How many games do you have which allow split-screen? And could you name them?

" they removed one of the best feature of Halo but it's okay because some other games dont have it " -_-

Fortunately, there are real fans who wouldnt like that on their game , like Mario Kart fans, i dont think they would like if local versus was replaced by online versus

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Currently at 85. Very close to NDC at 87. I see Halo settling around 85 or 86. Possibly tying Uncharted at 87.

I realy hope that the Halo 5 Multiplayer will work fine from day 1. Some Reviewers are waiting until the multiplayer goes live before they put a score, i mean, MCC Fiasco burned a lot of sites on their reviews...
If the multiplayer works fine, than i can see a score of 84-87, but if Halo get multiplayer problems...dude.... this will be bad for Halo final score...

Polygon engaged white knight mode
http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/26/9616468/halo-5-story-ending

I'm waiting for GameCritics to give this a 40. Then I'll shit 💩 from my nose 😂

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
maverick40 said:

Pretty much what I've heard from a few reviewers, mutiplayer is good but campaign is a let down which is the opposite of what I want to hear.