By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - I am voting for Donald Trump, who is with me?

VGPolyglot said:
Aeolus451 said:
I don't care for him as a person but I'll vote for him because he'll do more good for the whole US than the other politicians. Some people vote for or against someone because of their feelings for 'em as a person. Which is frankly asinine of 'em.

Yeah, lowering the minimum wage of Americans to that of poor African countries is really good for the US. Have you heard the policies that he has promised?

I'm familar with most of his policies and I don't agree with all of 'em but overall, he's the best choice out of the options for the country. Minimum wage was never meant to be the equilevent of "making a living" off from it. It's really a short term arrangement til you can get the job you want or a better job or until you're done with school.  Raising minimum wage is only a short term band aid because prices will inflate right along with it. 

Schooling is the most logical long term solution for anyone who wants a higher quality of life and to able to put a silver spoon in their kid's mouth. 

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Yeah, lowering the minimum wage of Americans to that of poor African countries is really good for the US. Have you heard the policies that he has promised?

I'm familar with most of his policies and I don't agree with all of 'em but overall, he's the best choice out of the options for the country. Minimum wage was never meant to be the equilevent of "making a living" off from it. It's really a short term arrangement til you can get the job you want or a better job or until you're done with school.  Raising minimum wage is only a short term band aid because prices will inflate right along with it. 

Schooling is the most logical long term solution for anyone who wants a higher quality of life and to able to put a silver spoon in their kid's mouth. 

Wait you mean raising minimum wage will cause no effect because prices change with it, but lowering minimum wage will cause an effect because prices do not change with it? Is this true? I don't know, I've only taken a couple of economics courses.

jigokutamago said:
Aeolus451 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Wait you mean raising minimum wage will cause no effect because prices change with it, but lowering minimum wage will cause an effect because prices do not change with it? Is this true? I don't know, I've only taken a couple of economics courses.

Higher minimum wages = higher prices or less work hours or both. 

I guess you are looking to pick a fight with VGChartz? lol just kidding, but i do agree with you. I like Trump because he isn't afraid to say what is on his mind. But of course I want to slap some common sense into that man so he doesn't say shit to get him in more trouble (although you could argue there is no turning back now..). Either way i commend you on being the first person to post a pro Trump thread! And people seem to be respecting your opinion so great job! :)

Aeolus451 said:
jigokutamago said:
Aeolus451 said:
VGPolyglot said:

This is exactly why i can't back someone like Bernie Sanders. He fforgets that raising minumum wage will hurt our economy more than he thinks. No one will be hiring and lots of people are going to get laid off. And we already have a high unemployment rate so it will hurt so many people rather than benefit.

Around the Network

You have the privilege of having the right to vote and this is how you decide to use it? Really sad.

Can't be any worse than Bush or Obama were. They were both bad.

Clinton was a sleep around playboy.

I can't remember the last good president we had.

You know you can trust a presidential candidate when only 10% of his fact-checked statements are "True" or "Mostly True" http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

But seriously, I do see your point. If you want to bring about change, you need to do far more than just picking a new president. After all, the president isn't just some all-powerful person who can do whatever he says. That's not how our country works.

Besides, voting in local elections/bills will usually have a bigger influence on your community than electing a new president would.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

Superquagsire said:
Aeolus451 said:

This is exactly why i can't back someone like Bernie Sanders. He fforgets that raising minumum wage will hurt our economy more than he thinks. No one will be hiring and lots of people are going to get laid off. And we already have a high unemployment rate so it will hurt so many people rather than benefit.

Look up his information and statistics for doing so.  Work production has increased vastly and minimum wage stopped increasing along with it.  A lot of this is due to automation and shipping jobs overseas.  Corporation profits have skyrocketed and they even encourage their employees to seek government assistance programs as a result of low paying jobs.  The cost of living has also increased while the minimum wage has remained the same.  It is a broken system.  

Bernie wants to do so much like offer affordable healthcare, free education, ensure the elderly can live off medicare, fund renewable energy infrastructure, ensure corporations PAY taxes by not putting profits in safe havens where they pay ZERO.  Ever since Reagan took office corporations have got away with paying ZERO $ in taxes.  To fund free education he wants to tax wallstreet, the people bailed them out and now its time they do it for us so we can grow as a society.  He is the only candidate that cares about the problems such as racism, the ridiculous non regulated budget for the military and so many other things.  

Go look up his middle class statistics.  It is appaling.  Families make on average less money than they did in 1999.  Ridiculous. 

I doubt he'll win. He won't beat Hilary for the women's vote or the Hispanic vote, which means Florida and New Mexico are likely in play to stay blue and it's virtually impossible to win after that for the Repubs.  

Even among other demographics, the Clinton days were generally seen as good times, so many people will just stick with the Clinton name.

Trump's doing a masterful job of trolling the Republican field though.