By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 5 will sell 7.3 Million this year (Prediction)

Will it?

Yes 126 10.05%

No 438 34.93%

Maybe 93 7.42%

You're crazy 317 25.28%

I don't know 24 1.91%

Halo is dead 225 17.94%

team chief 24 1.91%

team locke 7 0.56%

Total:1,254
Chris Hu said:
DonFerrari said:
Chris Hu said:

Attach rate is actually a better measure of a games success then copies sold.

So GT5 is the biggest success on the franchise and the prologue at the time launched would trump all?

I still think the first two are the most successful in the franchise since neither one had any bundles.  Also GT 5 Prologue had a really slow start it only sold 217K units in its first 10 weeks.  But Considering it was probably one of the least expensive GT games to make since its launched with very little condent and didn't get a lot of extra condent via DLC it was probably the most profitable GT game.

if you take away the Bundle sales of Forza 5, and Forza 6, so you would cut more than 50% of the sales.

Around the Network
Swordmasterman said:
Chris Hu said:
DonFerrari said:
Chris Hu said:

Attach rate is actually a better measure of a games success then copies sold.

So GT5 is the biggest success on the franchise and the prologue at the time launched would trump all?

I still think the first two are the most successful in the franchise since neither one had any bundles.  Also GT 5 Prologue had a really slow start it only sold 217K units in its first 10 weeks.  But Considering it was probably one of the least expensive GT games to make since its launched with very little condent and didn't get a lot of extra condent via DLC it was probably the most profitable GT game.

if you take away the Bundle sales of Forza 5, and Forza 6, so you would cut more than 50% of the sales.

Neither of those bundles are tracked on vgcharts since they both came with digital copies and vgcharts doesn't track digital sales.  If you really think it got bundled that much then you can actually increase the sales of both games by 50%.

Chris Hu said:
Swordmasterman said:

Neither of those bundles are tracked on vgcharts since they both came with digital copies and vgcharts doesn't track digital sales.  If you really think it got bundled that much then you can actually increase the sales of both games by 50%.

VGC tracks copies that come in bundles even if it's digital codes. It just doesn't track digital sales through digital storefronts. If you need any proof, just look at Assassin's Creed Unity's sales on XBO.

Chris Hu said:

Pure profitabily it is GT 5 Prolouge sales and attachment ratio its pretty much a tie for the first two GT games (no bundles and more of the copies where sold at full retail price).  Best game overall is still GT4 even though there are ton of people that love GT3 which I don't get it is more bare bone then even FM5 without and of the DLC.

You want to compare a Gen 6 to a Gen 8 game?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Teeqoz said:
Chris Hu said:

VGC tracks copies that come in bundles even if it's digital codes. It just doesn't track digital sales through digital storefronts. If you need any proof, just look at Assassin's Creed Unity's sales on XBO.

Well even if that is the case I doubt that 50% of FM5 and FM6 sales came via bundles.  Almost no games get bundled that much.  All the FM6 bundles sold out long ago and there wheren't that many FM5 bundles either.  As far as I know not all digital bundles get counted.

Around the Network

Wow this thread has been going from GT to Forza to Mario kart. Pretty funny how off topic its been,
Anyway on the Forza thing, horizon 2 sold 527k in the first 10 weeks and 227k FW while Forza 6 sold 607k in 10 weeks and 210k fw. I know one is more arcade and the other is more of a sim but the fanbase is essential the same. And it looks like this Forza game is gonna outsell horizon 2. If they continue on this path then we could see an increase yoy in sales. BTW I'm not speaking about Forza 5 because it was a launch title.

Anyways as for Halo 5 i could see that it isn't the series it used to be and could end up around 5.5 in the end of the year with digital. With those numbers it's still has a really good attack rate but it isn't what it used to be. I hope MS gives us real sales numbers because i am interested in its digital sales.

Chris Hu said:
Teeqoz said:

Well even if that is the case I doubt that 50% of FM5 and FM6 sales came via bundles.  Almost no games get bundled that much.  All the FM6 bundles sold out long ago and there wheren't that many FM5 bundles either.  As far as I know not all digital bundles get counted.

Also the bundle was a LE. 

DonFerrari said:
Chris Hu said:

Pure profitabily it is GT 5 Prolouge sales and attachment ratio its pretty much a tie for the first two GT games (no bundles and more of the copies where sold at full retail price).  Best game overall is still GT4 even though there are ton of people that love GT3 which I don't get it is more bare bone then even FM5 without and of the DLC.

You want to compare a Gen 6 to a Gen 8 game?

What is wrong with comparing a Gen 6 to a Gen 8 game contend wise.

Swordmasterman said:

Granturismo 6's launch were very good, it released in 5 December, and in 7 December it already had sold over 900k at Retail, the problem of selling a game in the end cicle of the Console is that it hurts the Leg sales, that GT Showed to have long legs, without any release  of the game in 2014 they said the  franchise had over 70-71 Millions sold, and now have over 76.5 Millions units sold.

like The Last of Us, the  Remaster sold more than 3 Millions isn't it ?, this helped to give legs for the game and for the people Play The Last of Us, Already with a new generation System, that is Playstation 4, i think that the Next GT, if is not a Prologue, will have 8 or + Millions of Life time Sales, already is a good thing if you compare for How Poor Racing games are selling nowdays, with Need for Speed, and Forza 6.

That's what I meant by timing. The PS4 had already launched and like you said, GT games always have good legs. But excuses aside, at this moment in time it has sold less that 5M which isn't great for  a GT game.

jason1637 said:
Wow this thread has been going from GT to Forza to Mario kart. Pretty funny how off topic its been,
Anyway on the Forza thing, horizon 2 sold 527k in the first 10 weeks and 227k FW while Forza 6 sold 607k in 10 weeks and 210k fw. I know one is more arcade and the other is more of a sim but the fanbase is essential the same. And it looks like this Forza game is gonna outsell horizon 2. If they continue on this path then we could see an increase yoy in sales. BTW I'm not speaking about Forza 5 because it was a launch title.

Anyways as for Halo 5 i could see that it isn't the series it used to be and could end up around 5.5 in the end of the year with digital. With those numbers it's still has a really good attack rate but it isn't what it used to be. I hope MS gives us real sales numbers because i am interested in its digital sales.

in the end of year he could not sell 5.5 Millions even with digital, digital is over 20% now he sold over 2.8-3 Millions at Retail, he would need to sell atleast more 1.5 Millions on the Holiday season, and i dont see he doing this, even the Early Vg Chartz, dont show Halo 5, toping the chartz, we will need to wait for NPD.