By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo 5 will sell 7.3 Million this year (Prediction)

Will it?

Yes 126 10.05%

No 438 34.93%

Maybe 93 7.42%

You're crazy 317 25.28%

I don't know 24 1.91%

Halo is dead 225 17.94%

team chief 24 1.91%

team locke 7 0.56%

Total:1,254
SWORDF1SH said:
jason1637 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

700k in 3 weeks, yeah that's entirely possible, optimisitc but doable. So that will take the physical total to 3.5M, digital 2M. That's a 36% digital attach rate.

Those are very optimistic figures!

Belive in the power of the cloud!

Seriously how did you come to these figures? First how did you get 7.3M to begin with, second why do you think 36% attach rate? 36% attach rate at launch is "possible" with the digital copy in the bundles and the select few that want to get their hands on it straight away. But with each passing day that rate is going to come down. Store will sell it for cheaper and the advantages of digital begin to fade. What makes you think that 36% is possible by the years end?

Yeah 36% is way too high most people still prefer to buy their games physically.  The only games that get to 36% or higher are those that are out of print and have been on sale digitally a bunch of times. 

Around the Network

F6 did well, I wonder when H3 will be announced. I also don't know why one is consider a failure in sales if it is compared to another franchise. There are people who should remember that some games were release digitally earlier, so talking about it should not be a problem.

Proud to be a Californian.

jason1637 said:
SWORDF1SH said:
jason1637 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

700k in 3 weeks, yeah that's entirely possible, optimisitc but doable. So that will take the physical total to 3.5M, digital 2M. That's a 36% digital attach rate.

Seriously how did you come to these figures? First how did you get 7.3M to begin with, second why do you think 36% attach rate? 36% attach rate at launch is "possible" with the digital copy in the bundles and the select few that want to get their hands on it straight away. But with each passing day that rate is going to come down. Store will sell it for cheaper and the advantages of digital begin to fade. What makes you think that 36% is possible by the years end?

I got the 7.3m based on the performance of past installments in the series.

And the 36% because from what I've seen in the launch event and people I know the game was mostly downloaded off the Xbox marketplace. Not only this but the game had a discount on the Xbox store this holiday. 

Didn't you agree with me on another thread that digital attach rate was probably a little over 20%???

Again it's been treated like the only game to do something different. Halo isn't the only game to get digital discounts. What I want to know is what is Halo 5 doing different to get a high digital sales attach rate compared to other games?

Digital discount? You can buy it physically on Amazon right now $40 new.
Pre-load? Not exclusive to Halo. Destiny had it and we know that it has a 20% digital attach rate which is pretty high.
My friends? I hate to burst this bubble but you and your small group of friends do not represent the full picture. Example, all my console owning friends own a PS4 except 1. I live in the UK and the PS4 and XB1 are close but if I go by my experience the sales would be PS4 - 4.5M vs XB1 - 0.5M.

SWORDF1SH said:
jason1637 said:
SWORDF1SH said:
jason1637 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

And the 36% because from what I've seen in the launch event and people I know the game was mostly downloaded off the Xbox marketplace. Not only this but the game had a discount on the Xbox store this holiday. 

Didn't you agree with me on another thread that digital attach rate was probably a little over 20%???

Again it's been treated like the only game to do something different. Halo isn't the only game to get digital discounts. What I want to know is what is Halo 5 doing different to get a high digital sales attach rate compared to other games?

Pre-load? Not exclusive to Halo. Destiny had it and we know that it has a 20% digital attach rate which is pretty high.
My friends? I hate to burst this bubble but you and your small group of friends do not represent the full picture. Example, all my console owning friends own a PS4 except 1. I live in the UK and the PS4 and XB1 are close but if I go by my experience the sales would be PS4 - 4.5M vs XB1 - 0.5M.

On the NPD thread there was a post saying something that halo 5s digital sales in the US is around 30% so due to Christmas and all i could see a 6% increase assuming this can be said about WW sales. 

jason1637 said:

On the NPD thread there was a post saying something that halo 5s digital sales in the US is around 30% so due to Christmas and all i could see a 6% increase assuming this can be said about WW sales. 

Link? Where does this info come from?

And why would Christmas raise the digital attach rate?

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
jason1637 said:

It was part of the first week of the year end countdown sale so it should get a decent digital boost for that week.

darkenergy said:

F6 did well, I wonder when H3 will be announced. I also don't know why one is consider a failure in sales if it is compared to another franchise. There are people who should remember that some games were release digitally earlier, so talking about it should not be a problem.

I'm guessing Horizon 3 will be announced at E3 although some info about it might leak earlier.   F6 is doing pretty good the only bummer so far is that no DLC track has shown up for it yet but I guess it will be like F5 and the first track will probably not show up until February.   Also it looks like the 1966 Nissan Silvia will probably just be a part of January's car pack and not a seperate DLC pack.

jason1637 said:
SWORDF1SH said:
jason1637 said:
SWORDF1SH said:
jason1637 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Halo's digital sales can even be 30% but just on Christimas and not in the Total, and this 6% World Wide you mean UK, Right ?, Because not every country have Internet for Purchase games online.

SWORDF1SH said:
jason1637 said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=211134&page=3

jason1637 said:
SWORDF1SH said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=211134&page=3

Link the single post!