By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One vs PS4: Spencer Hates the Console War

I agree with his statement on 3rd party exclusives. That shit needs to end already.
Before I hear about Rise of the Tomb Raider deal, MS is publishing that game, not SE, and because of that, why the game will be exclusive to MS for a year. Unlike Sony 3rd party published games, that will never go Multiplat.

Roles are reversed this gen, Watch the list of MS first party titles continue to grow this gen, just like Sony last gen.

Around the Network

It's like Iran president saying he hates sexism

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Puppyroach said:
Completely agree with him, even though I loved the console war when I was younger :).

That's because

•_•) WAR 
( •_•)>⌐■-■ HAS 

(⌐■_■)CHANGED

I think he's speaking of how modern console wars are now:
Largely between immature fans within social media rather than direct competition. In that sense, when he says that his job isn't to tell you not to but a PS4 but buy a Xbox One (paraphrasing) then he's not wrong. Judging buy his wording, that is really used by colorful characters on youtube and such that I used to watch for bit before I became sick of it, I don't think I'm reading it out of context.

Early Xbox One 3rd party deals were also done before he took over too, but not all of them.
So while I don't think he's full of it, I also don't think he can feign innocence.

Such hate for the guy even though he's right. Phil's not even talking about sales, he's talking about the idiots who argue about a piece of plastic. He's talking about fanboys of all platforms, including Xbox fanboys. He's never said once, you should only buy an Xbox one. He's in the business of trying to make the best gaming platforms/games he can. Why would he support PC as much as he has if he enjoyed the console war? He's always been supportive of Sony/Nintendo congratulating them on good performances, etc.

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:
Such hate for the guy even though he's right. Phil's not even talking about sales, he's talking about the idiots who argue about a piece of plastic. He's talking about fanboys of all platforms, including Xbox fanboys. He's never said once, you should only buy an Xbox one. He's in the business of trying to make the best gaming platforms/games he can. Why would he support PC as much as he has if he enjoyed the console war? He's always been supportive of Sony/Nintendo congratulating them on good performances, etc.

Yet he also accuses sony of buying games so they don't appear on his platform even if it is his own or microsofts fault (because they don't want cross play with playstation users). Telling everyone how bad it is to buy third party games 2 month before tomb raider is released is also a bit ridiculous. Or this:

Xbox boss Phil Spencer has said that market share has nothing to do with the third-party exclusive we are seeing on PS4, it's all about the money.

If he don't want to get the criticism maybe he should say nothing of this bullshit?

Of course he hates it when he's losing it.

I LOVE ICELAND!

I hate it aswell but competition and console war is good for us gamers

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

He hates it because he's losing.

(If you can't beat em, join em.)

Sprash said:
smroadkill15 said:

Yet he also accuses sony of buying games so they don't appear on his platform even if it is his own or microsofts fault (because they don't want cross play with playstation users). Telling everyone how bad it is to buy third party games 2 month before tomb raider is released is also a bit ridiculous. Or this:

Xbox boss Phil Spencer has said that market share has nothing to do with the third-party exclusive we are seeing on PS4, it's all about the money.

If he don't want to get the criticism maybe he should say nothing of this bullshit?

I'm not saying I agree with everything the guy has said, but when it comes to his stance on the console war (seperate topic from 3rd party deals) I don't disagree with him. I've always found it distasteful for full grown men/women to saying console A is the best and you should never even think about buying console B or C. Everyone has their preferences (so do I), but I'm not going to talk crap about another system/game just because it's not (on) my prefered system.