By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 5 will sell 7.3 Million this year (Prediction)

Will it?

Yes 126 10.05%

No 438 34.93%

Maybe 93 7.42%

You're crazy 317 25.28%

I don't know 24 1.91%

Halo is dead 225 17.94%

team chief 24 1.91%

team locke 7 0.56%

Total:1,254
Armour1 said:
Chris Hu said:

Nope, they did the same thing with Horizon 2.  Plus its not like GT6 where it costs over $120 in real money to buy the most expensive cars via microtransactions.  The tokens are pretty much only for super lazy people since its super easy to earn credits in a the Forza games on the X1.  The only game where tokens where somewhat benefical was Forza 4 where earning credits is somewhat of a grind but at least you can easily unlock free parts for every manufacturer in the game.

Didnt F5 get wrecked for how hard it was to earn top cars.  And all the micro transactions.  Unlike GT were you could earn all cars in F5 some were locked behind a pay wall.  And F5 cost what, speciel ed plus seasons pass and your experience with less then half the content of GT cost 130$.  Awesome.

Nope, its super easy to earn credits in FM5 had all the cars in the game plus many duplicates before I stopped playing it.  Of course being top tier in the Forza Rewards program helped but even without it its pretty easy to earn credits in FM5. 

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Teeqoz said:
curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:

Interesting. When people call GT6 a "flop" though, I think that's in the context that it underperformed by series standards. It's not that the game was a failure, it wasn't, just that people typically expect better from a Gran Turismo title.

On the other side of the fence, Forza 6 sold 607k in its first 10 weeks, where Forza 5 sold about a million, so there's certainly cause for concern there.

Both franchises have shown decline with their recent entries.

Forza 5 was a launch game and had zero competion from other racing games.  By the time Forza 6 launched the X1 had Forza 5, Horizion 2 and a ton of other 3rd party racing game not to mention there where also a ton more non racing games available by the time it launched.

Chris Hu said:
curl-6 said:

Interesting. When people call GT6 a "flop" though, I think that's in the context that it underperformed by series standards. It's not that the game was a failure, it wasn't, just that people typically expect better from a Gran Turismo title.

On the other side of the fence, Forza 6 sold 607k in its first 10 weeks, where Forza 5 sold about a million, so there's certainly cause for concern there.

Forza 5 was a launch game and had zero competion from other racing games.  By the time Forza 6 launched the X1 had Forza 5, Horizion 2 and a ton of other 3rd party racing game not to mention there where also a ton more non racing games available by the time it launched.

Doesn't change the fact that it's showing a decline.

Attach rate is actually a better measure of a games success then copies sold.

Chris Hu said:
curl-6 said:
Teeqoz said:
curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:

Toon of racing rivals ?, i dont thing so, the Racing genre are a preety little dry right now, the only ones that i remember are Project Cars ( as i remember it also had a Kickstarter campaing) and Need For Speed (i think that he  have the "Aways Online"  system) as Multiplataform racing games.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:

So GT5 is the biggest success on the franchise and the prologue at the time launched would trump all?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

You know that a game flopped when people have to go with unknown digital sales numbers to prove a point.

Dont open that Pandora's Box people...please.

DonFerrari said:
Chris Hu said:

So GT5 is the biggest success on the franchise and the prologue at the time launched would trump all?

I still think the first two are the most successful in the franchise since neither one had any bundles.  Also GT 5 Prologue had a really slow start it only sold 217K units in its first 10 weeks.  But Considering it was probably one of the least expensive GT games to make since its launched with very little condent and didn't get a lot of extra condent via DLC it was probably the most profitable GT game.

Chris Hu said:
DonFerrari said:
Chris Hu said:

I still think the first two are the most successful in the franchise since neither one had any bundles.  Also GT 5 Prologue had a really slow start it only sold 217K units in its first 10 weeks.  But Considering it was probably one of the least expensive GT games to make since its launched with very little condent and didn't get a lot of extra condent via DLC it was probably the most profitable GT game.

From what I remember (they said GT5P was made to fund GT5) GT5 sales were basically pure profit. But you need to choose what is your metric for success, because you changed from attach rate to unbundled sales (that we can't measure bundled quantity)) and them to profitability.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Pure profitabily it is GT 5 Prolouge sales and attachment ratio its pretty much a tie for the first two GT games (no bundles and more of the copies where sold at full retail price).  Best game overall is still GT4 even though there are ton of people that love GT3 which I don't get it is more bare bone then even FM5 without and of the DLC.