By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star fox Zero delayed till Q1 2016

A Message from Mr. Miyamoto Regarding Star Fox Zero

I made a big decision last week.

We have been developing Star Fox Zero for Wii U with the aim of releasing it this year. Although we felt that the development had been progressing well, we now believe that we will need a little more time to work on areas such as the unprecedented discovery that we want players to experience in the game by using two screens, and further polishing the level designs and perfecting the tone of the cut scenes. While we have already reached the stage where it would be technically possible to release the title in time for the year-end holiday season, we want to polish the game a bit more so that players will be able to more smoothly grasp the new style of play that we are proposing.

To the people looking forward to the launch of the game this holiday season, I am very sorry.

Star Fox Zero is going to bring new game play and experiences that take it far beyond the framework established by Star Fox 64. All the members of the development team are doing our best so that the final product will not betray your expectations. And the game will not be delayed for a very long time – we’re aiming to launch the game in Q1 2016. Please stay tuned for further announcements.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/NintendoConsoleGaming?fref=ts

I guess they needed to polish the game more and upgrade the graphics after the backlash at E3.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Around the Network

So... NX confirmed 2017?

Eh, okay. This game wasn't a priority for me since the holiday season is just so packed as it is. Q1 2016 will probably be more beneficial for my wallet, and the game will likely end up significantly better as a result of the delay.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

So what's gonna be the big game for Wii U this holiday? I hope not it's Mario Tennis...

Damn it, you beat me while I was editing and finding a better source.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

2015 Holiday Line up....

but I guess it wouldn't compete with games like Xenobalde X..?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Poliwrathlord said:

So what's gonna be the big game for Wii U this holiday? I hope not it's Mario Tennis...

they'll probably push Xenoblade as the big holiday game.

Wasn't really excited for it but sucks for the people that were tho

In b4 miyamoto comment (like his delayed game blah blah blah and not the user)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Well shit

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

animegaming said:
Poliwrathlord said:

they'll probably push Xenoblade as the big holiday game.

Even though I think Star Fox is pretty niche, I think that Xenoblade is a lot more niche and would really not be that good of a choice, but then again they don't have a lot of options. Maybe Animal Crossing Party?