By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What Would Be Your Reaction If Sony Announced "True" PS3 Backwards Compatibility?

I would be happy that I wouldn't have to hook up my PS3 again before I replay all the Kingdom Hearts games prior to KH3's release.

Around the Network

As it stands right now, I have my PS3 (3rd generation) hooked up right next to my PS4. My broken original backwards compatible PS3 is sitting in my storage room. If they could get a PS4 playing PS3, PS2, and PS1 games, I would do the dance of joy. Otherwise, I don't really need PS3 BC.

I would say excellent! That would be great for all users : )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I'd have no reaction, because I have no desire to get rid of my PS3 whether the PS4 is backwards compatible or not.

I would consider it worthless and preffer they invested in new games.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I would be really surprised and probably would be able to get a PS3 for really cheap :p

Also would make me consider getting a PS4, but it's still a bit to expensive

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Same as with the XB1, it would have zero impact on me.

Sure, someone who is still rocking the original PS2/PS1 would think that this would be awesome...

It is near the end of the end....

Mr.Playstation said:

Would you be shocked?

Would you Cry?

Would you hug your PS4?

and would most of you show double standards?

I would just sell my PS3. Not a big issue really but nice to have.

I still want to play my PS3 games so I just kept my PS3. Most modern TV's come with 4 HDMI ports minimum so I'm covered.

'That's great!' promptly followed by never using it.

The PS5 Exists. 

AlfredoTurkey said:
Considering Sony said before the launch of PS3 "BC will continue on forever'... I would consider it par for the course. Sony should have kept their word to begin with. That is one of the things that SOLD the PS2. Sony is the company that made BC popular in modern console gaming.

I think PS4 should have native PS1,PS2 and PS3 BC. Next gen, their console should have native, disc based PS1, PS2,PS3 and PS4 gaming. Just like they promised.

You realize that is 100% impossible right? The only way to give the PS4 BC is to put a PS3 inside a PS4. I really do not think it would have been a terrible idea to make a larger 600$ PS4 with PS3 BC but obviously they did not think it would be profitable