By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Halo 5: Guardians Metacritic/review thread - Currently at 84 Meta

Tagged games:

Why are people making a fuss about this score? 86% is very good. It seems like for some people anything below 90% is unplayable.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:

So your argument is that destiny has a crappy SP and a good MP since that's what the reviews said or? Btw, it seems the MP is getting rave reviews :).

No. Read first the Destiny or Halo threads... most Halo fans said what make Halo better than Destiny is the campaign/story.

That is just a slap in some faces.

Story isn't that important to a video game however. Video games are mainly suppose to be about fun and some of these developers are trying to make video games into a form of medium it isn't. There is a reason why Halo, Gears, Minecraft, COD and more are so successful. Sure there is games like gta and such with a story, but I guarantee you most people play it because of the gameplay and not the story.

Alkibiádēs said:
Why are people making a fuss about this score? 86% is very good. It seems like for some people anything below 90% is unplayable.

It is 85 and like others games it will get down at end... maybe 83 or 84.

ethomaz said:
Puppyroach said:

So your argument is that destiny has a crappy SP and a good MP since that's what the reviews said or? Btw, it seems the MP is getting rave reviews :).

No. Read first the Destiny or Halo threads... most Halo fans said what make Halo better than Destiny is the campaign/story.

In my view it IS what makes Halo a superior game. Just as you shouldn't care what reviewers say about destiny. But since you are using reviews for Halo to justify Halo having a bad SP, shouldn't you then base your opinion on the Destiny SP of what the reviews say?

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Puppyroach said:

Halo 5 campaign/story isn't being compare to the Destiny campaign/story if it was Halo 5 would be receiving outstanding reviews. Halo 5 bench mark is past Halo games and the story/campaign just doesn't live up to the legacy.  

Puppyroach said:

In my view it IS what makes Halo a superior game. Just as you shouldn't care what reviewers say about destiny. But since you are using reviews for Halo to justify Halo having a bad SP, shouldn't you then base your opinion on the Destiny SP of what the reviews say?

Destiny's story was always somthing akward told by grimories... there is story there but the story telling was always terrible.
What you are trying to say? I found it funny people said the reason to Halo be better was the story/campaign be so much better than Destiny and to be fair TTK story could be even better than Halo 5 from what I read from reviews.

That is my point... what the Halo guys here trying to criticized in Destiny or used like strong argument for Halo ended being the weakest point of Halo 5... seems like the MP is what hold the Halo 5 scores so far.

yvanjean said:

Halo 5 campaign/story isn't being compare to the Destiny campaign/story if it was this Halo 5 would be receiving outstanding reviews. Halo 5 bench mark is past Halo games and the story/campaign just doesn't live up to the legacy.  

Funny how you guys (or Polygon) is trying to spin of defend what Halo 5 did wrong.

Halo 4: good SP / bad MP
Halo 5: bad SP / good MP

See what happened...

BTW if you have a 9-10 MP together with a 6-7 SP you will end with a 8-8.5 avg. score, no? That is what is happening with Halo 5 here.

Ali_16x said:
jason1637 said:

metal gera got that and it isnt even that good.

For one, that's just your opinion and second have you even played the game? I thought you only owned a Wii U.

played it on ps3.

ethomaz said:
yvanjean said:

Halo 5 campaign/story isn't being compare to the Destiny campaign/story if it was this Halo 5 would be receiving outstanding reviews. Halo 5 bench mark is past Halo games and the story/campaign just doesn't live up to the legacy.  

Funny how you guys (or Polygon) is trying to spin of defend what Halo 5 did wrong.

Halo 4: good SP / bad MP
Halo 5: bad SP / good MP

Se what happened...

I think you might be misguided... the Halo 5 SP is only good and not great. It's kind of far fetch to call it bad. Destiny SP on the other hand was really bad.