By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What Would Be Your Reaction If Sony Announced "True" PS3 Backwards Compatibility?

I don't care, i have a ps3.

Around the Network

I'd be pretty darn surprised, but I'm not buying a PS4 before I've played through the PS3 games I want to play through anyway, so it won't change that much for me.

I would appreciate the features but at the same time, I won't use it much unless my ps3 die. I have my ps3 alongside my ps4.

I would probably think about selling my PS3 but not actually sell it.

And I would probably think about playing my PS3 games but not actually play them.

Great disbelief. After that, I'd buy the console.

Around the Network

I would be happy for all PlayStation fans, the more games you get to play, the better.

Would be nice. Then I could sell my noisy PS3 for a few bucks.

Would be even better if the PS3-BC is also compatible with remote play on Vita + Xperia phones.

I'd sell my PS3 and make some money (and more room in my house!)

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I stopped playing PS3 games the day the ps4 launched, so I wouldn't give a fook about it. Always thought BC is a massively over rated feature. People were complaining and hassling Sony and Microsoft to bring these new consoles out for about the last 3 years of PS3/360, then when they come out people complain they can't play last gen games in them!?

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Considering Sony said before the launch of PS3 "BC will continue on forever'... I would consider it par for the course. Sony should have kept their word to begin with. That is one of the things that SOLD the PS2. Sony is the company that made BC popular in modern console gaming.

I think PS4 should have native PS1,PS2 and PS3 BC. Next gen, their console should have native, disc based PS1, PS2,PS3 and PS4 gaming. Just like they promised.