By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 5 will sell 7.3 Million this year (Prediction)

Will it?

Yes 126 10.05%

No 438 34.93%

Maybe 93 7.42%

You're crazy 317 25.28%

I don't know 24 1.91%

Halo is dead 225 17.94%

team chief 24 1.91%

team locke 7 0.56%

Total:1,254
Chris Hu said:
DonFerrari said:
Chris Hu said:

Pure profitabily it is GT 5 Prolouge sales and attachment ratio its pretty much a tie for the first two GT games (no bundles and more of the copies where sold at full retail price).  Best game overall is still GT4 even though there are ton of people that love GT3 which I don't get it is more bare bone then even FM5 without and of the DLC.

You want to compare a Gen 6 to a Gen 8 game?

What is wrong with comparing a Gen 6 to a Gen 8 game contend wise.

On the racer front GT games have been adding content gen after gen.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Wow this thread has been going from GT to Forza to Mario kart. Pretty funny how off topic its been,
Anyway on the Forza thing, horizon 2 sold 527k in the first 10 weeks and 227k FW while Forza 6 sold 607k in 10 weeks and 210k fw. I know one is more arcade and the other is more of a sim but the fanbase is essential the same. And it looks like this Forza game is gonna outsell horizon 2. If they continue on this path then we could see an increase yoy in sales. BTW I'm not speaking about Forza 5 because it was a launch title.

Anyways as for Halo 5 i could see that it isn't the series it used to be and could end up around 5.5 in the end of the year with digital. With those numbers it's still has a really good attack rate but it isn't what it used to be. I hope MS gives us real sales numbers because i am interested in its digital sales.

Well even though it reviewed well a lot of people are very disappointed in Halo 5 contend wise even if would have been slightly better it wouldn't have sold that much more maybe a million physical copies more up to now max.  Call of Duty has been the most popular shooter on a MS console since MW2.

Chris Hu said:
Teeqoz said:

VGC tracks copies that come in bundles even if it's digital codes. It just doesn't track digital sales through digital storefronts. If you need any proof, just look at Assassin's Creed Unity's sales on XBO.

Well even if that is the case I doubt that 50% of FM5 and FM6 sales came via bundles.  Almost no games get bundled that much.  All the FM6 bundles sold out long ago and there wheren't that many FM5 bundles either.  As far as I know not all digital bundles get counted.

From what I remember from ioi and others all that that's bundled they would track don't matter if physical or digital (but of course there may be under and overtracking).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

SWORDF1SH said:
Swordmasterman said:

Granturismo 6's launch were very good, it released in 5 December, and in 7 December it already had sold over 900k at Retail, the problem of selling a game in the end cicle of the Console is that it hurts the Leg sales, that GT Showed to have long legs, without any release  of the game in 2014 they said the  franchise had over 70-71 Millions sold, and now have over 76.5 Millions units sold.

like The Last of Us, the  Remaster sold more than 3 Millions isn't it ?, this helped to give legs for the game and for the people Play The Last of Us, Already with a new generation System, that is Playstation 4, i think that the Next GT, if is not a Prologue, will have 8 or + Millions of Life time Sales, already is a good thing if you compare for How Poor Racing games are selling nowdays, with Need for Speed, and Forza 6.

That's what I meant by timing. The PS4 had already launched and like you said, GT games always have good legs. But excuses aside, at this moment in time it has sold less that 5M which isn't great for  a GT game.

i Think that we need atleast more 1 Halo game, and 1 more Gran Turismo game, to know where these franchises are heading for.

i Hope that they will raise the sales in the next games.

SWORDF1SH said:
Swordmasterman said:

Granturismo 6's launch were very good, it released in 5 December, and in 7 December it already had sold over 900k at Retail, the problem of selling a game in the end cicle of the Console is that it hurts the Leg sales, that GT Showed to have long legs, without any release  of the game in 2014 they said the  franchise had over 70-71 Millions sold, and now have over 76.5 Millions units sold.

like The Last of Us, the  Remaster sold more than 3 Millions isn't it ?, this helped to give legs for the game and for the people Play The Last of Us, Already with a new generation System, that is Playstation 4, i think that the Next GT, if is not a Prologue, will have 8 or + Millions of Life time Sales, already is a good thing if you compare for How Poor Racing games are selling nowdays, with Need for Speed, and Forza 6.

That's what I meant by timing. The PS4 had already launched and like you said, GT games always have good legs. But excuses aside, at this moment in time it has sold less that 5M which isn't great for  a GT game.

But its undertracked and vgchartz doesn't track its digital sales by now it probably sold close to 5 million if you include digital sales.   Which is still pretty good considering when it was released the reviews it got and the fact that it really didn't add that much content compared to GT5.  GT4 had more twice as much contend then GT3 and still managed to sell less and the same thing applies to GT2 compared to the first game.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

Anyways as for Halo 5 i could see that it isn't the series it used to be and could end up around 5.5 in the end of the year with digital.

How do you get that figure?

AEGRO said:
You know that a game flopped when people have to go with unknown digital sales numbers to prove a point.

Dont open that Pandora's Box people...please.

Yep and it started with forza not showing up on NPD and then halo 5 underperming.  All of a sudden digital is out of the ordinary for xb1 games

Chris Hu said:
SWORDF1SH said:

But its undertracked and vgchartz doesn't track its digital sales by now it probably sold close to 5 million if you include digital sales.   Which is still pretty good considering when it was released the reviews it got and the fact that it really didn't add that much content compared to GT5.  GT4 had more twice as much contend then GT3 and still managed to sell less and the same thing applies to GT2 compared to the first game.

I'm not sure, I think that figure was worked out from GT official figures so it probably shipped and includes digital.

I can't see the digital attach rate being above 10% anyway.

SWORDF1SH said:
jason1637 said:

Anyways as for Halo 5 i could see that it isn't the series it used to be and could end up around 5.5 in the end of the year with digital.

How do you get that figure?

its at 2.78m. It can sell 700-750k this year and the rest is digital.

Well it is a relatively small game (well at least it was when it launched) so its digital sales might a bit be more then 10%.