By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What Would Be Your Reaction If Sony Announced "True" PS3 Backwards Compatibility?

I'd have the same reaction I did to the Xbox One's backwards compatibility announcement: meh.

I still own and use both my PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 so I don't particularly care about backwards compatibility. I'm sure it'd be a welcomed addition for people that didn't own, or no longer own, an older platform though.

Around the Network
arcaneguyver said:
I'd look at my PS4, PS3, then back to the PS4, shrug, and keep doing whatever it was I was doing at the time.

Same. I have no issue with multiple systems below my television and honestly my PS3 play time has been dwindling this past year anyways.

same as with xbox,.. it's too late to give a shit.

BC on launch day would have been great because there aren't many next/current gen games to play. 2 years later i've removed my ps3 from my TV because i just don't want to play old as shit games when i'm overwhelmed by my ps4 backlog.

Darwinianevolution said:
It would greatly improve my opinion of the system. Still wouldn't buy it, I don't buy systems that block MP under a paywall.

This comment really has no logic.YOu could just not play online.People bitch and moan about wanting certain features than complain about having to pay for them as if they can be provided free of cost.

Anyway,I would not care,because I would be too busy playing PS4 games and I prefer ports that actually imrpove the game.

I'd say it's no big deal.

Just kidding. I already have a PS3. I'd do the same thing I do with my PSTV. Jump for joy because I could now play my PS3 games in two different rooms without two different consoles. I have all of my consoles (PS3, PS4, WiiU, Slim Xbox 360, Xbox One) all in one room. With the addition of BC and a PSTV, I now have a Phat 360, a PS4 (Via Remote Play, that is), a Wii, and an Ouya in my living room for when the game room is taken--which happens a lot lately now that my GF and her daughter live with me. I could move the PS3 in there, too! I still prefer the 7th gen library of games to their 8th gen brethern.  With about 50 or more PS3 games, I'd love it!

Around the Network

I'd try it out, but probably would keep playing my ps3 games on my ps3. Without folders or other ways to organize games on the ps4, the time saved in a faster os would be lost hunting for games.

episteme said:
I'd wanna know which wizards were able to emulate the Cell on PS4.

This. Would have to be black magic

"Hourray! I can finish Ni No Kuni without getting myself a new PS3!!!"

No lie I'd probably by a PS4 alot sooner than I currently plan too.

Wont happen